| BSB/SB ⚾#18 Alabama vs. #1 Texas A&M - Thursday's game postponed. Game 1, Friday at 11 CT

Pretty amazing to have a closer type arm throwing 75 pitches. That is very rare to have that conditioning after working to building your bidy up for one inning for so long.

Yeah, they've done a good job of building up to it with him. They were preparing even back in the fall to have him on standby as a starter, then when Quick went down they really started stretching him out with with his side sessions. He could step in and start at this point if needed and probably go 90 pitches. Personally, I'm hoping he slides into the weekend rotation next year.

Content and context.

I hate to admit being content looking back at 3-3 over the last six until I consider the context.

Going with the D1 Baseball rankings (which are the best overall, IMO)... there are 8 ranked SEC teams (including the top 4). 1 of them is Bama. 1 is Vandy. Bama has now played the other 6.

1. Texas A&M
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
13. Vanderbilt
18. Alabama
20. South Carolina
24. Georgia

The schedule lightens up a bit from here on out with @ Ole Miss, @ Mississippi State, LSU, and @ auburn. Bad news is, 3 of 4 on the road and LSU as been underperforming. Not like the other 3 are trash either, but they aren't Texas A&M, Tennessee,, Arkansas and Kentucky.

Yeah, they've done a good job of building up to it with him. They were preparing even back in the fall to have him on standby as a starter, then when Quick went down they really started stretching him out with with his side sessions. He could step in and start at this point if needed and probably go 90 pitches. Personally, I'm hoping he slides into the weekend rotation next year.

We aen't thinking he goes pro? 6'5 lefty at 96 is a diamond.

What's the rule? Thought with baseball you could leave whenever you wanted since you can still go pro out of high school?
Players who have graduated high school but not attended college are eligible for the draft, as are those who have completed at least one year of junior college. Players attending four-year colleges are eligible to be drafted upon completing their junior year or turning 21 years old.

Back
Top Bottom