| BSB/SB SEC Championship: BAMA advances with win over UK-- MSU's up next

EE1V8856-X3.jpg

You know that ship was only held in bay by a thread a week ago. It's sailed in my eyes.

I can't tell you how badly that line "hopeful Bama..." just set me off yesterday. I know this team has been, and still is, playing against a stacked deck with a lot of the teams in the SEC. But, that's no excuse for Gaspard to be "hoping" for an inside straight: every freakin' year!

@TheChief Bringing back a subject from a few weeks ago ... mid-week losses. Here we're looking at a mid-week win—with Saturday's normally scheduled pitcher. I've made comparisons to LSU's program in the past. Here's another one. While Alabama started their weekend starter, LSU starts a guy for the first time in his career—one of six pitchers used in their win over UT.

Who has the depth advantage right now headed into the weekend? It ain't Bama. There's a few reasons why we find this team in this position: many of them correctable in the current situation.

Good thoughts, Terry. You know, the team looked so much better last night. A quality start tends to make things look better, but they really did look good in lots of areas last night. Short stop play. Wow. Cucjen played like a different player. So much better. Approaches at the plate. And Haynie this last half-season at the plate (behind it as well) is a different animal. The time before he hit his homer, he fouled one pitch straight back. I told my wife I wouldn't be surprised if he hit one out. It didn't come that plate appearance, but he tied into that next one.

I stand by my comment that this team wouldn't go far this season, but they fight. They don't give up. I'm a homer and I like Gaspard personally from what I see as a fan, but I have my doubts about his ability to win in a big way. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Back
Top Bottom