| FTBL SECG week...y'all wanna talk about Georgia?

A (non) update on Bowers, McConkey and others.

Kirby Smart gives injury update on 4 Georgia starters
Eh.... won't make a difference.
My concern is Miller is a smaller back and McClellan is ideal for short yardage over Williams in my eyes. We'll be fine though like you said.
Williams is stronger back who get tough yards. If I remember Bama has used him in short yard situation and redzone several times and he has done solid job of doing it.

Eh.... won't make a difference.

Williams is stronger back who get tough yards. If I remember Bama has used him in short yard situation and redzone several times and he has done solid job of doing it.

He's had his ups and downs from what I have seen. Not a huge drop off by any means, but I also like McClellan in the passing game. In the end, like you said, we'll be fine.

I tell you who I have liked watch run the ball the couple of times I have seen it is Richard Young. He runs hard and is a bull.

By now, they should've improved..... we'll see this weekend. I'm trying to figure out who will be the x factor this weekend on Offense and defense. I have a good feeling about the game tomorrow... I can't figure it out
The biggest weakness of the Alabama offense is attacks on the edge.
The biggest weakness on the Georgia defense is the ability to attack on the edge. Look at their sack numbers.

There are a few areas where I don't see UGA being able to stop the Bama offense.

You pretty much made my argument. Campbell cannot run with him, so I'd rather have a guy that can run with him and potentially take that read away and force him to go elsewhere. He's a mismatch with anyone on the field, but I'm saying put speed and athleticism on him and have two of the three boxes checked and simply live with the size difference, rather than checking the size box and not having the speed or athleticism to stick with him. I may be wrong, Campbell may lock him down and have the game of his life against a guy I consider the best in the country. I hope whomever we have on him does a great job and gives our edge rushers a chance to pressure Beck, because McConkey and Bowers make it easy for him to get rid of the ball and find open spaces much like DaVonta did for us.
You know, I've been thinking about this conversation. And I'm not sure why I didn't think of it why'll we were discussing this.... but we're a pattern matching defense. I'm not sure why I worded it like he'd be matched up with him the entire game.

Back
Top Bottom