| RECRUIT Recruiting News: The Alabama class of 2017

Anyone got an update on Najee's trip to Ann Arbor? Saw they had an update on 247 Sports, but I'm not a paying member.

Also, anyone see that sissy Jabril Peppers say he didn't come down South to college because he couldn't handle the heat? Great player, but that is such a weak disposition.

Any relations to Lane Bearden?
    • Position WR
    • Height 6-1
  • Weight 201
  • Class Sophomore
  • Hometown Bessemer, Ala.
  • High School Bessemer Academy
    NOT SURE here is picture from Facebook with his parents. Seems Lane would have graduated in 2000-02 time line and Parker graduated HS in the last 2 years... not sure the maths work out BUT, I really dont know He started at USA then transferred to Bama
    12289641_758154470983412_5967093086309259566_n.jpg

• Position WR
    • Height 6-1
  • Weight 201
  • Class Sophomore
  • Hometown Bessemer, Ala.
  • High School Bessemer Academy
    NOT SURE here is picture from Facebook with his parents. Seems Lane would have graduated in 2000-02 time line and Parker graduated HS in the last 2 years... not sure the maths work out BUT, I really dont know He started at USA then transferred to Bama
    12289641_758154470983412_5967093086309259566_n.jpg
Thanks, thought they may be cousins. Lane played high school at Pelham with Tyler Watts.

The latest on Najee

Weather delays in Detroit on Sunday prevented Alabama from having an in-home visit with Najee Harris on Sunday evening. Alabama still feels good about Najee. I've seen some Michigan reports saying it's close to 50-50. Nobody in Tuscaloosa believes that is the case. You never really know what is going through a recruit's mind.

Najee was in town for the Iron Bowl. He was in Ann Arbor for a non-game weekend. He only cares about football. Has never been interested in the recruiting side of things. I expect Najee to stick. It will surprise me if he goes elsewhere.

Leatherwood flirting?

It's innocent. The five-star Crimson Tide commitment has enjoyed taking official visits including stops last week to Auburn and Florida. Leatherwood has told me for several months he is only taking official visits to enjoy the recruiting process. Alabama does not have much concern about a possible flip from Leatherwood. He has been one of the Tide's best recruiters. Coach Brent Key had an in-home visit with him on Sunday night.

Concern with Jeudy?

There are some reports of five-star wide receiver Jerry Jeudy considering a flip to Miami. Yes, Jeudy took an official visit to Miami this weekend. Yes, Calvin Ridley and Amari Cooper did the same. Yes, the same reports came out both were strongly considering flips to Miami. I expect the same thing to happen with Jeudy- he'll sign with Alabama.

I know there are some reports of his sister recently dying could change his mind to stay home. I don't think it will. Alabama assistant coaches Mario Cristobal and Billy Napier had an in-home visit with Jeudy on Sunday evening after his official visit. Alabama remains confident he will stick with his commitment.

Buggs to decide on Wednesday

Isaiah Buggs, five-star defensive tackle from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, will announce a decision on Wednesday. Crazy how quickly things can change. The Dunbar in-home visit with his family two weeks ago (without Buggs in attendance) could have really turned things in the right direction for the Crimson Tide.

All the momentum seemed to shift last week, and the official visit couldn't have been any better. There is always the possibility of something changing between now and Wednesday. Alabama seems in good position as of today. His mom lives in Louisiana, but she is not pressuring him to stay close to home. He is making his own decision.

Kaindoh a legit possibility?

Josh Kaindoh, five-star defensive end from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, will announce his decision at the UA All-America game. The former Maryland commitment was in Tuscaloosa on official visit this past weekend. Kaindoh seems to have a lot of interest in Alabama. Coach Tosh Lupoi has done a very good recruiting him. Many believe Kaindoh will announce for FSU. Alabama believes its in the race. Not ready to make a final prediction just yet, but probably leaning toward FSU.

So who is Chauncey Rivers?

Chauncey Rivers is a former Rivals100 defensive lineman who signed with Georgia in 2015. Rivers was dismissed from the Georgia program after three marijuana arrests in six months. He enrolled at East Mississippi in Scooba. Rivers made at least one visit to Alabama this fall.

Up until the last few weeks there was some growing concern about the defensive line numbers in the 2017 class. I know, shocking! Alabama started exploring all avenues. JuCo ranks (outside of guys they were previously recruiting) and potential graduate transfers. I think a grad-transfer remains in-play, but we won't know any names until later.

Rivers took an official visit to Alabama this past weekend. I know some are saying he is a take. That decision has yet to be reached, and some on the staff are against it. Rivers is considered a 'back-up' plan at this time. Bama is waiting to see what Buggs decides to do with signs pointing in the Crimson Tide direction.

DL numbers are critical. Buggs, Javon Kinlaw, Aubrey Solomon, LaBryan Ray, Phildarian Mathis are all priority targets.

A late addition to the official visitor group

Markeviest Bryant, three-star defensive end from Crisp County High School in Cordele, Georgia, took an official visit to Alabama this past weekend. Bryant has been one of those names mentioned for several months. He's been in Tuscaloosa a lot since the start of his recruitment. Alabama likes him a lot. They believe he is good enough to be in this class, and right there with some other guys who are committed. At the same time the numbers are just not in his favor to have a spot in this class. I've heard the staff may have pushed for him if Moses decide to flip.

A few additional notes

-Alabama is in very good shape for Jarez Parks....

- Alabama is making a very strong push for Isaiah Wilson, five-star offensive tackle form Poly Prep HS in Brooklyn, New York. He has moved way up on the priority target board. Wilson will announce on Friday. Very close....Bama/Michigan

-The staff is still looking to add at least one more safety and cornerback. Deangelo Gibbs loves Alabama, but in-state pressure may be too much. Xavier McKInney remains in play. Bama/Clemson battle.

-Bama still feels very good about it's current position with Henry Ruggs.

-Major impact in recruiting with Kiffin leaving? No

Enjoy!

1 Andrew Bone,
Recruiting - BONE: Monday morning notes... | TideSports.com
Last edited: Today at 3:20 PM

I dont understand your concern? #1 Barnett is soft and I would have absolutely LOVED to face him and #2 it pretty clearly says in that article Barnett wants to go back out west.

It's not about one player who ain't going to FAU. Had Kiffin been able to climb a taller tree, he would be exhausting our talent in the coaching ranks and the excess in our player's pool. You know, in a Mel Tucker, Mo Smith, Scott Cochran kind of way.

I think this may be a temporary thing as he stated his reason is that LSU doesn't have a staff in place. I think if LSU gets a staff in place they can make a late run and flip this kid. I hope he stays but his reasoning scares me.

What staff? Offensive coordinator and special teams coach? Doubt he would say a word to Canada in his career there. Aranda the DC is there and well paid for the next 3 years. His DL coach is now the HC, so he should be around, for a while.

More probable is the answer that LA has decided to vote Crimson in football.
Crimson_Louisiana.0.jpeg

Last edited:
The commitment

Isaiah Buggs, five-star defensive tackle from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, revealed his intentions to sign with Alabama on Tuesday. I've said for about a week now the momentum was shifting in the Tide's direction, and predicted Buggs to sign with Alabama on Monday.

This is a truly amazing accomplishment for the Crimson Tide coaching staff in landing the top JuCo DL in the country. At a position of major need. I've seen reporters from different sides say Alabama didn't even start recruiting Buggs until a month ago. Sometimes I don't understand where people get their information from these days. Most everyone on this board, and those who cover Alabama recruiting, have known Buggs has been a top target for Alabama almost the entire year.

Alabama heavily recruited him several months ago led by the efforts of former DL coach Bo Davis. Alabama actually expected to receive an early commitment from him back in the spring with Buggs heavily favoring the Tude. Alabama continued to heavily pursue Buggs after the departure of Davis, but knew it was on the outside looking in with having to put a new DL coach in place and re-establishing a relationship. Other programs such as LSU and Auburn were able to capitalize during the transition, and gain an edge in his recruitment.

You never can count out who I consider the best recruiter in the country, Nick Saban and his coaching staff. The Tide's performance on the field, Jonathan Allen's countless awards, and the unbelievable job the coaching staff did in recruiting Buggs and his family throughout the year helped land the elite prospect. No, everyone else, Alabama didn't just start recruiting him. It's called a year long recruitment without ever giving up on a prospect.

The player

"Massive kid who could play outside or inside and has rare athleticism for his size," said Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell. "Arrives with a thump, runs plays down like a smaller end and has excellent technique. His inside pass rush move is awesome and blows up so many plays."

The numbers

Well, you can stop worrying (as much) about the defensive line class. Alabama just picked up a massive one on the defensive line. This is a tremendous get for the Crimson Tide, and he will arrive in January ready to go to work. Buggs gives Alabama two commitments on the defensive front to go along with Akial Byers, four-star defensive tackle (who I expect to play DE) from Fayetteville High School in Arkansas.

Buggs is a great addition, but Alabama is still seeking more numbers in the class. Can they get another five-star in Aubrey Solomon, defensive tackle from Lee County High School in Leesburg, Georgia? He remains a top priority. It's a very close, intense battle for Solomon at this time. Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and Michigan are all in the race. I expect his decision to come down to Alabama and Georgia. He won't announce until closer to signing day.

Javon Kinlaw, junior college defensive tackle from Jones County Community College in Ellisville, is not enrolling in January. The former South Carolina commitment is still heavily targeted by Alabama. It will come down to Bama and South Carolina IMO.

I still expect LaBryan Ray, Rivals100 defense end from James Clemens High School in Madison, Alabama, in this class.

Josh Kaindoh, five-star defensive end from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, remains in play. He is expected to announce at the Under Armour All-America game. FSU still looks in good shape here, but Bama has closed the gap.

Alabama has felt pretty good about Phildarian Mathis, three-star defensive tackle from Neville High School in Monroe, Louisiana, for a while. I've heard some possible grade issues. Elijah Conliffe, four-star defensive tackle from Hampton High School in Virginia, is still recruited by Alabama. Just behind a few other guys right now.

No, Marvin Wilson and Tyler Shelvin will not sign with Alabama. Some have asked if Isaiah Wilson is considered by Alabama as an OL and DL. Answer- No.

I don't expect Chauncey Rivers, junior college defensive tackle from East Mississippi in Scooba, to join the class, unless Alabama just completely whiffs on all these other targets.

Alabama wil sign a great defensive line class. Just trust in Nick Saban. This is a very important position for the coaching staff, and they won't get to signing day with disappointment at the position in my opinion.

1 Andrew Bone, Today at 12:50 PM Recruiting - What it means: Isaiah Buggs | TideSports.com

Current situation on each remaining target:

Please understand these situations are extremely fluid. One day a prospect is a top priority, the next it's someone else. That's really how it is when the numbers are extremely tight. Each assistant coach is fighting for the player he has recruited for months to join the class. I've heard so many different things in the last week it's been sort of crazy. Below is what I know (or at least feel like I know based on all the conversations in the last 24 hours).

Offense

Najee Harris, five-star running back from Antioch High School in California (Alabama commitment)
Current forecast
: Alabama expects to sign Nagee. Michigan believes it has a chance to flip him. I don't believe Harris has given a final indication to either staff. I think he's ready for it end. I know Alabama believes he will stick with his commitment. You just never feel completely good about it until it's official though. That's Alabama's mind set. He will most likely sign with Alabama IMO, but to think Michigan wasn't considered throughout this process is crazy.

Cam Akers, five-star running back from Clinton High School in Mississippi
Current forecast:
The former Alabama commitment will not sign with the Tide. He is announcing at U.S. Army All-American game, and enrolling at his school of choice in January.

Alex Leatherwood, five-star offensive tackle from Washington High School in Pensacola, Florida (Alabama commitment)
Current forecast:
Leatherwood has enjoyed his official visits. Nothing to worry about with him. He will sign with Alabama.

Henry Ruggs, four-star wide receiver from Lee High School in Montgomery, Alabama
Current forecast:
The belief remains strong on Ruggs signing with Alabama. There is conflicting info out there on the timing of his announcement. Some believe it will happen soon. Ruggs said last week he won't announce until after official visits. Alabama wants him in the class. They want to see him pop sooner than later.

DeVonta Smith, Rivals100 wide receiver from Amite High School in Louisiana
Current forecast:
I don't think Bama is completely out of the race for Smith just yet. There could be a situation where Bama still takes two receivers. I know the numbers are tight. Coach Napier and Coach Burns watched him play in the state championship on Saturday. He's still a wanted target in this class. LSU still does not have an OC. Time will tell, but he's still in-play.

Nico Collins, Rivals100 wide receiver from Clay-Chalkville High School in Alabama
Current forecast:
Alabama has continued recruiting Collins. UA considers him one of the top three wide receiver targets remaining on the board. Alabama and Michigan are in the lead. I don't think he signs with Bama at this time. I think once Ruggs or Smith jump on board it will completely eliminate a spot for Collins.

Isaiah Wilson, five-star offensive tackle from Poly Prep in Brooklyn, New York
Current forecast:
Some (Alabama staff) still consider him a top priority. I don't believe there is room at the inn based on new info. Situation where some are still fighting to get him on board, when there is simply no room. Likely Michigan, but will not completely rule out UGA. He's not going to Bama.

Defensive Targets

Aubrey Solomon, five-star defensive tackle from Lee County High School in Leesburg, Georgia
Current forecast:
Solomon won't announce a decision until closer to signing day. Alabama is definitely in major contention and could add him to this class. He has taken an official visit to Alabama, and Nick Saban will use his in-home visit in January. Bama coaches saw him three times prior to the dead period. Auburn and Georgia also remain in strong contention.

LaBryan Ray, Rivals100 defensive end from James Clemens High School in Madison, Alabama
Current forecast:
Ray is highly coveted by the Alabama coaching staff. Will he decide to wait until closer to signing day potentially cost him a spot? I don't believe so. Bama wants him, and he's the top in-state target. There are other DL targets out there Alabama hopes to sign, but Ray remains a top priority. I expect him in Alabama's class.

Phildarian Mathis, three-star defensive tackle from Neville High School in Monroe, Louisiana
Current forecast:
I've said for a long time Mathis is highly coveted by the Crimson Tide coaching staff. It definitely remains the same. Alabama hopes to get Mathis on board. I've heard there may be some grade concerns, but something he can overcome. This is still a Bama/LSU battle. Can Bama win again in Louisiana? We'll know closer to signing day if he decides to wait that long.

Josh Kaindoh, five-star defensive end from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida
Current forecast:
Kaindoh had a very good official visit to Alabama this past weekend. He will announce a decision at the Under Armour All-America game. The former Maryland commitment has been rumored to favor FSU for a few weeks. I think Alabama is in it, but I think he ultimately signs with the Seminoles.

Chauncey Rivers, junior college defensive tackle from East Mississippi in Scooba
Current forecast:
Rivers may have been a take if he wasn't a mid-year guy. It would have given Alabama a little bit longer to know about other DL prospects. Bama can't take Rivers right now with all the guys still out there higher on the board. They would have taken his commitment if Buggs would have gone elsewhere.

Javon Kinlaw, junior college defensive tackle from Jones County in Ellisville
Current forecast:
Kinlaw is different from Rivers bc of his situation. He won't enroll until the spring. Alabama is very high on Kinlaw whereas Rivers was more a numbers situation. They need bodies. Kinlaw will visit Alabama in January. I expect his decision to come down to Alabama and South Carolina. He is a South Carolina native. He is definitely a top priority for the Gamecocks.

Elijah Conliffe, four-star defensive tackle from Hampton High School in Virginia
Current forecast
: Conliffe impressed at Alabama's summer camp in July and earned an offer. He visited a few months ago. However, the numbers are not in his favor right now. Expect him to sign elsewhere.

Jarez Parks, Rivals100 defensive end from Sebastian River High School in Florida
Current forecast:
All signs point to Alabama.

Deangelo Gibbs, four-star safety from Grayson High School in Loganville, Georgia
Current forecast:
I'm not sure where some get their ideas of knowing for sure where Gibbs is going. Maybe they have good connections. I'm all for any predictions. I can't give a good prediction on him just yet. He says his top five is in no order- Bama, UGA, Tennessee, Auburn and Florida. It will come down to Bama and UGA. UGA side remains very confident. I think Alabama has definitely made a strong push, and made up a lot of ground. He will announce on January 17. Alabama will have at least one more visit prior to the announcement.

JaCoby Stevens, five-star safety from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Current forecast:
Nothing has really changed on Stevens. It remains a long shot for him to flip his commitment from LSU especially with him enrolling early. LSU sources believe DB coach Corey Raymond stays with the Tigers which will seal the deal for Stevens. Alabama definitely put up a good battle.

Xavier McKinney, Rivals100 safety from Roswell High School in Georgia
Current forecast:
Bama is still hoping to lure McKinney back to the class. Clemson has been considered the favorite since his decommitment from Alabama. Sources on both sides believe it's very close between the Tide and Tigers.

Todd Harris, four-star safety from Plaquemines High School in Louisiana
Current forecast:
Bama is still recruiting Harris. Coach Ansley met with him last week. He's a guy the staff appears to really like, but is a little behind Gibbs, McKinney and Stevens. I think they will wait to see what happens with those three before making a strong push. They could have pushed for a commitment if Daniel Wright decided to stick with FSU.

Jhavonte Dean, four-star cornerback from Blinn College in Brenham, Texas
Current forecast:
I've been expecting a possible decommitment from Dean for a while. There were other cornerback targets out there like Shaun Wade and Stanford Samuels. Dean visited Arizona State last weekend, and he will visit Miami in January. They need a few cornerbacks in the class. Miami visit is big though. He is from the area, and they will push hard to flip him.

C.J. Henderson, four-star cornerback from Columbus High School in Miami, Florida.
Current forecast:
Henderson is a new name who recently popped up for Alabama. UA has recruited him for a while, but has recently expressed increased interest. Alabama visited with him twice before the dead period. He visited Miami this past weekend. He will visit Alabama and Florida in January. Those are considered his top three. Henderson has a little bit of an academic hurdle. Alabama will continue to monitor, and see if there is anything he can possibly do to help qualify.

*Keep in mind new names can pop up in the next month. Joshua Jacobs and Aaron Robinson were not discussed (in Alabama circle) prior to last January. Alabama will see if any other potential players out there especially in the defensive backfield. A new name might emerge on the defensive line if UA believes it will miss on some guys.

This is all I really have for you all right now.

1 Andrew Bone, 47 minutes ago
Last edited: 27 minutes agohttps://alabama.forums.rivals.com/threads/bone-current-situation-on-each-remaining-target.68656/

Current situation on each remaining target:

Please understand these situations are extremely fluid. One day a prospect is a top priority, the next it's someone else. That's really how it is when the numbers are extremely tight. Each assistant coach is fighting for the player he has recruited for months to join the class. I've heard so many different things in the last week it's been sort of crazy. Below is what I know (or at least feel like I know based on all the conversations in the last 24 hours).

Offense

Najee Harris, five-star running back from Antioch High School in California (Alabama commitment)
Current forecast
: Alabama expects to sign Nagee. Michigan believes it has a chance to flip him. I don't believe Harris has given a final indication to either staff. I think he's ready for it end. I know Alabama believes he will stick with his commitment. You just never feel completely good about it until it's official though. That's Alabama's mind set. He will most likely sign with Alabama IMO, but to think Michigan wasn't considered throughout this process is crazy.

Cam Akers, five-star running back from Clinton High School in Mississippi
Current forecast:
The former Alabama commitment will not sign with the Tide. He is announcing at U.S. Army All-American game, and enrolling at his school of choice in January.

Alex Leatherwood, five-star offensive tackle from Washington High School in Pensacola, Florida (Alabama commitment)
Current forecast:
Leatherwood has enjoyed his official visits. Nothing to worry about with him. He will sign with Alabama.

Henry Ruggs, four-star wide receiver from Lee High School in Montgomery, Alabama
Current forecast:
The belief remains strong on Ruggs signing with Alabama. There is conflicting info out there on the timing of his announcement. Some believe it will happen soon. Ruggs said last week he won't announce until after official visits. Alabama wants him in the class. They want to see him pop sooner than later.

DeVonta Smith, Rivals100 wide receiver from Amite High School in Louisiana
Current forecast:
I don't think Bama is completely out of the race for Smith just yet. There could be a situation where Bama still takes two receivers. I know the numbers are tight. Coach Napier and Coach Burns watched him play in the state championship on Saturday. He's still a wanted target in this class. LSU still does not have an OC. Time will tell, but he's still in-play.

Nico Collins, Rivals100 wide receiver from Clay-Chalkville High School in Alabama
Current forecast:
Alabama has continued recruiting Collins. UA considers him one of the top three wide receiver targets remaining on the board. Alabama and Michigan are in the lead. I don't think he signs with Bama at this time. I think once Ruggs or Smith jump on board it will completely eliminate a spot for Collins.

Isaiah Wilson, five-star offensive tackle from Poly Prep in Brooklyn, New York
Current forecast:
Some (Alabama staff) still consider him a top priority. I don't believe there is room at the inn based on new info. Situation where some are still fighting to get him on board, when there is simply no room. Likely Michigan, but will not completely rule out UGA. He's not going to Bama.

Defensive Targets

Aubrey Solomon, five-star defensive tackle from Lee County High School in Leesburg, Georgia
Current forecast:
Solomon won't announce a decision until closer to signing day. Alabama is definitely in major contention and could add him to this class. He has taken an official visit to Alabama, and Nick Saban will use his in-home visit in January. Bama coaches saw him three times prior to the dead period. Auburn and Georgia also remain in strong contention.

LaBryan Ray, Rivals100 defensive end from James Clemens High School in Madison, Alabama
Current forecast:
Ray is highly coveted by the Alabama coaching staff. Will he decide to wait until closer to signing day potentially cost him a spot? I don't believe so. Bama wants him, and he's the top in-state target. There are other DL targets out there Alabama hopes to sign, but Ray remains a top priority. I expect him in Alabama's class.

Phildarian Mathis, three-star defensive tackle from Neville High School in Monroe, Louisiana
Current forecast:
I've said for a long time Mathis is highly coveted by the Crimson Tide coaching staff. It definitely remains the same. Alabama hopes to get Mathis on board. I've heard there may be some grade concerns, but something he can overcome. This is still a Bama/LSU battle. Can Bama win again in Louisiana? We'll know closer to signing day if he decides to wait that long.

Josh Kaindoh, five-star defensive end from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida
Current forecast:
Kaindoh had a very good official visit to Alabama this past weekend. He will announce a decision at the Under Armour All-America game. The former Maryland commitment has been rumored to favor FSU for a few weeks. I think Alabama is in it, but I think he ultimately signs with the Seminoles.

Chauncey Rivers, junior college defensive tackle from East Mississippi in Scooba
Current forecast:
Rivers may have been a take if he wasn't a mid-year guy. It would have given Alabama a little bit longer to know about other DL prospects. Bama can't take Rivers right now with all the guys still out there higher on the board. They would have taken his commitment if Buggs would have gone elsewhere.

Javon Kinlaw, junior college defensive tackle from Jones County in Ellisville
Current forecast:
Kinlaw is different from Rivers bc of his situation. He won't enroll until the spring. Alabama is very high on Kinlaw whereas Rivers was more a numbers situation. They need bodies. Kinlaw will visit Alabama in January. I expect his decision to come down to Alabama and South Carolina. He is a South Carolina native. He is definitely a top priority for the Gamecocks.

Elijah Conliffe, four-star defensive tackle from Hampton High School in Virginia
Current forecast
: Conliffe impressed at Alabama's summer camp in July and earned an offer. He visited a few months ago. However, the numbers are not in his favor right now. Expect him to sign elsewhere.

Jarez Parks, Rivals100 defensive end from Sebastian River High School in Florida
Current forecast:
All signs point to Alabama.

Deangelo Gibbs, four-star safety from Grayson High School in Loganville, Georgia
Current forecast:
I'm not sure where some get their ideas of knowing for sure where Gibbs is going. Maybe they have good connections. I'm all for any predictions. I can't give a good prediction on him just yet. He says his top five is in no order- Bama, UGA, Tennessee, Auburn and Florida. It will come down to Bama and UGA. UGA side remains very confident. I think Alabama has definitely made a strong push, and made up a lot of ground. He will announce on January 17. Alabama will have at least one more visit prior to the announcement.

JaCoby Stevens, five-star safety from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Current forecast:
Nothing has really changed on Stevens. It remains a long shot for him to flip his commitment from LSU especially with him enrolling early. LSU sources believe DB coach Corey Raymond stays with the Tigers which will seal the deal for Stevens. Alabama definitely put up a good battle.

Xavier McKinney, Rivals100 safety from Roswell High School in Georgia
Current forecast:
Bama is still hoping to lure McKinney back to the class. Clemson has been considered the favorite since his decommitment from Alabama. Sources on both sides believe it's very close between the Tide and Tigers.

Todd Harris, four-star safety from Plaquemines High School in Louisiana
Current forecast:
Bama is still recruiting Harris. Coach Ansley met with him last week. He's a guy the staff appears to really like, but is a little behind Gibbs, McKinney and Stevens. I think they will wait to see what happens with those three before making a strong push. They could have pushed for a commitment if Daniel Wright decided to stick with FSU.

Jhavonte Dean, four-star cornerback from Blinn College in Brenham, Texas
Current forecast:
I've been expecting a possible decommitment from Dean for a while. There were other cornerback targets out there like Shaun Wade and Stanford Samuels. Dean visited Arizona State last weekend, and he will visit Miami in January. They need a few cornerbacks in the class. Miami visit is big though. He is from the area, and they will push hard to flip him.

C.J. Henderson, four-star cornerback from Columbus High School in Miami, Florida.
Current forecast:
Henderson is a new name who recently popped up for Alabama. UA has recruited him for a while, but has recently expressed increased interest. Alabama visited with him twice before the dead period. He visited Miami this past weekend. He will visit Alabama and Florida in January. Those are considered his top three. Henderson has a little bit of an academic hurdle. Alabama will continue to monitor, and see if there is anything he can possibly do to help qualify.

*Keep in mind new names can pop up in the next month. Joshua Jacobs and Aaron Robinson were not discussed (in Alabama circle) prior to last January. Alabama will see if any other potential players out there especially in the defensive backfield. A new name might emerge on the defensive line if UA believes it will miss on some guys.

This is all I really have for you all right now.

1 Andrew Bone, 47 minutes ago
Last edited: 27 minutes agohttps://alabama.forums.rivals.com/threads/bone-current-situation-on-each-remaining-target.68656/

"I'll take Harris sticking, Ruggs, Aubrey Solomon, DaVonta Smith, Jason Kinlaw, Jarez Parks, LaBryan Ray, DeAngelo Gibbs, and Todd Harris for the 2019 National Championship, Alex."

Back
Top Bottom