| FTBL SECG week...y'all wanna talk about Georgia?

I'd say Bowers is definitely an issue. Mconkey isn't that good, he's good at finding dead zones in zone coverage but if we man-up and get physical with him, he wilts under the pressure. I'm honestly not scared of any of their receivers this year, they are a receiver by committee team which means they don't really have a stud, just a few good players. We can likely cover them well in the secondary, the issue as always will be Bowers. He will get his yards and he will be tough to cover. We just need to get licks on him when he tries to catch it and force the ball out.

I agree with all of that, except McConkey. He's a lot like Hunter Renfroe. Not a lot to look at, but the guy gets open and produces. I think we smoke him if he tries anything in the 15-20 yard range, but anything fifteen and under he's an issue. Where are we most susceptible? Right over the middle 10-15 yards downfield.

Could NOT disagree more. The kid has a great game when he is healthy and reminds me a lot of Welker. You are just throwing shit out there to see what sticks with observations like that.
I'm not saying he's bad or anything, and the stats and observations don't really back-up that analysis that he's Welker, he might be like Renfrow who was better than his numbers suggested. That being said, he will likely be covered by Kool-aid or Arnold and as long as we don't sit in zone all night I like our chances to keep him bottled up.

Ole Golding was the best defense he faced this year. Just gotta use my handy spreadsheet ;).

I think my original point was lost, basically I was pointing out that the stats/numbers for Georgia and Bama for the season aren't an accurate picture or representation of how good/bad these teams are. We match-up very well with them, there are some issues with individual match-ups but I think we'll see a good game saturday and it will be close.
uGA is good enough to score against Bama and Bama is good enough to score on uGA....

This game will come down to Turnovers, mistakes/penalties. If both teams play clean, it'll come down to who has the ball last. I don't see uGA as a goliath nor do I see Bama as that. Although I will say that I believe Bama has a higher ceiling than uGA if both teams play as good as they can... I just haven't seem much of that type of execution on a consistent basis by Bama to think that they will do it for 60 minutes.

he's not out yet. McClellan could still try and play but either way.. we'll be okay. Jam MIller is better upgrade along with Williams. we won't miss a beat.
When Jam signed I pointed to him as having a great future in Tuscaloosa. However, saying "upgrade?" He would be starting if his contributions were an upgrade over Jase. Jam doesn't have the trust factor from the staff that Jase carries.

Back
Top Bottom