| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

Not on defense, not by a long shot.

I'm with you on some things, but their defense isn't THAT much better. We have zero clue what their defensive backs can do, and I doubt anyone can name them as they have not had to make many plays this year. Linebackers, yes, they are playing well. Defensive line? Jordan Davis is playing well, but like I've made note, he clogs the middle and lets everyone else do the work. Nolan Smith and Adam Anderson were the beneficiaries of that, and are both five star busts if you ask me. Tindall and Dean are what makes that defense tick. Davis is a big help, but overall it's the two linebackers that make that defense work. We have WAY more talent than them overall. I'm taking Jordan Battle over Lewis Cine. I'm taking Kool-Aid and Brian Branch over Kendrick and Ringo. I'm taking William Anderson and Christian Harris over Adam Anderson and Nolan Smith. We usually have a Jordan Davis a la Barmore, Quinnen Williams, Raekwon Davis etc, but not this year. That's where they make their money, so it's not like they are miles ahead of us as a total defense. Their defense has played lights out, I have said this time and time again, but breaking it down it's three guys.

Ace is a one-back formation usually one back, two TE (one TE, one H-Back) and two receivers (or one back, one TE, three receivers). Provides more gaps that a defense has to account for and they also have to account for the TEs in the passing game. 12 is just the personnel grouping for an Ace formation. A two back formation would be a 21 personnel package. 11 person would be the one-back, one TE, three receivers. 10 personnel would be one back, no tight ends (four wide). 0 personnel is 5 wide and so on and so on.
You see the scheme against their 3-4? Watch pulling the safety in.

Georgia will come out in 4-2-5 formation. They know Young can throw, so they're going to try and mix in coverage to confuse him. Similar situation with Tua and Clemson. We'll see if Georgia can rush with 3... if we can elminate that early in game, we'll force them to go to 4-2-5 or a blizes from someone out of 3-4 .. but i don't know

Was thinking last week with Williams out - Is Billingsly going to get involved?

I'm thinking this is the week... Especially if BOB goes more to 2 TE's. Isn't he kind of the key since the OL likely can't protect for too many deep attempts? I like Latu... But Billingsly... He's the threat!

If we can play around 75% to 80% of our capability on offense and defense, keep penalties to a minimum with no turnovers, we should be able to wear their asses out. That was a mouth full. I hate like hell to lose, just like the rest of y'all. The coaches and the players hate losing way more than we fans. If we play pretty decent and get beat, that is one thing and I will be very disappointed. Playing like crap and losing, well that is quite another, and I will be pissed.

If we can play around 75% to 80% of our capability on offense and defense, keep penalties to a minimum with no turnovers, we should be able to wear their asses out. That was a mouth full. I hate like hell to lose, just like the rest of y'all. The coaches and the players hate losing way more than we fans. If we play pretty decent and get beat, that is one thing and I will be very disappointed. Playing like crap and losing, well that is quite another, and I will be pissed.
Honestly if we get beat it is likely because we played like crap. With no penalties, turnovers or busted assignments I believe Bama wins.

Now if they just get physically whipped and lose I will not be happy either but if it is because of stupid decisions and self inflicted wounds I will be shall I say angry for sure.

The constant drumming of Bama will get obliterated, don’t stand a chance, etc. Sounds exactly like the lead up to the 93 Sugar Bowl to me. In all honesty I feel exactly like I did almost 30 years ago, eerily calm and confident. Georgia is wound up tighter than a banjo string right now guaranteed.
Yep this is where the head guy earns his money. Can Smart manage the anxious energy with his team. If he does tip you cap to him but I am betting he does not at least for part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom