| GAME THREAD 🏈 SEC Championship 🏈 ~ Georgia vs Alabama : 4:00 ET on CBS

Really looking forward to the game... I could see it going either way, both teams are too stacked and too well coached for there to be too much variation in outcomes... As always, it'll come down to little things, which in games like this, turn into big things... turnovers, injuries, key penalties, etc. But, from where this Alabama team started, to where they are now, I've enjoyed the ride so much that I feel like we are in bonus time with house money. The transformation of this team, starting with Milroe, but including guys like the OL has made this season rather fulfilling already... an SEC Championship and a top 4 playoff slot would be extra helpings of buttercream icing.

I hope everyone enjoys the game, and for those worried about the playoffs... shelve that stuff for later and hope we have to fret it. First, let's watch Bama do what they do to UGA in Atlanta, and derail their asses. No guarantees from me, other than that this Bama team isn't going to bow down to anyone.

I hope everyone enjoys the game, and for those worried about the playoffs... shelve that stuff for later and hope we have to fret it. First, let's watch Bama do what they do to UGA in Atlanta, and derail their asses. No guarantees from me, other than that this Bama team isn't going to bow down to anyone.
This. Enjoy the game.

FWIW, from reports I've received from the staff? The "vibe" is a lot like it was going into the LSU game. A quote. "Saban has been all up in their asses this week."

I'm quite calm this morning...but, I don't tend to get anxious about a game any more.

This. Enjoy the game.

FWIW, from reports I've received from the staff? The "vibe" is a lot like it was going into the LSU game. A quote. "Saban has been all up in their asses this week."

I'm quite calm this morning...but, I don't tend to get anxious about a game any more.
Very well said!

I’m at work but I’ll check in when I can.
Y’all bring through!!!
ROLL TIDE!

And y’all remember that it’s just a game when all is said and done. A good friend of mine just passed away. He was around 70, in good shape really and the only thing they can figure out was his heart just stopped. Enjoy your family and be safe.

Roll Tide. I am anxiously calm like some others here. Just had to deal with a team full of Georgia fans at our football banquet. My wife decked out in Alabama jewelry and houndstooth, and me in Alabama attire. My son got loud with one kid who kept poking him about Georgia winning and I had to calm him down. He's ready! I'm looking forward to a fire and relaxing in the recliner for once. Hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

Whatever the outcome, I'm proud of the way this team has "responded to adversity" as CNS would say...also the way Milroe has come through in the clutch time and again since game 3.

On paper - Georgia should beat us. But as CNS also says "that's why we play the game".

We boomers have seen similar scenario when Miami was supposed to stomp us into the ground and Bama came out and played like furies and beat the Holy hell out of them. And most all of us remember when Bama ended Urban's short-lived "mini-dynasty" leaving their QB in a quivering pool of tears...

Point is - we've done it before. Here's to doing it one more time (cheers!) ... not that I expect it to happen. Heaven forbid I jinx us (knocks on wood, salt over shoulder, hail Mary, etc)

If we win, let's do it with class. If we lose, let's do that with class also. Let's all be nice and love one another win or lose.

Roll Tide, y'all

Back
Top Bottom