| FTBL Foy Trophy Presentation This Wednesday

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
I called the athletic department, asked about the Foy. They transferred me to the basketball office, who had no idea but put me on hold for a bit. When they returned, they said that the football team would be presented with the Foy Trophy at the auburn basketball game on Wednesday.

@Brandon Van de Graaff , it was dropped during COVID, but unless I've been told wrong, it's back.

RTR,

Tim

What is the Foy trophy?
It's the trophy that goes back and forth between the Iron Bowl winner, typically officially awarded the following basketball season at the winner's home game. The coach usually makes a few comments, and then the SGA president of the losing team leads the crowd in the winning school's fight song. I felt like it might be Coach Saban's last official act as coach, so I'm going to make it a point to be there. If he doesn't, I still hope to see a good ball game.

I called the athletic department, asked about the Foy. They transferred me to the basketball office, who had no idea but put me on hold for a bit. When they returned, they said that the football team would be presented with the Foy Trophy at the auburn basketball game on Wednesday.

@Brandon Van de Graaff , it was dropped during COVID, but unless I've been told wrong, it's back.

RTR,

Tim

I searched for info on it the other day after I posted that and couldn't find anything on it... I just do not remember it taking place since the Covid year. I know there was a push by some to do away with it (the basketball game deal) and just do something right after the football game. Maybe they just dropped the whole SGA involvement? Or maybe not. Guess we will find out Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom