Opinions on Conecuh Sausage

Pick a day in July and we can do it. Let me know what day and we will take off work and make it Doug/Lance/Brandon day. Our own freakin holiday. I will fly the American flag and we will do burn-outs in the drive way in my Chevelle. We will cook pig on the smoker and beef on the grill. It will be a holiday to celebrate having junk between our legs!!! WE shall call it Twig and Berries day. Women will be allowed to celebrate with us, but this is nothing more than a ploy to make sure they wash our dishes and clean up after we get through doing manly stuff.

Other than the deer sausage I have made at the processor.....Conecuh is the only sausage allowed in my home.

I used to hunt in Conecuh county and would go to the processing plant, often. They have a store at the plant and you can sample all their flavors. Cajun is good, but the Hot & Spicy is awesome!!

On a side note there is a Donut shop close to my house called Daylight Donuts. (It is a chain). They make a breakfast roll-up that is out of this world. They call them cajun pies and the bread is like a Sister Schubert roll only larger......they are filled with chunks of Conecuh cajun sausage and cheddar cheese. Downright orgasmic.

Rammer
I am with you on that .

I had never had it- until we moved to Orange Beach.

The next closest thing - is POLK-Cajun. made in Miussissippi.

you can get it a SAMS Club.

But you taught me something i did not know about Daylight Donut

breakfast roll-ups. I was not crazy about the doughnuts

so i gave it a pass.

But I may Re-Visit for some of these breakfast roll-ups.

And the comment about > Dunkin< Doughnuts.

I noticed last time i ate some that they had

changed the receipe (something about transfats- or whatever)

and Dam-near- had to Throw them in the trash.

And i'll eat just about anything Dead.

With a couple of exceptions (To The Dead Rule)

:animbeer7io:

Blue Marlin.......I'm speakin on behalf of my Daylight Donuts.

I know they are all independently owned and operated. I was bragging about how good the "cajun pies" were to one of the cooks and told him that it tasted like Conecuh sausage. He told me that is exactly the sausage they used. I would imagine if you talk to the folks at your local Daylight.....they would make it with Conecuh, if they don't already. I promise you a fresh Cajun pie is down right awesome. If you do try one, let me know what you think.

BTW I'm with you on the donuts. Nothing to write home about, but they do make a mean apple fritter.

Rammer
I'll give em a whirl
and let you know the results.

That said- I am a Junk Food Junkie
from waaaay back.

and if you ever get to Mobile
go to downtown-Dauphin street (I think)
and look up "The Pastry Shop"

Its a HOUSE- turned into a Pastry shop
a FRENCH pastry shop- to be exact.
And outside of New Orleans and Nerw York City.

If you like French pastries
they're off the chart.

ESPECIALLY the "Mocha Boats"
everything there is Handmade THERE.
By Certified Cordon Bleu pastry chiefs.

They went to France and did the whole school etc.
Its pricey- but whorth every penny.

And while I'm on a Roll
if you like BEER.
(And who the hell does'nt)

I try new beers whenever i travel.
and ran into one of my NEW favorites called
"MooseDrool".

They only sell it and certain states
and of course (we ain't one of em)

But I found it online here:
http://www.wineandcheeseplace.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=3718&substring=moose+drool

and buy a 12 pack whenever
i feel weathy.
which happens about twice a year.

NOT to be confussed with anybodies sex life.

I think I'll Stop There.

Blue...I'm in Mobile from time to time and will definitely look it up. I have a cousin that took me to Hop-Jacks there on Dauphin. That place was awesome. Was disappointed to hear it closed, but I think they have one over in Pensacola.

I will have to check out the Pastry shop next time I'm down.

My initial thoughts exactly! :lol:

All we are need is that "profusely-bleeding-head-banging-against-the-computer" avatar . . .

Gosh, I don't miss those days a bit, except for all the "souses" and Randy's air-traffic reports . . .

Yes sir!!

attachment.php

Plano, I hope you got your order and it was good. This is great, great tasting sausage. I grew up in Pensacola and I was familiar with Conecuh. Now live in DFW area and I am really glad to have it available locally finally. My wife went to the Brookshires here in Midlothian today and requested the product at the meat department. It was only about 45 minutes after she got home that she got a call from the manager and said it would be in the store by Tuesday (Today is Saturday). So, give your store in Celina another chance, it may have taken a while to get into the supply chain. Tell them to call the Midlothian store if they have questions. In full disclosure, I programmed the web site conecuhsausage.com over 10 years ago, but otherwise have no connection to the company. Every time I go home to Pensacola I go to a local Walmart and get some Conecuh sausage. It really is wonderful stuff. Get the regular hickory smoked sausage. Hope this helps.

Damn, just called the store north of me in Celina and they told me they can't order it anymore. Apparently they had some in and I missed it - I never shop at brookshires anyways.

Guy told me that corporate is limiting which stores can get it. I'll be in Louisiana this weekend, will find it there I'm sure.

Damn, just called the store north of me in Celina and they told me they can't order it anymore. Apparently they had some in and I missed it - I never shop at brookshires anyways.

Guy told me that corporate is limiting which stores can get it. I'll be in Louisiana this weekend, will find it there I'm sure.

WHat part?

Ah damn. Was going to tell you to go over to I think Opelousas or Eunice...either one has this place called Kelly's. They make some of the best sausage I've had.

On the way up from New Orleans today, I stopped by Kelly's in Opelousas (picked up some mixed sausage, pork sausage, and andouille) and stopped by a Brookshire's in Shreveport and picked up 6 packs of Conecuh (original, hot and spicy, and hickory).

Kelly's seems like a pretty cool place, they knew every customer by name - except me.

Back
Top Bottom