| MBB/WBB 🏀 Oklahoma’s Hot-Shooting Snaps Alabama’s Win Streak at Nine Games in 93-69 Loss

Playing like they took a commercial flight that flew out this morning, then bused over from the airport to the arena, changed on the way over and then started the game as they walked on the floor. Laying an egg today boys!! Go ahead and flush this one out of your system and re focus!

This is what happens when you’re #2 and projected to be a #1 in the NCAA tournament. You think you’re a lot better than you really are. RESULS…. A GOOD OLD WELL DESERVED AZZ WHIPPING!!!

As Jimmy Dykes would say, "Roll Tide laid an egg today". If there was any rat poison in the system today, that should resolve that issue.

I am surprised by this result but it will be interesting how this team responds to on-the-court adversity. It will show the character of this young team. I think we drop a couple more games as the season plays out but we all know how very good this team can be. Rather take the spanking now and start peaking again at the end of the season when it counts.

If there is any good news, it's that it was a non-conference game (though they better get fixed quick or it'll carry over to SEC losses soon)... and hopefully this will take some pressure off them. Oats isn't real process oriented, and I know he wanted that #1 ranking. That kind of stuff trickles down to the team... This game was a hard reset on them after what should have been a loss against a shitty Miss State team a few nights ago. I do think they are physically tired, that is easy to see, but there are other issues the these last 2 games also... will say being a tired team right now is worrisome though IMO.

Overall, we shit and fell back in it. Game was poorly officiated. Couldn't defend or shoot. We looked unprepared, for 2nd game in a row.
Could bad scouting of Ok and poor game planning had something to do with this game?

They left everything in Tuscaloosa today…laid a flaming turd. Looked like Gottfried was coaching them on the road 😳…hopefully just unfamiliar territory that Oats can use as motivation to get them in gear for the rest of the year.

Overall, we shit and fell back in it. Game was poorly officiated. Couldn't defend or shoot. We looked unprepared, for 2nd game in a row.
Could bad scouting of Ok and poor game planning had something to do with this game?
This game had all the makings of a team and coaches that were not prepared and over confident. This is all new territory for the Alabama basketball program including players and coaches. It will be interesting to see the leadership abilities of CNO and the coaching staff to right the ship. They have some big games coming up and better get back on track if they expect to go deep in NCAA tournament play. Today FG% 37%. 3 point 27%. That ain’t going to get you far in any tournament.

Back
Top Bottom