| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
What are your realistic expectations for the secc?
The eye test has me thinking that we can’t beat ga, but I also didn’t think the barn could hang with Bama or that Florida, Tennessee or Arkansas could either. I surely didn’t see us losing to aTm. I didn’t think Michigan had much of a chance to beat tOS after the spanking tOS gave to Michigan state but they did and so, any team can be beat on any given day. I think we can win, but the pattern has to change. The backend of the D has to wake up.
Thoughts?

When is the last time the majority of fans/analyst's had Alabama as the underdog? I want to believe that Nick and his staff use this as motivation and we come out and play lights out and beat Georgia....but then I think about how bad our o-line is and how they will smother our offense and tire our defense down by the 3rd quarter and we get beat by a significant amount.

We going to give up around 24 - 28 points IMO. Going to need 28-35 to have a chance to win.

Can we do it… sure, but going to take some magical scheming or some improvement in Oline play this week.

QB scrambles under pressure going to be key for both teams.

Both teams have talent and can win if 4 quarters are played well. Unfortunately, Georgia has played several games closer to 4 quarters good and we are lucky to just have a half of good football game so far.

I hate to be a pessimist about the team I love so much, but I don't think we can hang with Georgia. Our defense has gotten better but are still far behind the Bulldogs. Our offensive line is horrible. If Saban is going to fire a coach, I hope he fires Doug Marrone first.

I think we give them the best game of the year. I think they beat us, but I think it is a 28-21/30-24 type game.

Can we win? Oh yes, definitely. I will not expect anything different from what we saw against LSU or Arkansas. Auburn, an outlier. But I expect us to struggle like we have all year, but also see some bright spots.

I think we give them the best game of the year. I think they beat us, but I think it is a 28-21/30-24 type game.

Can we win? Oh yes, definitely. I will not expect anything different from what we saw against LSU or Arkansas. Auburn, an outlier. But I expect us to struggle like we have all year, but also see some bright spots.
I pray you are correct and that we hang close or, even better yet, can beat them. I just see their defensive line and linebackers all over Bryce. Hope I am wrong.

Let there be no doubt about this, Kirby is here to flat-out embarrass BAMA in this game. He's coming with everything and will keep scoring even when the game is not longer in doubt with a victory formation to seal the win. This is Georgia's moment to let the College Football World know there is a new Titan on the block and he just threw a knockout blow to the King. A win here goes a long way to Kirby establishing that image of dominance on the field and in recruiting.

Bama has a culture of championships. They will not go down w/o a fight. Kirby better be more worried about winning the game than embarrassing somebody. Bama is not 2008 Clemson or UGA during the black out.

Kirby has one thing that it doesn't bother Saban! That is Saban is in Kirby, head for a very long time! The last three games Bama has come back to win it! One NCG, SECC, Reg games.

Bama wont lose this game...
Our oline sucks....
Our Dbacks arent great...
We are downd to 1 1/2 running backs...

We are a wounded dog....you dont ever want to fight a wounded dog...

Its a QB game.....our receivers and QB are better...their weakness is the back end of their D....

BYwins game..and HT trophy Saturday in a dramatic win...

You doubters....shame shame shame

Bama wont lose this game...
Our oline sucks....
Our Dbacks arent great...
We are downd to 1 1/2 running backs...

We are a wounded dog....you dont ever want to fight a wounded dog...

Its a QB game.....our receivers and QB are better...their weakness is the back end of their D....

BYwins game..and HT trophy Saturday in a dramatic win...

You doubters....shame shame shame

Robinson being injured...plus that 'O' line's inability to run-block or pass-block against mediocre defenses thus far....makes it hard to be too optimistic.

If our 'D' can manhandle their offense like they did Auburn's....and if we are able to get the ball out of BY's hand QUICKLY... then we could be within striking distance at the end.

1638192367020.jpeg

If we continue the present course with our offense, Georgia will slowly drain the life out of this game and will pull away in the 4th quarter. Our defense will hang for a little while but will begin to wear down in the second half because I don't believe our O-line is good enough to sustain anything against them.

The main thing that concerns me against Georgia is the O line. I think we’re OK everywhere else. Auburn had 28 sacks on the year through 11 games. Then got 7 Saturday. 25% of their total to that point. 3 games worth of sacks in 1 game. Who has the better pass rush, Auburn or Georgia? Rhetorical question (said in my creepy Biden whisper voice) 😂

Back
Top Bottom