| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

@BamaFan334 if they need him, he'll be used in the packages they have developed for him and have been working on throughout this season. When he's in the game defenses are adjusting to what he brings. So far this season he hasn't shown himself to be a passing threat so they'll key on it being a run. There's not a lot of surprise there.

In a sense, at this point he's just like OJ Howard. When he's in you know what he's going to do.

We'd be fortunate to see he's developed enough over the course of the season to prove as a passing threat. It would be a nice change of pace facing any team Bama will play. I don't know that the staff has that much confidence in him to go that route.
Plus it is still the same OL blocking for him. To me some of what is being proposed are gimmicks because we think we have to do something significantly different. Sometimes it just comes down to block better, play with better technique and power (which is what Saban basically said in his press conference that you referenced in one of your posts).

We are who we are we just to do it better and we have on offense except 2 games. Example, we are immediately a better team by cutting down on penalties in the game. If we have 11 penalties we will lose. We are a better team by handling the snap on a field goal better. We are better if the center snaps the ball to BY about waist high. We are better if we cut down on sacks so what caused that? Scheme, players getting whipped, blocked the wrong guy, called the wrong blocking scheme or audible out of a play that is not favorable based on the offense and defensive alignments. A guy getting whipped (unless technique) or scheme not much can be done but the rest can be fixed through film study and preparation. I guess a guy getting whipped you could try someone else.

Maybe all of this falls into two words "better execution". I know it appears simplistic but it is what I believe is the secret to a win by Bama.

Last edited:
Bama isnt gonna try. Be something they aren't.

May just have to make sure they can execute May take a extra blocker in backfield

Uga may rush 3. And 8 defending pass.
Their front 3 can give bama trouble.

BY just has to be BY. He doesn't throw ints. Need a rushing game
Catch the ball. Run the ball. Take points when available

This aint the 85 Bears.

If they were that great the line wouldn't be 6-7 it would be double digits

To many praising them. Bama is better
I agree... we have just as much if not more talent that uGA albeit at different positions. If we execute for 4 quarters as in years past and don't kill drives with dropped balls and penalties I think we are going to score points. The question is, does uGA score points? I think our Defense is better than Clemson's right now and they only scored 3 offensive vs Clemson. Given that was the first game of the year and I would think they are better than that now I would assume uGA will/can score in the low 20s if we play solid Defense. My thought is Bama needs to score 28-35 points to win this one... but every game has a life of it's own. I would never have thought the aU game would have been close if we held them to 10 points.

Sometimes it just comes down to block better, play with better technique and power (which is what Saban basically said in his press conference that you referenced in one of your posts).
We talk of Saban speaking through the press often: I came away with the impression he was again but specifically talking to the offensive staff (see his blocking comments on technique.)

I don’t know if we should use the word realistic on a fan page, lol you know none of us are overly realistic.

All kidding aside, I think I’ve seen it mentioned several times already but we need 28 to 31 points to beat Georgia, and that is if our defense plays B+.

I don’t know if we should use the word realistic on a fan page, lol you know none of us are overly realistic.

All kidding aside, I think I’ve seen it mentioned several times already but we need 28 to 31 points to beat Georgia, and that is if our defense plays B+.
I think that’s realistic...
We average in 40s.....they can hold us to low30s...

A win is a win

Really....a win at AU...the way things have gone atAU....nobody should complain at all

And a damn great win...
Roll tide
Sorry I do not care where or who you play but the first 3 1/2 qtrs we saw at the Barn I am going to complain about it. Just not acceptable. How you play matters. As Saban would say happy with the win but not satisfied with the way the team played.

Sorry I do not care where or who you play but the first 3 1/2 qtrs we saw at the Barn I am going to complain about it. Just not acceptable. How you play matters. As Saban would say happy with the win but not satisfied with the way the team played.
Me too...i wanted 45-0....but i am happy with W

Now...nick is responsible for some ugly words i said...during-game

We played about as crappy..in 2017....and see how that turned out

Plus first half of NCgame with uga........

We remember what we remember...

But we good @mando. We good

Last edited:
I love the dialogue on this board! I offer my thoughts as a conversation piece with you guys. After a hard day, I'll get on and read the post and decompress from my day, so thank you all for giving me that!

Now, Milroe at RB is not an odd concept. We need him as an option for this one game if playing for a national title is our goal. At his core, he is a gifted athlete that played QB in a high school system where he was often used as a running QB. We can put any label or tag on him, but he is the best option we have with all the injuries. Leary is a 5'10 175 lbs. Kennedy runs to avoid contact and doesn't look natural at RB. We absolutely will lose this game if we become one dimensional and have to depend on either of those guys to run the ball. So, Milroe at RB is the best option for this one game other than Sanders in my opinion. We've seen what this young man can do with the ball in his hands. I was on the edge on my seat the entire time he ran the offense and was very impressed. He's fast and delivers the blow. He's no Henry, but not many LBs or DBs are going to want to tackle him come 4th quarter. In a close game, we are going to need to control the clock and he's a 1st down waiting to happen.

Not sure how we can know this would be more effective. Has not done this all year and is asking us to be something we are not. I get the impression from your post that you believe Bama being bama is not going to be good enough. I disagree I just think we are going to have to do what we do better than we have been doing it. An execution issue not personnel. I use terms like play a clean game (do not drop the ball or have a lot of turn overs. Do not have a lot of penalties etc..) My 2 cents.
You're absolutely correct about Milroe playing RB in a game all year, but this doesn't mean he hasn't been practicing at RB with all the injuries we've had. We're down to one game against the top ranked team in the country. Up until this point, he has served as a backup in case Bryce went down, but this is the final game for Bama for at least 4 weeks. All options are on the table because this is a must win game if we want to play for a title.

I respect your opinion, but nothing about this team screams consistency in implementation or execution at any level. As a team, we have not played a full game this season at BAMA's standard of expectation. Rarely have we dictated the flow of a game this year. We have not consistently imposed our will or broken the will of higher level competition this year and that's fine. We are a young team and I truly believe we will be a better team going forward (especially next year) for the growing pains that we've had this year. Hey, an 11-1 season after losing all the incredible talent and leadership from a magical 2020 team! Bryce Young likely winning the Heisman Trophy! Anderson setting himself up top win serval awards and be a top 3 draft pick next year! A seasoned team returning next year to dominate and answer the critics with an emphatic ROLL TIDE!!! BAMA fatigue is real, but WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!! So win or lose on Saturday, BAMA is here to STAY!

Just for you @BamaFan334 - checkout #5 :).

Also look who picked bama to cover and win - ESPN’s ‘Stanford Steve & The Bear’ give betting thoughts on Alabama vs. Georgia in SEC Championship Game

No one ever said the media knew what they were talking about, so I'm not about to put stock in them for this game.

Saban was everything and zero against former assistants too at one time... ;)

Back
Top Bottom