| BSB/SB SEC Championship: BAMA advances with win over UK-- MSU's up next

This years tourney will be loaded!!!! No less than 7 teams are ranked INSIDE the TOP 12!!!! #1 UF, #2 Texas A&M, #3 Miss State, #6 Ole Pi$$, #8 USCe, #11 LSwho, and #12 Vandy to go along with a Kentucky squad at 29-21 and BAMA at 27-21, UGA and the Barn are tied in conference at 8-16, and then Viles, Mizzou, and Arky close it out at 7-17. There will be some good baseball played in Hoover in a couple of weeks!!!

This team is getting a big break closing the season out with Auburn and Arkansas.

Going into today's game the Tide sit at 14-12 in conference play. Is it possible we see the first winning record in SEC play since Gaspard took over the program?

Even if this team gets an invitation to a regional it won't sell me on the future. Getting to the Super's will make me pause as I suspect it will Battle as well.

@TerryP, for me, it is Super Regionals or "bye bye Gaspard!" I'm still at a loss as to why we can be top notch at throwing the pill, but can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle on a consistent basis! That has been our M.O. for awhile!

@TerryP, for me, it is Super Regionals or "bye bye Gaspard!"

Is how I feel today going to be the same as how I'll feel IF they make the Super's?

Right now, I'm having a difficult time getting past the point this could be the first season he's had a winning SEC record. As I've stated, that's compounded by finding myself trying to figure out how the team gets into post-season play season after season.

Quite frankly, saying "if he get's to the Super's he gets another year" reminds me of DuBose and '99. We knew he wasn't a good coach in '97 and '98 but a good season led us to '00.

FWIW, 2-2, T7

Four run, ninth inning gives the Tide the sweep.

The announcers think this sweep, on the road, is enough to get them in the tournament.

Scrappy bunch. I've got to give them that H/T.

Going to the final week tied with Vandy for the 7 seed. Unless I missed something, the tie-breaker, at this point, goes all the way down to LSU. If so, Bama wins the tie by virtue of the series win over LSU. Vandy was 1-2 against LSU.

1. Two-Team Tie. The following procedure will be used in the following orderuntil the tie is broken:
A. Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
B. If two-teams are divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost percentage within their division (over the 18-game SECdivision schedule).
(2) Won-lost percentage of the two teams versus the No. 1 team in theirdivision (and proceeding through the No. 7 team, if necessary).
C. If two teams are not divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed using common opponents only (and proceeding through the No. 12 seed,if necessary).

(2) Coin flip by the Commissioner

15 wins in the conference has sort of been the "magic number" similar to basketball having to get to 20 in the past.
Agreed @TerryP, Gaspard manages to get to post season much like DuBose, we allow it to continue even though he isn't going to get us to Omaha.

Stopped by today and snapped a few pictures and it looks great

EE1V8334-X3.jpg

EE1V8350-X3.jpg

EE1V8340-X3.jpg

EE1V8357-X3.jpg

Ninth-seeded Alabama baseball advanced to the second round of the 2016 SEC Baseball Tournament with a 5-2 win over No. 8 seed Kentucky on Tuesday at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. The victory moves the Crimson Tide's overall record to 32-24 and guarantees UA at least two more games in the conference's postseason tournament.

From RollTide.com—Continue reading...

A loss to Kentucky and Bama is done! Gaspard should be done as well!
You know that ship was only held in bay by a thread a week ago. It's sailed in my eyes.

I can't tell you how badly that line "hopeful Bama..." just set me off yesterday. I know this team has been, and still is, playing against a stacked deck with a lot of the teams in the SEC. But, that's no excuse for Gaspard to be "hoping" for an inside straight: every freakin' year!

@TheChief Bringing back a subject from a few weeks ago ... mid-week losses. Here we're looking at a mid-week win—with Saturday's normally scheduled pitcher. I've made comparisons to LSU's program in the past. Here's another one. While Alabama started their weekend starter, LSU starts a guy for the first time in his career—one of six pitchers used in their win over UT.

Who has the depth advantage right now headed into the weekend? It ain't Bama. There's a few reasons why we find this team in this position: many of them correctable in the current situation.

Back
Top Bottom