| RECRUIT Recruiting News: The Alabama class of 2017

Once again AL16, you da man. Awesome updates right there.

My first time seeing Jarez Parks and he's impressive. While he's likely not big enough to play DE next season, hes got loads of potential and athleticism.

Just looked up the Buggs film too. Wow. I guess we know who the other DE will be alongside Payne and Hand. Not sure there could be a better fit for our D. Jon Allen type of potential... If he's half as good we're in business.

Can't wait to see which DL's end up in the class. The LB's are deep and versatile. And I may get roasted for this, but I'm not a huge believer in Moses... Don't see the instincts and explosiveness I've seen with other 5 star LB's we've signed. Granted I don't know sh*t so TIFWIW.

RTR

Once again AL16, you da man. Awesome updates right there.

My first time seeing Jarez Parks and he's impressive. While he's likely not big enough to play DE next season, hes got loads of potential and athleticism.

Just looked up the Buggs film too. Wow. I guess we know who the other DE will be alongside Payne and Hand. Not sure there could be a better fit for our D. Jon Allen type of potential... If he's half as good we're in business.

Can't wait to see which DL's end up in the class. The LB's are deep and versatile. And I may get roasted for this, but I'm not a huge believer in Moses... Don't see the instincts and explosiveness I've seen with other 5 star LB's we've signed. Granted I don't know sh*t so TIFWIW.

RTR

Your analysis of Moses would be correct, BUT, let's not forget this is his first season solely focused on the linebacker position. He was annoited the Lebron James of football as an eighth grader, where he excelled at running back. He was the #1 recruit in the country as a sophomore and junior. Moses then transferef to IMG where he wanted to focus on the linebacker position. When he went through the camp circuit he went both ways as he was atomate about playing linebacker, which caused him to fall a few spots where Najee and Marvin Wilson overtook him, yet he still remained the #1 athlete. He lost his 5th star when they finally ranked him as a backer instead of athlete simply due to lack of instinct, but they prefaces it by stating he has everything you need to be a superstar, and that he would rival Najee as a running back. So while you are correct in your analysis, take it with a grain as he is just scraping the surface of a new position, yet has the talent to rival Najee at another position. Sorry for the long winded response, just wanted you to get pumped about who we ripoed right out of LSU's back yard.

Your analysis of Moses would be correct, BUT, let's not forget this is his first season solely focused on the linebacker position. He was annoited the Lebron James of football as an eighth grader, where he excelled at running back. He was the #1 recruit in the country as a sophomore and junior. Moses then transferef to IMG where he wanted to focus on the linebacker position. When he went through the camp circuit he went both ways as he was atomate about playing linebacker, which caused him to fall a few spots where Najee and Marvin Wilson overtook him, yet he still remained the #1 athlete. He lost his 5th star when they finally ranked him as a backer instead of athlete simply due to lack of instinct, but they prefaces it by stating he has everything you need to be a superstar, and that he would rival Najee as a running back. So while you are correct in your analysis, take it with a grain as he is just scraping the surface of a new position, yet has the talent to rival Najee at another position. Sorry for the long winded response, just wanted you to get pumped about who we ripoed right out of LSU's back yard.

And if he doesn't pan out at LB we can move him to the high hurdles.

First I heard of such limitations. I know he just won the high school Butkus award as best LB in the nation. I saw him go against Najee Harris in camp drills and he looked quick as a hiccup. We shall see I guess.

Fair enough. I've just seen a lot better LB's ranked behind him at this point... If his name was John Smith and wasn't the 8th grade phenom RB getting SEC offers, I think that would be the case.

Still a great enough athlete to be a good player for us, but my expectations are that it will take a while.

Fair enough. I've just seen a lot better LB's ranked behind him at this point... If his name was John Smith and wasn't the 8th grade phenom RB getting SEC offers, I think that would be the case.

Still a great enough athlete to be a good player for us, but my expectations are that it will take a while.

Maybe so, but these recruiting sites are getting better and better at what they do. 247Sports never dropped him like Rivals did, so obviously there are varying opinions. I wasn't knocking your opinion, but actually agreeing somewhat and giving some extra information to show he hasn't primarily played the position his entire life like the other recruits you speak of.

Good read on Baker. I watched the first minute of his highlight video and he plays with a nasty streak! He sets up high, but has great flexibility and footwork!

Back
Top Bottom