| CURRENT EVENTS The Presidential Race: The Democratic National Convention

The cost of living life is a real political issue for most Americans. Whether it be directly (government contracts) or indirectly (cost of oil or inflation), costs of living is a huge element to politics. I'm happy that you don't have to really make budget decisions for everyday life. And you seem to alude to being very self sustainable. The means to do that requires vigor, discipline & hard work. Very admirable & yet another characterstic many of us have more in common than less.

But this stance that budgeting or living pay to pay check is for the stupid or reckless is observation from your ivory tower & as elitist as it gets. This fits the Democratic Dogma & is starting to make sense about your arguments.
Yes, because dems are the only elites…..the dude most of you support for President is the supreme elitist, so you’ll have to spare me the “democratic dogma” and such.

Didn’t call it stupid. I fought my ass off and worked my ass off to get to where I am and I budget like crazy, so there’s no elitist about it, it’s called discipline. For the first 7 years of my life we were poor, moved in with my uncle when I was 10 and decided no matter what I needed to do I was never going to be even remotely poor. Most of us have that same capability.

But, to add something to your “democratic dogma” thing, the party I support tries to increase spending on social programs like food stamps and school lunches meanwhile the party screaming and bitching about inflation cuts those same programs at every turn, so please make it make sense

Last edited:
Yes, because dems are the only elites…..the dude most of you support for President is the supreme elitist, so you’ll have to spare me the “democratic dogma” and such.

Didn’t call it stupid. I fought my ass off and worked my ass off to get to where I am and I budget like crazy, so there’s no elitist about it, it’s called discipline. For the first 7 years of my life we were poor, moved in with my uncle when I was 10 and decided no matter what I needed to do I was never going to be even remotely poor. Most of us have that same capability.

But, to add something to your “democratic dogma” thing, the party I support tries to increase spending on social programs like food stamps and school lunches meanwhile the party screaming and bitching about inflation cuts those same programs at every turn, so please make it make sense

You calling him elitist because he’s rich???

That’s not elitist, he’s America 1st, that’s Americans 1st. We are over taxed and the majority of that money goes over seas!
Then this money gets donated back, and no almost all of the moneys going to Ukraine have not been goods and services. Most of it went to private contractors that have done nothing for “the war”….
You’ve been fooled by warmongers and you’re going to stay on that hill.
Trump has done nothing to signify he’s a political elitist, the very people that are trying to destroying our way of life.
The only reason this country is as great as it is???? The constitution!!!! The very thing one set of people are trying to change or circumvent at every turn. Sheep will be sheep I guess.

Bravo! That's what matters most as an American. The right to bust ass, save, build, be a solid citizen. This approach is the solution to most every American's problems, especially the social programs that you espouse to want to make better. Unfortunately, there are things that have happened politically that really make things more of a challenge. The inflation that we experienced in '21/22/23 was unprecedented in the last 40 years & it did no favors for those that are doing exactly what you did starting out. The means to buy a home with rising interest rates & home prices really hindered a generation of adults from getting their first home. So now you can scoff at the notion of inflation or costs all day long but you didn't experience this when you were getting started. And now that these so called called democratic policies have failed & you want to condescend that it doesn't matter because it hasn't affected you? Ivory towers sir.

Complete, utter BS. Show me one proposed bill or budget plans that want to do what your saying. ONE. This should be easy based on your democratic dogma rhetoric. ONE.

The ONLY, real solution to inflation is the production of more products & more services. PERIOD. Government should get the hell out of the way so that small businesses to big businesses can spend the money at producing more products & services. I'm not going to blame Biden for any of this because it is VERY clear he's just a sock puppet.

"Supreme elitist" that didn't take a salary, whose net worth has been eroded due to BS Banana Republic courtroom tactics, who reduced unemployement for minorities more than any other president in history? All you do is regurgitate political tropes from The View.

The initial surge is encouraging people to vote for her because she’s black and a woman. Nothing about accomplishments, and nothing about policies. I find it interesting that the party that can’t define a woman and screams about racism wants people to vote based on being a woman and her race.

Back
Top Bottom