| FTBL The Gators are screwed, and I'm lovin' it!

BamaGradinTN

Verified Member
With Oklahoma jumping Texas, the Gators may just be screwed out of the BCS title game. Oklahoma at #3 actually is closer to Texas at #2 than Florida is to Oklahoma. If Florida beats Bama, I do not believe the Gators will jump Texas or Oklahoma. Some in the media are already speculating about how interesting a Texas-Oklahoma rematch would be. And don't you think the national media would love to screw the SEC?

And here's how it all helps Bama. It will not be enough for Florida to beat Bama. Florida will have to win big. Oklahoma just scored 65 on the undefeated #2 team, and Texas beat them. Sometimes, when a team goes into a game thinking they have to win big, they forget that the first item of business is to win, period, and they end up not winning at all. The Gators may feel so much pressure at having to roll up the style points that, if they are locked in a tight game with Bama in the second half, they may see their BCS chances slipping away.

All Bama needs to do, however, is win. A 3 point win in OT vs. Florida is good enough.

If Florida beats us, they'll jump to #1 in both AP and Coaches. That will be enough to push them into the #2 spot of the BCS.

The winner of the SECCG will have a spot in the BCSNCG.

rammerjammer said:
weezyfbaby00 said:
FWIW, if Florida wins the SEC, no way they aren't in the title game.

I agree. They will have beat #1 and that should be enough to at least be #2 at that point.

Although all of us would agree that Florida should be in the title game if they beat Bama, it is certainly not a given that they will be. Texas is still ranked 5 spots ahead of Texas Tech, aren't they? You never know what the pollsters are going to do. And the computers are all over the place. Remember that the computers count for one-third of the ranking. One has Bama 4th behind Okla, Texas, and Texas Tech. Another one has us third begind Texas and TT...it even has Texas Tech ahead of Oklahoma. Tell me that makse any sense. Florida has a very poor computer score...the 6 computers have the Gators ranked 4th, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th, and 7th. The difference in computer score between Florida and Oklahoma is big.

Also remember that the AP poll means nothing.

The Gators will go into the game thinking that they have to pile up the points.

And I'm not really worried about Alabama Poly. Why? Because Saban is plenty worried about them, so I don't have to. That's what we're paying him 4 mil for. JPW has some scores to settle. No way we go into Saturday's game looking past them to Fla. Saban will do his job this week, and Bama will take care of business.

Maybe...maybe not. I would not at all guarantee that the USA today coaches would move Fla ahead of Okla. Maybe it depends on who the coaches are. And also, just because Fla might be ahead in 2 of 3 components doesn't mean that their average would be higher. Their computer ranking is so low that it might be enough to keep them out. Look at the rankings now. Florida is ahead of Texas in both the Harris and USA Today polls, but their computer ranking is so low that Texas's average is better...they are actually 2nd while Fla is 4th.

Argo said:
BamaGradinTN said:
Also remember that the AP poll means nothing.

You're right, I meant Coaches and Harris poll. If UF beats us, they'll jump to #1 in 2/3 of the BCS components.

Its like this for me. If Florida beats us, I will pull for them to win the BCS. But I also will be so disappointed that I really won't care that much. But still
Aubie-5.jpg

Auburn--TheThumb.jpg

warEagleshirt2.jpg

WHO GIVES A CRAP UNTIL WE BEAT AUBURN!

Whoever wins the SEC, is a lock for the BCS. Its that simple. You are #4, and beat the #1 on the last game before the BCS, you're going.

Don't get your hopes up of keeping UF out if they win.

BamaGradinTN said:
Maybe...maybe not. I would not at all guarantee that the USA today coaches would move Fla ahead of Okla. Maybe it depends on who the coaches are. And also, just because Fla might be ahead in 2 of 3 components doesn't mean that their average would be higher. Their computer ranking is so low that it might be enough to keep them out. Look at the rankings now. Florida is ahead of Texas in both the Harris and USA Today polls, but their computer ranking is so low that Texas's average is better...they are actually 2nd while Fla is 4th.

That's my point. Do you think beating the #1 team in the country is going to hurt their computer rankings? If they beat us, they will soar in the computer rankings. I'm not saying they'll be #1, but they'll at least get to number 2.

Again, the winner of the SECCG will play in the BCSNCG.

Argo said:
BamaGradinTN said:

That's my point. Do you think beating the #1 team in the country is going to hurt their computer rankings? If they beat us, they will soar in the computer rankings. I'm not saying they'll be #1, but they'll at least get to number 2.

Again, the winner of the SECCG will play in the BCSNCG.

You are right Argo...no ifs, ands or buts about it. The notion the rankings today means their screwed is just...well, I'll just say "out there" and leave it at that.

I don't see how there could be a Texas-OU rematch for the National Championship. By then, one of those teams could have two losses. No way a two-loss team vaults over an one-lose SEC Champ (Florida). However, the Gators ain't there, yet. I believe they still have to play . . . uh . . . who? . . . oh, yeah . . . Alabama.

Never mind. Forget everything I said above. Except for the Bama part.

My dream week for the Big 12:

Texas loses to Texas A&M
Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State
Texas Tech loses to Baylor. They have a 4 way tie for the Big 12 South. After Notre Dumb knocks off USC the BCS folks huddle and decide that Ohio State deserves another shot at the title game.

psychojoe said:
My dream week for the Big 12:

Texas loses to Texas A&M
Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State
Texas Tech loses to Baylor. They have a 4 way tie for the Big 12 South. After Notre Dumb knocks off USC the BCS folks huddle and decide that Ohio State deserves another shot at the title game.

:lol: Or Notre Dumb!

Back
Top Bottom