| FTBL The Good?, The Bad and The Ole So Ugly vs. uT West

The good…we got some really good young dbacks… Downs will be great if he stays..Good young OL guys to make great..

The bad…The lack of QB development.. We need a qb coach or grad assistant to handle only qbs.. The Bryce Young years we had no sense of urgency on qb development.. No real portal urgency with quarterbacks either..The strength and conditioning regimens for the offense and defensive lineman..

The ugly- I think Texas is a contender for the National title.. They had more experience than our team.. our team is very young in key spots..Saban should’ve made that clear from the start, to temper expectations..We are expecting too much..We are spoiled!

Last edited:
The Good - I see some bright spots in our future with this team.

The Bad - The game showed a lot of blemishes with the team and pretty much the easy formula to beat us.

The Ugly - I think we should play the season out as if trying to with the championship still, but I honestly see two more losses before the season ends. Time to get some reps for the young guys.

I don’t feel like i can add anything to the already astute posts above.

Good——-no injuries, we have a great place kicker, Malachi played hard, I think Arnold is going to get better each week.

Bad—-most everything else. Jalen I looked confused a little too often for my taste, granted he was under a lot of pressure, but still I don’t see a lot of touch on his ball as much as I would like. Of course, it’s easy for me to say because no one was running up the middle at me while I was sitting on the couch.

Ugly—-as much as I hate to say it, I feel like a portion of the team folded. The offensive line seemed to have a look on their face like what do you expect us to do? Too many wide open receivers behind the linebackers. And just the general feeling of “dammit man” when we lose a big game.

Good.....man what a energized crowd. Like lsu crowds use to be ....About it as I remember from last nite....was humid but not real hot...breeze on occasion

Bad....all been said....obnoxious texas fans.... some really open receivers...that would have been TDs but...milroe had already decided where he was throwing....or it seems
Got away from running game early...when oline was winning los...

Ugly...those 2 Dlinemen from Texas..beast. Football program...now 10$..
Fucking beer and its effects on fans...constant stream walking in front for BR ...other beer effects...
Really...so many streaming out at start of fourth quarter....hard to figure....wishsome others would have left...

Disappointing....but not really surprising...
QB makes great plays...then bone head throws...no consistency....missed lots of receivers that were open...
Oline...average...what the hell is center doing
RBs.nowhere to run..but run hard..
Receivers...good job

D...o man..i dont know about a Saban D..

Penalties...shit

The good…we got some really good young dbacks… Downs will be great if he stays..Good young OL guys to make great..

The bad…The lack of QB development.. We need a qb coach or grad assistant to handle only qbs.. The Bryce Young years we had no sense of urgency on qb development.. No real portal urgency with quarterbacks either..The strength and conditioning regimens for the offense and defensive lineman..

The ugly- I think Texas is a contender for the National title.. They had more experience than our team.. our team is very young in key spots..Saban should’ve made that clear from the start, to temper expectations..We are expecting too much..We are spoiled!
I'll say it again. Who are you & what did you do with 24 and 7?
A well thought out post. I think if you listen back, Saban kept referring to this game as a barometer. I don't think he was completely surprised last night. We will get better.
I would have loved to have seen this board back in 1978 when we lost to USC early in the year. Those who have given up should just go and jump ship!

The Good: Special teams. Reichard and Burnip.

The Bad: Having to say the Special teams as the only The Good.

Ugly: Me thinks this season is going to be ugly by Bama standards. Last night we would not have beat any team in the SEC that has a better than average offense. Outscoring these type of teams does not appear to be an option this year.

Reese called a decent game. But our QB threw 2 picks, hit the dirt on wide open receivers. Overthrew 2 touchdowns. He still has a hard time reading defenses and our O line is a swinging gate. We also went from 2 penalties week one to 10 on week two.

Nothing good to see here.

I'll say it again. Who are you & what did you do with 24 and 7?
A well thought out post. I think if you listen back, Saban kept referring to this game as a barometer. I don't think he was completely surprised last night. We will get better.
I would have loved to have seen this board back in 1978 when we lost to USC early in the year. Those who have given up should just go and jump ship!
I really a good misunderstood guy.. just big and feisty sometimes… and a sick sense of humor and sarcasm/satire😉

Having a day to reflect (I’m traveling):

Good: the sky didn’t fall. we can clean things up on both sides of the ball

Bad: patience. Didn’t see much on either side of the ball. Result? At least 4 flags with 2 being recalled TDs

Ugly: Milroe’s pass protection compared to Texas’s OL. Average 350+ lbs across the entire line? Cryin shame

There was not much good that I witnessed on the tube, cept maybe the kicker and punter.
A real nut aching kind of loss.

The offense and defense played hard but, through large portions of the game, parts of the offense looked to me to be really inept.
The defensive plan looked to me non aggressive, passive, undisciplined in their approach to coverage, many times caught flat footed
watching the QB while their receivers would run wide open across the middle or run by them for the long ball. One DB was called for holding 3 times, though once he tripped and fell somewhat into the back of the receiver and the other of his holding calls was on the punting team.
His first holding call was when he was beaten on a go route ,I think, and he held the back of the jersey for 5 or 10 yards down the field.
He had an incredulous look on his face for the penalty flag.

The only part of the game that wasn't ugly to me was the short lived lead we took in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom