| MBB/WBB Alabama Falls to Ole Miss, 57-55, Earns Sixth Seed in SEC Tournament

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

The Crimson Tide earned the No. 6 seed in next week’s SEC Tournament, will face the winner of Florida and Kentucky on Thursday

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama women's basketball team fell in a 57-55 heartbreaker to Ole Miss Sunday to conclude the regular season. The game saw five ties and a lead change in the final quarter but a pair of last second free throws gave the Rebels the win.

With the loss, the Crimson Tide earned the sixth seed for the Southeastern Conference Tournament and will face the winner of 11th-seed Florida and 14th-seed Kentucky.

Alabama (20-9, 9-7 SEC) was led by a 12-point performance from Aaliyah Nye. Brittany Davis had 11 points, six boards and three assists, while both Sarah Ashlee Barker and Jada Rice tallied eight rebounds in the game. Barker added eight points and a steal, while Rice recorded six points and two blocks in the loss.

Marquesha Davis led the Rebels (22-7, 11-5 SEC) with 26 points, five rebounds and two steals. Angel Baker had 10 points and four boards, while Madison Scott had 10 points, six boards and three steals in the win.

Next Up​

• Alabama advances to the SEC Tournament as the sixth seed
  • The Tide will face the winner between 11th-seed Florida and 14th-seed Kentucky on Thursday night
  • The game will begin 25 minutes following the conclusion of the previous game

I haven't followed women's basketball since I was in school, and had a few friends on the team. Was this about where we thought the season would go?

Not going to pretend to follow it all that closely myself, but based on recruiting and several years worth of Curry data points... on the bubble and barely in NCAA's, seems to be about the ceiling for the program now. I will watch them some, and they can actually shoot pretty well (at least games I've seen). But seems they usually just beat the teams they are supposed to and that's about it.

Not going to pretend to follow it all that closely myself, but based on recruiting and several years worth of Curry data points... on the bubble and barely in NCAA's, seems to be about the ceiling for the program now. I will watch them some, and they can actually shoot pretty well (at least games I've seen). But seems they usually just beat the teams they are supposed to and that's about it.
Thanks.

i have tried to keep up but gets frustrating trying to watch this team. You have a 10 year coach with all her starters back from last that have been in the program from 1 to 5 years and this is what you get. She is never going to compete with Dawn Staley at USC, Kim Mulkey at LSU, and Harper at Tennessee but last game lost to a 4th year Ole Miss coach and the game before, Florida, to a 2nd year coach. Bottom line CKC is not anywhere near a competitive SEC coach.

Back
Top Bottom