| FTBL SECG week...y'all wanna talk about Georgia?

If we can keep Bowers from having a big game I like our chances, if Bowers goes off we’re dead in the water
Here's the thing... let's not focus on Bowers... He can have big game, but we need to make sure we shut down the other receivers.. take away all of Georgia options. We can make them throw to Bowers on almost every play.... He's not 100 percent. He won't be running fast. We can make him tire out.

Here's the thing... let's not focus on Bowers... He can have big game, but we need to make sure we shut down the other receivers.. take away all of Georgia options. We can make them throw to Bowers on almost every play.... He's not 100 percent. He won't be running fast. We can make him tire out.
True. If we get on their QB’s ass we wont have to worry about it much

This is not a favorable mindset. Bowers single handily beat Auburn. You make the other, unproven players beat you, not the commodity. That's like saying don't guard Giannis or LeBron and focus on everyone else, then those two drop 50 on you.

Look no further than the Tech game. Did not have Bowers and struggled with those other receivers. Auburn game, they have Bowers and he was a one man wrecking crew that won the game.

He gets the ball out VERY quick. Sacked eight times lets you know two things; he's quicker than you think and pressure doesn't get to him due to his line and/or quick reads. Our guys haven't been consistent with pressure this year.
He get it out quick because WR was able to separate themselves from CB. Lock Receivers down and make him wait longer...

This is not a favorable mindset. Bowers single handily beat Auburn. You make the other, unproven players beat you, not the commodity. That's like saying don't guard Giannis or LeBron and focus on everyone else, then those two drop 50 on you.

Look no further than the Tech game. Did not have Bowers and struggled with those other receivers. Auburn game, they have Bowers and he was a one man wrecking crew that won the game.
whos the unproven players? Have you see the receiver's room stats this year? they spread the ball around.

Actually, Warriors did that to Lebron the year they played cavs... make Bron beat them...

That's fair though. I don't always go by the number. All I need to know is that we can affect him somehow, somewhat.

He gets the ball out VERY quick. Sacked eight times lets you know two things; he's quicker than you think and pressure doesn't get to him due to his line and/or quick reads. Our guys haven't been consistent with pressure this year.

Just to throw a wrench in the spokes...

The best scoring defense UGA has faced this season was one led by?

Making judgement based upon what UGA has done this season...when you are comparing defenses. You'll talk yourself in a circle.

These two teams match up well.

Making judgement based upon what UGA has done this season...when you are comparing defenses. You'll talk yourself in a circle.

Ole Golding was the best defense he faced this year. Just gotta use my handy spreadsheet ;).

I think my original point was lost, basically I was pointing out that the stats/numbers for Georgia and Bama for the season aren't an accurate picture or representation of how good/bad these teams are. We match-up very well with them, there are some issues with individual match-ups but I think we'll see a good game saturday and it will be close.

He get it out quick because WR was able to separate themselves from CB. Lock Receivers down and make him wait longer...

Because McConkey and Bowers are good. They can gain separation on anyone when given time. Georgia's line allows them to find those open spaces. Both are a lot like DaVonta and find those spaces. Simple to say "lock them down", but far tougher to actually do it.

whos the unproven players? Have you see the receiver's room stats this year? they spread the ball around.

The unproven players are the names that aren't blasted on the screen of your TV and Gameday each and every Saturday. Doubtful very many on this site could name guys outside of Bowers and McConkey. Bell and Lovett are solid options, but still unproven in big games. The guys that kept the game close with Georgia Tech though to answer your question.

Of course they match up well. That's why they're in this game together in the toughest conference in America. But let's be honest, our defensive line has not dominated at a consistent level and Georgia's offensive line has been really really good. of course anything is possible, but to say Georgia hasn't seen a challenge like ours and somehow makes us even, I don't buy that. We have the talent to kick their ass, no doubt but will it show? We had the talent to kick Texas' ass, but it didn't show and that's my concern.

I think my UGA buddy at work put it best and yes, he is worried as hell about this game because of these couple of facts:

1) UGA has had one hell of a time setting the edge on Defense. If you can run wide, you can run on UGA
2) Kirby's "kryptonite" hasn't changed one iota since leaving BAMA and that's QB's that can run (see the Barn's game with Auburn). And Milroe can damn sure run better than the Sparty transfer.

I think the common thread of most people's thoughts is how our DL handles the UGA OL. I know that's my concern.

Because McConkey and Bowers are good. They can gain separation on anyone when given time. Georgia's line allows them to find those open spaces. Both are a lot like DaVonta and find those spaces. Simple to say "lock them down", but far tougher to actually do it.
I'd say Bowers is definitely an issue. Mconkey isn't that good, he's good at finding dead zones in zone coverage but if we man-up and get physical with him, he wilts under the pressure. I'm honestly not scared of any of their receivers this year, they are a receiver by committee team which means they don't really have a stud, just a few good players. We can likely cover them well in the secondary, the issue as always will be Bowers. He will get his yards and he will be tough to cover. We just need to get licks on him when he tries to catch it and force the ball out.

I'd say Bowers is definitely an issue. Mconkey isn't that good, he's good at finding dead zones in zone coverage but if we man-up and get physical with him, he wilts under the pressure. I'm honestly not scared of any of their receivers this year, they are a receiver by committee team which means they don't really have a stud, just a few good players. We can likely cover them well in the secondary, the issue as always will be Bowers. He will get his yards and he will be tough to cover. We just need to get licks on him when he tries to catch it and force the ball out.

Could NOT disagree more. The kid has a great game when he is healthy and reminds me a lot of Welker. You are just throwing shit out there to see what sticks with observations like that.

Back
Top Bottom