| MBB/WBB 🏀 With OT win over Auburn, Alabama wins the 2022-2023 SEC Championship.

Team did not play well but they have so many different combinations eventually one is going to work I guess. D energy did pick up after they got 17 points down. These guys are frustrating for sure but the last 3 games they still found a way. A large part of the game they played poorly. They are going to have to get things turned back around and play entire games with high energy. We can at least say they are a resilient bunch.

I thought JQ was eventually going to need to win one for us and he certainly did tonight. Still feel Oats was outcoached but what do I know?

Quinerly was huge, and thank God for him. I don't really see Bama beating A&M on Saturday, and don't really care. Just hope some of the guys get back on track offensively in the postseason, especially for the NCAA's. Having the outright SEC regular season title is a much bigger deal to me than shared, so glad it is Bama's banner alone. Also great that the win puts auburn on the thinner side of the bubble... hopefully somehow the Vols can finish them off this weekend. Maybe best of all, wouldn't have bothered me to see that little shit stain KD Johnson get the win. Hated his ass since he was at UGA... he played a hell of a game, but glad he's bussing back down highway 82 tonight with a loss instead of that shit eating grin.

I don't really see Bama beating A&M on Saturday, and don't really care. Just hope some of the guys get back on track offensively in the postseason, especially for the NCAA's. Having the outright SEC regular season title is a much bigger deal to me than shared, so glad it is Bama's banner alone.
I could see Bama beating A&M Saturday. Honestly, depends on which version of the team shows up. If we limit TO, rebound well, and find open shots in transition we should beat pretty much anyone. Occasionally, like tonight, we struggle against teams who just play out of their minds. Auburn, until late in the game was shooting 80% from 3 and 56% from the floor. Well above their normal season averages. Once they came back down to earth, they lost their big lead and momentum. Even with that, they still finished 60% (Normal being 30%) from 3 and about their normal average from the floor.

I've said it all year, the recipe to beat us lies within us or a statistical anomaly of shooting %. Every game we've lost has been because we've committed 19+ turnovers and the opponent has outshot their average by a large margin. We don't lose if we're playing good, we lose if the other team is playing out of their minds or if we're playing bad.

This of course only holds up so far, I know eventually deep into the NCAA tournament we will face teams that can match-up better and just playing good won't cut it. We may need to play great.

Back
Top Bottom