| NEWS Saban commenting on blocking the transfer of Kennedy. "It's not on me." (A few articles linked covering this topic from Media Days.)

TerryP

Staff
Going back to a conversation we had here in the last couple of weeks on Kennedy.

Several of you are on his side--if you've graduated you should be able to go anywhere. Several others (including me) were of the opinion "if you don't like the rule, change it."

It's interesting that Saban mentions how it would benefit some teams in the SEC and hurt others. He's of the opinion Alabama could have a lot of success with transfers if the rule was changed.

Now, let's imagine that for a second. The rule is changed which also translates to open recruitment of graduates. It's arguable Bama has the best recruiting staff in the nation...do other school staff's really want to have people dedicated to recruiting your graduates? With Bama track record recruiting?

Funny thing to me is while Saban sees how much Bama could benefit he's still against the changing of the rule.

(On another note: It's my opinion those wanting more parity in college football won't like this rule once it's in place because the talent levels of schools will separate themselves even further than it is today.)

Back
Top Bottom