| FTBL QB Transferring?

i have not, but does not at all come to a surprise to me. You got to go somewhere where you think you can get some PT. If he does transfer, I wish him the best.

I was thinking the same thing as well before the ULM game , and heard that he was transferring as well after the we played ULM. Just wounder if he fits into the system that CMS/CMA/CJP want to run. Seem like they want an atheletic QB who not only can pass but run some sort of the spread option as well.

bamabarney said:
I was thinking the same thing as well before the ULM game , and heard that he was transferring as well after the we played ULM. Just wounder if he fits into the system that CMS/CMA/CJP want to run. Seem like they want an atheletic QB who not only can pass but run some sort of the spread option as well.

I don't know about his overall running ability, but he put up some pretty good numbers rushing in HS, along with his 50-something TD passes his senior year.

bamabarney said:

I would think he would fit great, but I am sure he knows more than i do.

There was some talk about it earlier in the year of him transfering to a Texas school. If i remember right i believe it was A&M. Also heard UTEP. I believe he will stay with the Tide.

I like McElroy a lot, but it looks like he might not get a shot. With Fanuzzi waiting in the wings and Star coming in...he might be feeling the pressure.

That's not even mentioning A.J McCarron.

McElroy is about the same kind of QB as JPW, not a great fit for this ssystem, but not terrible in it. Considering JPW returning as a senior QB/(2 year starter, Fanuzzi being a more athletic QB than Mac, and Star Jackson arriving in the fall, he may be seeing that the competition for PT is going to be pretty intense next year, and he likely would not play much more than this. The question he, and others in his situation, will have to decide whether it is worth it to transfer and lose a year's eligibility, leaving only two years to play.

psychojoe said:
McElroy is about the same kind of QB as JPW, not a great fit for this ssystem, but not terrible in it. Considering JPW returning as a senior QB/(2 year starter, Fanuzzi being a more athletic QB than Mac, and Star Jackson arriving in the fall, he may be seeing that the competition for PT is going to be pretty intense next year, and he likely would not play much more than this. The question he, and others in his situation, will have to decide whether it is worth it to transfer and lose a year's eligibility, leaving only two years to play.

I'm disappointed McElroy's transferring, if he actually does. I was hoping for a great deal more competition at QB. Hopefully Fanuzzi has a good spring.

RTR,

Tim

I read some crazy internet rumor about a week ago that Coach Saban didnt like McElroy much and told him he should transfer.

The rumor also mentioned CNS letting Fanuzzi rehab his knee this year and probably starting next year.

Just rumor and speculation, but since the rumor is he may be transfering now, thought id mention it.

(Also, Star Jackson doesnt impress me that much, he has a good arm, but seems to throw alotta jump balls.)

psychojoe said:
McElroy is about the same kind of QB as JPW, not a great fit for this ssystem, but not terrible in it.

Aside from not being an "athletic" QB, I think he fits rather well. One area he differs from JPW is that, in HS, he had a quick release. He also hit receivers in stride, and had very very few INTs.

There's no point in having stud WR's if you can't hit them in stride.

Back
Top Bottom