| FTBL More Eloquent Prose from Clay Travis

bama alum

This is actually not a Bama-bashing article. (He's still a :jackoff: though)

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...e/outkick-s-top-ten-2014-for-week-five-092714

There weren't very many big games this week, but damn if it wasn't an incredibly entertaining day of college football.
Here is Outkick's top ten. Remember, we judge teams entirely based on what has happened on the field so far. Preseason expectations don't factor in at all.
With that in mind, here we go:
1. Alabama
The Tide didn't play, but I spent the whole week thinking about how dominant they looked against Florida. I decided I had them underranked. So they jump to number one without taking the field.

2. Oklahoma
The only team that can beat Baylor is Oklahoma. And the only team that can beat Oklahoma is Baylor. Whoever wins this game on November 8th will be undefeated and in the playoff.

3. Texas A&M
The Aggies won, but they took a ton of body blows against Arkansas. Maybe it's unfair to drop the Aggies three spots after a win, but the Aggies have a chance to reclaim Outkick's number one spot in Starkville this coming weekend.
4. Baylor

I know Baylor's schedule has been weak, but crushing everyone you play has to count for something. Iowa State isn't great, but they've played everyone tough this year, including beating Iowa and nearly beating Kansas State. This game was never competitive.

5. Auburn
Auburn has eight games left. Seven of their opponents are ranked in the top 17. (Granted South Carolina will probably be falling out of the top 25 this week, but that's still an insane schedule.
By the way, how good does that big win over Arkansas continue to look?

6. Oregon
I can't get past the Ducks struggle with Washington State, even though the Cougars won on the road at Utah this weekend. This Thursday's game against Arizona should be pretty entertaining and the game against UCLA on October 11th will be fantastic.

7. UCLA
The Bruins surge back into the top ten after destroying Arizona State on Thursday night. This was the Bruins team we expected to see all season long. Will Brett Hundley build on his stellar night and put together a Heisman campaign? We'll know soon.

8. Mississippi State
Next weekend will be the greatest sports weekend in the history of the state of Mississippi -- the biggest game at Ole Miss since Eli Manning's final home game against LSU and the biggest game in Starkville that I can ever remember.

9. Michigan State
The Spartans had a bad half at Oregon. Otherwise they've been upstoppable. The Spartans need Oregon to go 13-0 and win the Pac 12.

10. Ole Miss
Look, let's stop pretending that this game against Alabama is going to be close. Unless
Bo Wallace plays the greatest game of his entire career, the Crimson Tide is going to beat Ole Miss by double digits.

11. Florida State
The Seminoles nearly break into the Outkick top ten because Georgia falls out and because I bumped BYU -- which probably wasn't fair. Even though Florida State is now the first team outside my top ten, the Seminoles have been bad in all four of their games this year. Here's the deal, if you put FSU's players in Clemson's uniform and Clemson was 4-0 with the exact same results this year, where would the Tigers be ranked? Probably around ten, right? FSU is benefiting off last year's title run. Nothing they've done so far justifies them being anywhere near the top five in the country.

Back
Top Bottom