| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

Did not post pregame but would have said, we will see what we have been seeing. Penalties, blown coverages, poor OL play, dropped passes. Would have picked uGaly to win. Our tendency has been to under perform and it is great that the players had the will to prepare. Can CNS keep them focused vs the rat poison, UC a 13 point underdog with no chance? Have we turned the corner in this rebuilding year?

Unfortunately, I believe we are out classed in depth, size and veteran players this year. They are strong in areas where we are very weak.. I do however think we will be the best passing offense that they have faced as long as we excecute. We will also be the best defense that they have faced to date.

They just remind me of Auburn in 2010, us in 2015 and LSU in 2019. They have a ton of upperclassmen who had all underperformed that decided to catch a gear, a core of solid veterans and some young talent that they hit on and developed early.

I pray we can sneak it out somehow but I think they have the better, more veteran and more healthy team.. its gonna be tough

I replyed to myself so I could have my negative quote posted with my apology. I am happy our guys got a little pissed and showed some fight. I was proud of both our football team and our basketball team.

I apologize to the guys for not having more faith in them. I still believe what I said about Georgia is accurate that they are the deeper, bigger and more experienced team.. we just out played them Saturday.

Roll Tide

I don't see that as a difficult option. Tennessee showed how to score and move the ball. We actually have the defense (sometimes). I can see a 7-0 or even 10-0 start for us after a few possessions each.

It actually went exactly opposite with them jumping out to a 10-0 lead. But when we did finally get out to a 2 touchdown lead.. they did panic and made bad decisions. So we were actually both completely wrong and completely correct..lol

When we got them down by 14 and the time was ticking.. they went for an ill-advised 4th down, tried to push it down field(not their strength) and threw 2 picks.

It actually went exactly opposite with them jumping out to a 10-0 lead. But when we did finally get out to a 2 touchdown lead.. they did panic and made bad decisions. So we were actually both completely wrong and completely correct..lol

When we got them down by 14 and the time was ticking.. they went for an ill-advised 4th down, tried to push it down field(not their strength) and threw 2 picks.

Bahahaha, pretty funny stuff there! I guess this shows the strength of our true potential. The fact we were able to get down to a team like this 10 points and then just come back and dominate speaks volumes. I also think it finally showed us what the pre-season chatter was all about and that this team could live up to those expectations. We have underachieved this year with such erratic play, but I think this finally showed everyone what an honest collective effort from this team could do.

I replyed to myself so I could have my negative quote posted with my apology. I am happy our guys got a little pissed and showed some fight. I was proud of both our football team and our basketball team.

I apologize to the guys for not having more faith in them. I still believe what I said about Georgia is accurate that they are the deeper, bigger and more experienced team.. we just out played them Saturday.

Roll Tide
They are neither better nor deeper...
Their D line was big fat and out of shape....
Their D backs couldnt cover our receivers...with or without Metchie

By 4th quarter ...their D was sucking air...

The drve at end for bama when we got the final FG.....they couldn’t stop a one leg RB...

Very true. Their best D player couldn't stay on the field for more than a play or two at a time and even then didn't give a lot of effort. He will do good against Michigan if they run it up the middle the whole game, but most of their guys seem to be liabilities with offenses that are all over the field.

Very true. Their best D player couldn't stay on the field for more than a play or two at a time and even then didn't give a lot of effort. He will do good against Michigan if they run it up the middle the whole game, but most of their guys seem to be liabilities with offenses that are all over the field.

Yep, we knew we could tire him. Tennessee showed us, and we did it better, much better. He's a great ball player in run support, but he is not getting a pass rush. We knew these things, but I still give the offensive line 1000000% of my respect for just stepping up after all the crap we and others have given them all year. Chris Owens did amazing, so did Seth McGlauchlen.

They are neither better nor deeper...
Their D backs couldnt cover our receivers...with or without Metchie

By 4th quarter ...their D was sucking air...

The drve at end for bama when we got the final FG.....they couldn’t stop a one leg RB...
AGAIN... NEVER SAID BETTER. JUST SAID THEY ARE BIGGER, DEEPER AND MORE EXPERIENCED!

WE HAVE INJURIES EVERYWHERE -- THEY ARE DEEPER
WE HAVE LIKE 5 SENIORS WHO SEE THE FIELD - THEY ARE MORE EXPERIENCED
THEY MAYBE THE ONLY TEAM WITH MORE SIZE THAN US- BUT THEY ARE AS BIG OR BIGGER ..LOL

We won. So no matter who says what .. we were better on Saturday in every aspect. And you are absolutely right their D was sucking air and couldn't stop B Rob when they needed to at the end.

Roll Tide 50+.. I just wanted to point out I never said better..lol and I always wanted to use the ALL CAPS reply once on here : )

AGAIN... NEVER SAID BETTER. JUST SAID THEY ARE BIGGER, DEEPER AND MORE EXPERIENCED!

WE HAVE INJURIES EVERYWHERE -- THEY ARE DEEPER
WE HAVE LIKE 5 SENIORS WHO SEE THE FIELD - THEY ARE MORE EXPERIENCED
THEY MAYBE THE ONLY TEAM WITH MORE SIZE THAN US- BUT THEY ARE AS BIG OR BIGGER ..LOL

We won. So no matter who says what .. we were better on Saturday in every aspect. And you are absolutely right their D was sucking air and couldn't stop B Rob when they needed to at the end.

Roll Tide 50+.. I just wanted to point out I never said better..lol and I always wanted to use the ALL CAPS reply once on here : )
Sorry.....
So much said how they were better...deeper....and more experienced....
I just disagree( and for those that DID say better)
I would take our Dbacks and LBs
Recievers....QB....and......STeams
Give them Oline...RBs....and Dline only...
And Saban overSmart

Caps kinda. Blew me away....
Spilled my coffee everywhere....

Back
Top Bottom