| GAME THREAD šŸˆ South Florida vs Alabama from Saban Field at Bryant Denny Stadium šŸˆ : ESPN @ 7 ET.

I believe that South Florida team will end up being better than currently thought.. Watch them for the rest of the season..A Cinderella team..
Not with that QB. He canā€™t complete a pass. We would have loss this game going away if he could hit wide open guys mid/downfield. They missed at least 2 maybe 3 TD to wide open guys in the 1st half.

Georgia Tech football 1981

Won 1 game and lost 10

Beat Bama in game one at The Legion. GT TE Ken Whisenhunt is still running open.

Not to say that USF put everything into this game.
This new playoff and NFL-lite game nowadays..Every game will be the best effort a team can give.. A twelve team playoff opportunity will be in the FRONT of their mind..

@Brandon Van de Graaff Maybe it's just me, I think Deboer realized last night that going conservative in playcalling in SEC probably wasn't good idea. His comment last night, it sounded like the coaching staff thought they were going to try and get away without opening up playbook and it almost backfired on them.

I think that's absolutely part of it... they've gone to great lengths to keep some things under wraps.... and as friendly as DeBoer is with the media, he actually plays things closer to the vest than Saban ever did with some of that stuff... he will say a lot without saying anything, type stuff. But I also think in week 2 with a new team and a reshuffled OL, they may not have felt comfortable running some stuff they didn't practice all week. And I get that too. I was a little heavy handed last night on the emphasis of downfield passing and lack of underneath stuff, but I think they just stuck with what they planned for, for the most part. Eventually, the run game did wear USF down (with an assist to Pritchett). But I bet they were expecting more success on the ground early...

I think that's absolutely part of it... they've gone to great lengths to keep some things under wraps.... and as friendly as DeBoer is with the media, he actually plays things closer to the vest than Saban ever did with some of that stuff... he will say a lot without saying anything, type stuff. But I also think in week 2 with a new team and a reshuffled OL, they may not have felt comfortable running some stuff they didn't practice all week. And I get that too. I was a little heavy handed last night on the emphasis of downfield passing and lack of underneath stuff, but I think they just stuck with what they planned for, for the most part. Eventually, the run game did wear USF down (with an assist to Pritchett). But I bet they were expecting more success on the ground early...
It was a weird week, not unlike week one in some regards, that they adjusted. A lot going on in the background of this game.

Back
Top Bottom