| OT Eye contact!!!!

Rsedge72

Ok…
Just kinda bothers me. This morning, it’s a bit rainy so I went to Sam’s club. I got maybe 7-8 items. I check out, no eye contact at the register. I go through the item check lane at the exit, no eye contact. Drives me insane!!!!
After that I took my dad to longhorns. Our waitress was fantastic, every time she talked to us she made direct eye contact. I used a gift card to pay for our meals. I gave her a $50 tip.
Do y’all reward eye contact? Does it bother y’all when you’re talking to someone, and they won’t make eye contact???? Just me wondering if anyone else is as peculiar as me!??!

Were they very young? I think it may be a generational thing. I've noticed it with a lot of college/high school kids and there seems to be so many socially awkward young people (talking early 20s and younger) these days and COVID only made things worse in that case. Being out in the real world for awhile will help a lot of them hopefully.

Were they very young? I think it may be a generational thing. I've noticed it with a lot of college/high school kids and there seems to be so many socially awkward young people (talking early 20s and younger) these days and COVID only made things worse in that case. Being out in the real world for awhile will help a lot of them hopefully.

Socially awkward and anxiety (stuff)... Living on a phone 24/7 is part of that.

Early 20’s all of them.

When my kids got phones, part of the deal was they had to call and set up doctors/dentist appointments, etc. Told them that being able to talk to adults will be a super power when they are grown.

Along the eye contact lines.... I absolutely hate to go to fast food restaurant and not be greeted or at least ask what I would like to have. Chaps my ass. This week I was in Mobile working and went to Dunkin Donuts for a cup of coffee on my way into work. Girl came up and never said a word, just looked at me. I told her what I wanted and she got it. Only words she said to me was my total, not Good morning, not have a nice day, not kiss my ass. Just the total. We are all doomed.

Socially awkward and anxiety (stuff)... Living on a phone 24/7 is part of that.
Certainly doesn't help. We've had three college kids come in since the summer wanting internships and all three of them were so socially awkward is was like pulling teeth to get them to look at you, say more than a couple of words to you, etc. But then we also have a girl that works in our office that is a junior in college and she is as outgoing and personable as anyone I've ever met. She just seems to be the exception these days.

Ok…
Just kinda bothers me. This morning, it’s a bit rainy so I went to Sam’s club. I got maybe 7-8 items. I check out, no eye contact at the register. I go through the item check lane at the exit, no eye contact. Drives me insane!!!!
After that I took my dad to longhorns. Our waitress was fantastic, every time she talked to us she made direct eye contact. I used a gift card to pay for our meals. I gave her a $50 tip.
Do y’all reward eye contact? Does it bother y’all when you’re talking to someone, and they won’t make eye contact???? Just me wondering if anyone else is as peculiar as me!??!

I make all four of my kids (5-13) look at their server and order their food to help them break that issue early. It works because they always get complimented for their courteous behavior.

Del with students on as daily basis, some by choice and others because they are in trouble. Very few of these students will look me in the eye and it drives me crazy. I tell students look me in the eye when you are talking to me, it’s so uncomfortable for them.

Back
Top Bottom