| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

I am loving it more & more how folks (especially Jawja fans) are talking like its a certainty.

Yes, I've done a little more internet browsing today than in the last week, and the more and more I see, the more I am wanting to change my score from the prediction page. I have seen no Alabama SEC Championship hype, but even had three Georgia ones pop up on Yahoo this morning. I know the fan and media arrogance doesn't always translate to the team, but I'm starting to get jacked up myself and thinking our team is gonna come out and play a solid ball game. Remember, we're not #1 with the pressure on us. We need the W, but don't have the target on our backs for once and everyone is in the Georgia corner. I don't believe in bulletin board material as a player, but I would like to think it will create a calmness amongst our players knowing no one expects us to win so it lets us play loose and not tense, but also with an edge that Georgia can't keep up with. It'll be an uphill climb, but here's to hoping the hype gets to the Dawgs and allows us to play loose.

Yes, I've done a little more internet browsing today than in the last week, and the more and more I see, the more I am wanting to change my score from the prediction page. I have seen no Alabama SEC Championship hype, but even had three Georgia ones pop up on Yahoo this morning. I know the fan and media arrogance doesn't always translate to the team, but I'm starting to get jacked up myself and thinking our team is gonna come out and play a solid ball game. Remember, we're not #1 with the pressure on us. We need the W, but don't have the target on our backs for once and everyone is in the Georgia corner. I don't believe in bulletin board material as a player, but I would like to think it will create a calmness amongst our players knowing no one expects us to win so it lets us play loose and not tense, but also with an edge that Georgia can't keep up with. It'll be an uphill climb, but here's to hoping the hype gets to the Dawgs and allows us to play loose.
Change it. I believe in you!!!

I was surprised you picked uga
Put the crimson glasses on.
Roll tide

Change it. I believe in you!!!

I was surprised you picked uga
Put the crimson glasses on.
Roll tide

I just did. I've been slammed at work and have blocked a lot out this week outside of this site. This morning I've been browsing a bit out of excitement for the game and I can't get over the overwhelming support for Georgia. They have the best defense in the country, they are undefeated, and they have a lot of good players. I'll admit that all day long. but thinking they will come in a beat us down isn't sitting well with me. We are hurt up, not blocking well, and have a defense so up and down you can't get a damn baseline. That being said, we still have the best talent and deepest roster in the country. I give us more than a puncher's chance, but that's all everyone else is giving us. I'm changing my pick on the hope O'Brien's NFL pedigree, Saban's ability lately to make that tough call and change will create a gameplan that will confuse Kirby. I love William Anderson and Bryce Young enough to think they can make THE difference now that Georgia is being held in such high regard and the hype around the program right now is more than I think I've ever seen for Alabama. That's a tough ask for anyone.

No one ever said the media knew what they were talking about, so I'm not about to put stock in them for this game.

Saban was everything and zero against former assistants too at one time... ;)
Yep so you see the mountain the puppies have to climb since it is so rare :D. All in good fun but I am expecting a Bama win. Doesn't guarantee squat but the burden of proof is in the puppies. Not much longer before we find out one way or the other!!!

All of this Jawja talk helps the immaturity factor of our team be more focused during practice this week. CNS is the master at getting these guys reigned in IF he has their FULL attention. This weeks practice with the consistency of the OL unit is the key to winning this game. This game is going to be closer than people think & it will not surprise me at all if we pull it out.

This game actually reminds me of the time CNS at LSU upset UT in the SEC Championship game in a regular season rematch. UT had John Henderson & Albert Haynesworth at DT... LSU had Matt Mauck & beat UT handily.

All of this Jawja talk helps the immaturity factor of our team be more focused during practice this week. CNS is the master at getting these guys reigned in IF he has their FULL attention. This weeks practice with the consistency of the OL unit is the key to winning this game. This game is going to be closer than people think & it will not surprise me at all if we pull it out.

This game actually reminds me of the time CNS at LSU upset UT in the SEC Championship game in a regular season rematch. UT had John Henderson & Albert Haynesworth at DT... LSU had Matt Mauck & beat UT handily.

Need this sent to the boys ASAP. We live about 30 minutes South of Athens. My girl walked into the lions den today, but wasn't scared to show her spirit. All in good fun of course, but I hope we kick their teeth in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211203-124614_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211203-124614_Messages.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 24
I just did. I've been slammed at work and have blocked a lot out this week outside of this site. This morning I've been browsing a bit out of excitement for the game and I can't get over the overwhelming support for Georgia. They have the best defense in the country, they are undefeated, and they have a lot of good players. I'll admit that all day long. but thinking they will come in a beat us down isn't sitting well with me. We are hurt up, not blocking well, and have a defense so up and down you can't get a damn baseline. That being said, we still have the best talent and deepest roster in the country. I give us more than a puncher's chance, but that's all everyone else is giving us. I'm changing my pick on the hope O'Brien's NFL pedigree, Saban's ability lately to make that tough call and change will create a gameplan that will confuse Kirby. I love William Anderson and Bryce Young enough to think they can make THE difference now that Georgia is being held in such high regard and the hype around the program right now is more than I think I've ever seen for Alabama. That's a tough ask for anyone.
Does this remind anyone of Bama in 2018? Very few in the media gave Clemson a chance and almost every Bama fan I know just knew Bama would win. The Tide hadn’t really been challenged much and they had often put teams away by halftime. Then came the NC game and it looked like a different Bama team and a royal butt whooping ensued. Bama was out-coached for sure but they were outplayed as well. Clemson coaches and players felt disrespected and Bama coaches were thinking about their new jobs while Bama players were thinking about the draft. That doesn’t always equate to an upset but when they happen it always plays a part. To say that bulletin board material doesn’t work for players is wrong in my opinion. It didn’t affect me but I played with guys who got ferocious when they felt disrespected. The coaches know it works or they wouldn’t keep posting the material.

Does this remind anyone of Bama in 2018? Very few in the media gave Clemson a chance and almost every Bama fan I know just knew Bama would win. The Tide hadn’t really been challenged much and they had often put teams away by halftime. Then came the NC game and it looked like a different Bama team and a royal butt whooping ensued. Bama was out-coached for sure but they were outplayed as well. Clemson coaches and players felt disrespected and Bama coaches were thinking about their new jobs while Bama players were thinking about the draft. That doesn’t always equate to an upset but when they happen it always plays a part. To say that bulletin board material doesn’t work for players is wrong in my opinion. It didn’t affect me but I played with guys who got ferocious when they felt disrespected. The coaches know it works or they wouldn’t keep posting the material.
It shouldn't matter but it does. If it helps them prepare with more attention to detail it can only help bama.

I couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was leaning towards the game being decided between the Tide's defensive line vs Georgia's offensive line including their QB. I'm laying down, on my resting on my elbow. I still look at that as a key.

The best way to attack a defense in a 3-4? What I call the Ace set and some 12 personnel. It can dictate.

I couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was leaning towards the game being decided between the Tide's defensive line vs Georgia's offensive line including their QB. I'm laying down, on my resting on my elbow. I still look at that as a key.

The best way to attack a defense in a 3-4? What I call the Ace set and some 12 personnel. It can dictate.

So are you going to make a prediction?

I think the only way we have a chance is if we get out to a quick 14-0 lead and create some doubt. The offense is meant to play with the lead and the ghost of choking sessions past against Bama could cause some serious butthole tightening...

So like Dumb and Dumber... so your saying there's a chance!

I think the only way we have a chance is if we get out to a quick 14-0 lead and create some doubt. The offense is meant to play with the lead and the ghost of choking sessions past against Bama could cause some serious butthole tightening...

So like Dumb and Dumber... so your saying there's a chance!

I don't see that as a difficult option. Tennessee showed how to score and move the ball. We actually have the defense (sometimes). I can see a 7-0 or even 10-0 start for us after a few possessions each.

Can you go into detail?! Ace / 12? TIA!

Can you go into detail?! Ace / 12? TIA!

Ace is a one-back formation usually one back, two TE (one TE, one H-Back) and two receivers (or one back, one TE, three receivers). Provides more gaps that a defense has to account for and they also have to account for the TEs in the passing game. 12 is just the personnel grouping for an Ace formation. A two back formation would be a 21 personnel package. 11 person would be the one-back, one TE, three receivers. 10 personnel would be one back, no tight ends (four wide). 0 personnel is 5 wide and so on and so on.

Back
Top Bottom