More ineptitude with a little football mixed in

Alabama has to have the most divided fan base in sports. To hell with having one major forum, no, our fans love to attack each other like a bunch of crack heads fighting for the last crack rock in earth. All over stupid shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fuck cams whiny ass.

I had started to like him because of his charitable actions and handing out game balls to kids. His crybaby attitude after the game makes me not like him anymore. You can't dance around acting like a big shot when you win and then act like a 3 year old when you lose.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but someone on the Panthers staff should have went over what the players should say and how they should act when they win and lose a big game like that.

Here we go with the threats again. And what's going to happen if I start **** with the wrong person? You going to ban me?

This is some of the weakest trolling I've ever seen.

Obviously I'm doing a helluva job trolling you cause you continue to get your panties in a bunch... Im not even a MOD so how am I gonna ban you?

Great observation. I tend to agree. If you recall the QB battle was incredibly fluid. Boz probably got heavily opinionated info on the QBs. I didn't even think he was thin skinned as much as someone who didn't like being called a liar when he wasn't telling lies. I don't blame him for not giving out info to a better much of people who don't appreciate it.

Auggie, honestly, you need to watch yourself bro. Don't drink and post because you become too combative, just like you always have.

Your halcyon days of glorious rapture at WoollyAl is no longer possible. You can't act like you are angry just for the kicks of it here; you have to act more civilized and normal and integrated into society.

You know, just try to act like a normal message board poster and not a raging misfit from WoollyAl who still has a hard-on for something that will never really be as it was. Be careful is what I'm saying, be careful!

Last edited:
Obviously Cam missed an opportunity to represent himself in a way that he should have. Just to give some of you a different perspective, not trying to make you change your mind on Cam. Just saying there is more to the story, give this a read and watch that video.

I'm a fan of Cam Newton the athlete, have been since he landed at Auburn. Good read on the situation.

If you recall, a response to this post above is what started all of this. A post by an Alabma fan, so called, saying he's been a fan of $cam since he landed at the barn. A post including an article that tells us all why we are wrong about $cam and his behavior and why we have the wrong perspective on $cam, that it wasn't $cams fault he acted this way, oh no...it was the NFL's fault for putting $cam too close to a Denver DB.

This is what you all defended. OK?

Now all you rolltidebama people dab on 3.

Auggie, honestly, you need to watch yourself bro. Don't drink and post because you become too combative, just like you always have.

Your halcyon days of glorious rapture at WoollyAl is no longer possible. You can't act like you are angry just for the kicks of it here; you have to act more civilized and normal and integrated into society.

You know, just try to act like a normal message board poster and not a raging misfit from WoollyAl who still has a hard-on for something that will never really be as it was. Be careful is what I'm saying, be careful!

Dude...what are you doing? Don't ruin this for me, I'm just starting to hit my stride, I've brought this lame ass thread to 5 pages during the off season without breaking a sweat. And Did you see...I've even got some of them thinking they are trolling me. Man this is hilarious.

Oh, I almost forgot, why do I need to be careful, why do I have to watch myself? Are you threatening me? Because it sounds like a threat.

Last edited:
I had started to like him because of his charitable actions and handing out game balls to kids. His crybaby attitude after the game makes me not like him anymore. You can't dance around acting like a big shot when you win and then act like a 3 year old when you lose.
I'm almost with you here; except for the "start to like him" bit.

I have paused a few times over the last year in an attempt to tamper my impression of Cam. Even though it was a child born with a stripper being a parent can change people dramatically (and that was setting aside the given/chosen name for his son.) I too saw the interactions with fans and kids. I thought, just perhaps, he may have moved past some of the antics we'd seen and heard.

Even then I had my doubts. I told a girl who works for us that I had a hard time balancing what I wanted to believe and what I was still seeing. I told her, and others, it still just doesn't sit right with me all they while admitting it might have to do with where he went to school and other other allegations pointed in the direction of Cam and his father.

In the end ... well, here we sit.

@Augustus McCrae I suspect you're just missing the point @planomateo was driving at earlier. I assuming here, but feel comfortable is saying I believe Matt was saying he respected the ability of Cam as a player. It wasn't a declaration of support. It wasn't him saying he had endearing feels for Cam. It's no different than Finebaum, or Cowherd ... many other examples. You may not like their product, you may not like them, but their success in their fields sets them apart. The ol' "hate the player, not the game" type of deal, right?

However, if what Boz had to share turned out to be wrong 9 out of 10 times he still had considerably more inside info that the entire makeup of the members of this board.

You guys suck for running him off. Jealously is one hell of a thing.

I'm absolutely certain he didn't leave here because he got called out on something;
Absolutely certain is a very strong phrase. Every single bit of the grief he experienced could have been avoided with "I think," or "It's my opinion."

This I know. When all of this started the staff here had the same position. One, time vets all. And two, the last thing wanted is a pissing contest between members (though that may have been a bit idealistic, or just a dream considering how message forums have evolved.)

This is very amusing. Boz is legit. The people that matter know it. And ate rewarded....lol.he got a buddy of mine Derrick Henry cleats....FACT. Among other examples i care not to elaborate .E O S....Roll Tide

That really means nothing, in my opinion. There's an Auburn fan who is a member here that's done the same thing for Bama fans. @BamaFan334 has donated things like that for contests here but that doesn't make him any more of an insider than your casual, lurking fan. He's (334) very opinionated on some things. But, when people disagree with his thoughts (or as it seems to be the common phrase, "calls him out,") he doesn't take on the attitude of "delete my account, I'm taking my ball and playing elsewhere."

Hrrmm... sort of ironic, at least to me, this all comes up in a thread about Cam not liking what he was hearing and walking out.

Oh well ...

There's a reason there's more than one Bama site. Each site has it's own environment ... not unlike your local neighborhood watering hole. One place is good for some, but others want a different setting. I hate quoting Hillary here, but in the end, what does it matter?

I'm almost with you here; except for the "start to like him" bit.

I have paused a few times over the last year in an attempt to tamper my impression of Cam. Even though it was a child born with a stripper being a parent can change people dramatically (and that was setting aside the given/chosen name for his son.) I too saw the interactions with fans and kids. I thought, just perhaps, he may have moved past some of the antics we'd seen and heard.

Even then I had my doubts. I told a girl who works for us that I had a hard time balancing what I wanted to believe and what I was still seeing. I told her, and others, it still just doesn't sit right with me all they while admitting it might have to do with where he went to school and other other allegations pointed in the direction of Cam and his father.

In the end ... well, here we sit.

@Augustus McCrae I suspect you're just missing the point @planomateo was driving at earlier. I assuming here, but feel comfortable is saying I believe Matt was saying he respected the ability of Cam as a player. It wasn't a declaration of support. It wasn't him saying he had endearing feels for Cam. It's no different than Finebaum, or Cowherd ... many other examples. You may not like their product, you may not like them, but their success in their fields sets them apart. The ol' "hate the player, not the game" type of deal, right?

Man, how big is this dudes fan club?

Planomateo posted "I'm a fan of Cam Newton the athlete, have been since he landed at Auburn." This is what the man said.

How is this statement not a declaration of support?

A fan supports whatever they are a fan of. Unless there an alternate definition of the word fan on this board this is a statement of support. If I came on here and posted "I am a fan of Andrew Luck since he went to the Colts" you wouldn't expect me to pull for his opponents on Sunday would you? You wouldn't read that and jump to the conclusion that I am making a statement only about Luck's athletic ability and that I'm really a Dolphins fan.

Planomateo said he was a fan of Cam while he was at the Barn! If you recall Alabama lost to A Cam led Auburn team. How can you guys overlook this?

I can only evaluate the statement as written. First the athlete is all you can be a fan of or know. You don't have any other insight into Cam on another level. The behavior on and off the field, the interviews in print and on tape, everything you consume relative to Cam is about the athlete, so there is no separation.

It is sad that I have to break it down this far.

Last edited:
Message from Boz..................
daily-afternoon-randomness-photos-30.gif

It is sad that I have to break it down this far.
You didn't. I understood where you were coming from. I also understood what he was saying in the first place. But, that comes from having conversations on and off line with Matt.

How can you guys overlook this?
IF he were to have said, "I respect the athletic ability Cam bring to the field" this thread would have never taken the turn it has. That was his intent, it just was said in a manner you didn't understand. No big deal, in my opinion. If you had as many conversations with him as some here have you'd have understood what he was driving towards. That was my only point.

Man, how big is this dudes fan club?
I happen to be a member of almost every RTB members fan club. We certainly don't share each others opinions on everything, but I will speak up for each and everyone. I've always said I am not one that looks at another's opinion as being right, wrong, good, bad, or look at them indifferently. It's their opinion. It doesn't make mine any more valid even though I'm right most of the time. :naughtydevil:

I likely don't have to say this but I do feel it might be fitting.

I'm not a fan of Tiger Woods, the person. I am a fan of his game of golf. If I were to say "he's a hell of a golfer" people here wouldn't assume I was saying I'm a Tiger fan: they've learned to interpret what I've said—sometimes not as clearly as could have been said—based on things I've said in the past.

Make sense?

And here in lies the biggest problem with technology. The written or printed word can be misunderstood in so many ways. There is no voice inflection, tone, or manner to make the comment be perceived as intended. Those of us that have been here for a good while, have seen each others posts for extended periods of time and we have a better understanding of where they are coming from or what their intentions are.

You didn't. I understood where you were coming from. I also understood what he was saying in the first place. But, that comes from having conversations on and off line with Matt.

IF he were to have said, "I respect the athletic ability Cam bring to the field" this thread would have never taken the turn it has. That was his intent, it just was said in a manner you didn't understand. No big deal, in my opinion. If you had as many conversations with him as some here have you'd have understood what he was driving towards. That was my only point.

I happen to be a member of almost every RTB members fan club. We certainly don't share each others opinions on everything, but I will speak up for each and everyone. I've always said I am not one that looks at another's opinion as being right, wrong, good, bad, or look at them indifferently. It's their opinion. It doesn't make mine any more valid even though I'm right most of the time. :naughtydevil:

I likely don't have to say this but I do feel it might be fitting.

I'm not a fan of Tiger Woods, the person. I am a fan of his game of golf. If I were to say "he's a hell of a golfer" people here wouldn't assume I was saying I'm a Tiger fan: they've learned to interpret what I've said—sometimes not as clearly as could have been said—based on things I've said in the past.

Make sense?

Make no mistake about it, I didn't misunderstand anything, and I don't really need you to continue to try and make excuses.

I understand written words and their meanings effectively. You think you understand based off of your history with this person, but it's not understanding you have arrived at, you've only arrive at an assumption.

You are free to think what you want, but it only makes sense to you if you read into what was written versus simply reading what was written, all based off your assumptions and your fan club membership.

Is Cam a gifted athlete who can do amazing things on a football field? Yes, this is obviously so. Did most Alabama fans become a fan of Cam the athlete once he landed at the barn? Most likely not.

An Alabama fan Who becomes enamored or smitten with the athletic abilities of an Auburn player, or becomes a fan of an Auburn player while they are a player at Auburn makes your Alabama loyalty suspect to me.

I wonder what the vested members of this board, the ones who appear to feel an overwhelming need to vouch for planomatao's comments, thought and felt back during the 2010 Iron Bowl. Were you impressed with Cam and his superior athletic display? Kind of seems like that's what you are saying.

And here in lies the biggest problem with technology. The written or printed word can be misunderstood in so many ways. There is no voice inflection, tone, or manner to make the comment be perceived as intended. Those of us that have been here for a good while, have seen each others posts for extended periods of time and we have a better understanding of where they are coming from or what their intentions are.

It is not a technology problem or a misunderstanding.

Words have meaning as they always have. If a book was poorly written in the last century you wouldn't blame the publisher of the book or the machine that printed it. You wouldn't blame the reader because they didn't know the author well enough to assume what they intended. You would simply place the blame where it belongs, on the author who clearly sucks at the written word.

Back
Top Bottom