| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Oh So Ugly vs. UofSC

Good- A win

Bad-The collective IQ of this team must be around 75.

Ugly- the three ILBers 0-15-11 are without a doubt the most pathetic group of starters ever at Alabama but then again, I am only 74. None of them could tackle a 80 year old women. The pass rushers when they actually get home can't tackle the passer. Surely Kalen can look at the film of the onside kick and remove those three players that allowed the ball thru their legs.

I had made a statement weeks back that this team was well coached, and I am her today to take that back.

Good- A win

Bad-The collective IQ of this team must be around 75.

Ugly- the three ILBers 0-15-11 are without a doubt the most pathetic group of starters ever at Alabama but then again, I am only 74. None of them could tackle a 80 year old women. The pass rushers when they actually get home can't tackle the passer. Surely Kalen can look at the film of the onside kick and remove those three players that allowed the ball thru their legs.

I had made a statement weeks back that this team was well coached, and I am her today to take that back.

Christian Robinson and Freddie Roach are failed experiments… the secondary coach might can get a pass because most of them are true freshman

Good - Que Robinson makes a difference when he plays. He had the one penalty, but I'll never get on to a guy visually busting his butt to make a play and he is doing that and it shows over a lot of his fellow teammates.

We won the game. Tennessee struggling at home at the moment.

Bad - I don't think Milroe has truly progressed. I think a lot of his flaws have simply been hidden in the breakout of Ryan Williams and Germie Bernard. Williams alone has made Milroe look like a Heisman contender. Milroe is a good ambassador of the program and a very nice young man, but he has not grown like folks keep trying to say. Throwing the ball after crossing the line of scrimmage, still taking bad sacks, today's safety was terrible, and his interception before half knowing there was no pay off from forcing a throw shows he has not grown. He is quick to run and we tip our hats a lot when he runs and it is no longer an option as defenses key directly on Milroe. He missed more backs in the flats today again. I personally thought today Simpson should have gone in to prove a point that you can't simply keep making mistakes without consequences. I cannot see us falling off that much if at all with Simpson taking snaps. I've seen both play and would not mind at all seeing Simpson get a longer look.

Ugly - Defensive playcalling is total garbage. We blitz 9% of the time, lowest in college football. Get absolutely bent over on 3rd down and 4th down against Georgia and Vanderbilt, and we don't learn our lesson and get torched by South Carolina on 4th down for a touchdown as we sentmd zero pressure. At some point the d-coordinator deserves to just get punched in the face for ineptitude. DeBoer better reign this in or it will all fall on him quickly. I have zero issues with him and think our offense is great, but he better fix this defense or else.

I've been saying this for a while, but NIL has killed college football. There is zero focus, all this celebrating, trash talking, and zero discipline. Our games gave a crap against Georfia because they knew they could build their brand, get camera time, and get a lot of ME time with the media surrounding the campus and game that week. Outside of that you heard on GameDay that our team talks so much trash this year compared to past seasons. All the players care about is Team Me and the dollar. If you don't believe that, you're blind as a bat as it continues to show. Not just an Alabama problem, but a college football problem. Too many mental mistakes and lack of physicality. Half these guys can't tackle for crap anymore.

.....Our games gave a crap against Georfia because they knew they could build their brand, get camera time, and get a lot of ME time with the media surrounding the campus and game that week. Outside of that you heard on GameDay that our team talks so much trash this year compared to past seasons. All the players care about is Team Me and the dollar. If you don't believe that, you're blind as a bat as it continues to show. Not just an Alabama problem, but a college football problem. Too many mental mistakes and lack of physicality. Half these guys can't tackle for crap anymore.

Sheesh..... I think you may have hit the pulse of this team. I hope it changes but who is going to kick their butts to wake them up?

Good - It’s hard to see the good when so much bad overwhelms the senses.

Bad - We’re seeing in vivid colors why Saban is the GOAT. He controlled or tamped down the massive egos and immaturity of the modern players. He made his players accountable to the coaching staff and to one another. He drove home the fundamentals every single day and didn’t allow the standard to change from one player to another or from one season to another. As for me, I can’t stand all of the asinine celebrations. And if you miss your assignments, miss tackles or fail to cover your man or your zone, trash talk’s nothing but embarrassing. Saban spoiled me so bad … so much so I hardly recognize this Bama team.

Ugly - In back to back weeks Bama’s defense looks pedestrian at best. The fall off at LB is startling. They often miss assignments and it seems they miss more tackles than they make. The DB’s are young but damn look at how many times opposing receivers end up wide open deep as they fly past the coverages. If the SC QB had been just short of elite they could have scored at least three more TD’s. I don’t know if that showed up on TV as I haven’t watched it yet but it was easy to see in person. Bama’s not getting better folks and we’re halfway through the season. That alone should make all Bama fans wonder whether this team can even make the 12 team playoff much less make it to the second round.

I realize coaches want to bring their own system with them wherever they go. And usually that’s OK with the fans because those coaches have been hired to replace someone who’s been fired. That wasn’t the case here … the system in place had dominated the sport for 16 seasons. In my opinion, DeBoers and Bama would have looked much better had he done so.

Good- W
Bad- play calling on both sides, lack of effort on both sides and overall a “fuck it” mentality.

Ugly- the last 1:37 of the first half and then pretty much all of the following 30 minutes. I don’t know if we were trying to pay some type of “homage” to Mike Shula being back in town or if this team is really just that mentally challenged.

@Brandon Van de Graaff Im not sure on Domani’s pick if maybe he thought it might have been ruled a safety had he kneeled since he was around the 3-4 yard line when he first caught it. Don’t know if momentum from the catch would be considered. With the way that ending was headed, I could have only imagined the refs ruling a touchback to only have the replay booth overrule and award a safety sending us into OT, where one team would eventually win in 10 OTs.

Good- W
Bad- play calling on both sides, lack of effort on both sides and overall a “fuck it” mentality.

Ugly- the last 1:37 of the first half and then pretty much all of the following 30 minutes. I don’t know if we were trying to pay some type of “homage” to Mike Shula being back in town or if this team is really just that mentally challenged.

@Brandon Van de Graaff Im not sure on Domani’s pick if maybe he thought it might have been ruled a safety had he kneeled since he was around the 3-4 yard line when he first caught it. Don’t know if momentum from the catch would be considered. With the way that ending was headed, I could have only imagined the refs ruling a touchback to only have the replay booth overrule and award a safety sending us into OT, where one team would eventually win in 10 OTs.

By rule, I think he would have been ok... and I'm ok with him returning it in that split second moment, just wish he hadn't kept running... I was waiting for him to get lit up and then a scoop and score based on how those final 2 minutes played out.

Can the team take on the same persona again like they did against UGA?
They have taken on the personality of the 2nd half of that game. They have not come anywhere close to the 1st half in any game. At this point with what we have seen you have to say UGA is not what we thought AND that half was the exception and not the real Bama.

Last edited:
By rule, I think he would have been ok... and I'm ok with him returning it in that split second moment, just wish he hadn't kept running... I was waiting for him to get lit up and then a scoop and score based on how those final 2 minutes played out.
I agree!! The last 1:37 of the first half and then the final 2 minutes of the game, HOLY SHIT!!!

They have taken on the personality fo the 2nd half of that game. They have not come anywhere close to the 1st half in any game. At this point you with what we have seen you have to say UGA is not what we thought AND that half was the exception and not the real Bama.

The Wisconsin game was pretty well played overall. There's certainly no identity right now, and I thought there would be by mid season. But if there's some good news, looking around the SEC room... at this point, only Texas has played at a relatively high level each week. But yeah, it is sure looking like it's going to be a battle for 4 quarters each week for the rest of the season unless the light comes back on. They are teetering right now between 10-2 and 8-4, IMO.

They have taken on the personality fo the 2nd half of that game. They have not come anywhere close to the 1st half in any game. At this point you with what we have seen you have to say UGA is not what we thought AND that half was the exception and not the real Bama.

As much as Milroe is disappointing me, I think our offense is fine. It's the defense that is leading to so many issues. Limited possessions because we can't get off the field, breakdowns on 3rd and 4th down, no pass rush to create more turnovers, and our tackling is not great. Offense has some issues, but I feel better with us being from behind and having the ball to win than us holding a lead and being on defense to stop the other team.

I didn’t get to watch any of our game, that would probably be my “Good”. And Burnip averaging 48 yards per punt.

But geez, how do we let the Cocks come into our house and out rush us and out pass us? CKD is supposed to be an offensive genius, we’re supposed to score more than 30, etc, etc. Milroe had 2 more turnovers, he’s in a bad spell lately. Took 4 more sacks including a safety? Don’t have a RB break 50 yards again? A reality check is, we’re not that good on either side of the ball.

A very modest game for Williams, did we not throw up some jump balls to him this week? He’s covered up warts in our offense, but he can’t cover them if we don’t throw the ball up his way.

The Cocks scored 3 against Ole Miss at home and almost lost to Old Dominion.

The last 3 games where we struggled so much, we all basically home games. We’re going into a very hostile environment next Saturday. Yikes! A win is a win, but we’ve got to adjust our expectations for this team, we are not very good.

Good - I only saw the first half and did not have to watch the debacle that was the 2nd half.

Bad - T the last 2 minutes of the half was attrocious. Mind numbing how you give up a 4th and 9 with a 36 yard TD with a busted coverage. Mind numbing how you have a personal foul on a touchback to push yourself inside the 10 then get a safety. Mind numbing how you throw a pick with 11 seconds to give them 3 more points. So basically go from 14-0 to 14-12 in 2 minutes lost the momentum, and SC has the ball to start the half.

Ugly - The difference in what some expected this year and what the team (and coaches for that matter) really is. Expecting the GOAT to be replaced and the team to not miss a beat was simply illogical. With that said even though I personally had tempered expectations, the last 10 quarters have been even below what I expected.

I have a theory this team going from CNS to CKD is similar to a kid being at home under their parents rules and then they go off to college. With their first independence they go and blow it out and do stupid things. The difference in CNS heavy handed approach to the CKD's easier going where he gives the players a lot more fliexibity and independance is just to far of a stretch for these kids, They never had that much freedom so they do not know how to handle it. Complete speculation but something is significantly missing.

There were many that said this defensive staff is actually an ugprade from CNS but based on what I am seeing it is far from it and way below. Some of this I am sure is the youth on D but is this really making as much of a difference as we are seeing?

CKD better have really think skin and confidence in himself. The most conerning thing for me is this feels like the team is digressing and picking up steam in that direction. Another blow may finish them off. They seem that fragile right now.

I didn’t get to watch any of our game, that would probably be my “Good”. And Burnip averaging 48 yards per punt.

But geez, how do we let the Cocks come into our house and out rush us and out pass us? CKD is supposed to be an offensive genius, we’re supposed to score more than 30, etc, etc. Milroe had 2 more turnovers, he’s in a bad spell lately. Took 4 more sacks including a safety? Don’t have a RB break 50 yards again? A reality check is, we’re not that good on either side of the ball.

A very modest game for Williams, did we not throw up some jump balls to him this week? He’s covered up warts in our offense, but he can’t cover them if we don’t throw the ball up his way.

The Cocks scored 3 against Ole Miss at home and almost lost to Old Dominion.

The last 3 games where we struggled so much, we all basically home games. We’re going into a very hostile environment next Saturday. Yikes! A win is a win, but we’ve got to adjust our expectations for this team, we are not very good.

IMO, the offense is better than they looked today... And early procedure penalty wiped off a big gainer and really killed their momentum, but I thought they were about to put some #'s up. They had the SC defense on their heels a bit. The bad news is, the defense might actually be worse than they appeared... LOL. My faith in that side of the ball right now is somewhere between non-existent and gone.

My faith in that side of the ball right now is somewhere between non-existent and gone.
Even though I was not watching the game, my game watching friend was updating me. I basically predicted eveything that was happening at the time by basically expecting the D to not get the job done. Predicted SC driving and scoreing. Did not predict the 2 paint failure and since I have not seen the game not sure that was or D our poor execution on SC. I predicted they would get the on side kick as well.

This team is getting predictable but in a bad way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom