| FTBL Javier Arenas

SpecThis

Verified Member
CAUTION: If in mixed company, make sure sound is OFF.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZjr81quQA[/youtube]

"Who would have thought he'd be the one to set the West in Flames"

The 2nd coming of the Deuce.... Agent 28

Will they even punt to him this year?

weezyfbaby00 said:
Tider27 said:
WHEN he runs one back against Clemson, I will go insane.
There, I fixed it for you. Isn't special teams supposed to be one of their weaknesses?

We'll have to see, I haven't heard anything about their special teams. Javy is good but it's kind of hard to expect a return for a TD.

Tider27 said:
weezyfbaby00 said:
Tider27 said:
There, I fixed it for you. Isn't special teams supposed to be one of their weaknesses?

We'll have to see, I haven't heard anything about their special teams. Javy is good but it's kind of hard to expect a return for a TD.

It was horrible last year. HORRIBLE.

88th in the nation in kickoff coverage and 115th in punt coverage. The number are virtually identical when you look at what they allowed and what we averaged.

Allowed 14.7 per punt return. Javy, 15.2.

Allowed an average of 22.7 yards per kickoff return along with two TD's. We averaged 21.1 yards per return. (Javy, 24.3)

TerryP said:
Tider27 said:
weezyfbaby00 said:
Tider27 said:

It was horrible last year. HORRIBLE.

88th in the nation in kickoff coverage and 115th in punt coverage. The number are virtually identical when you look at what they allowed and what we averaged.

Allowed 14.7 per punt return. Javy, 15.2.

Allowed an average of 22.7 yards per kickoff return along with two TD's. We averaged 21.1 yards per return. (Javy, 24.3)

Wow, wasn't aware of that. Well I was wrong about expecting returns for TD's, it looks like we might can expect two TD's from Javy. :lol:

Tider27 said:
weezyfbaby00 said:
Tider27 said:

Who will be taking punt returns with him, I heard it was Julio.

Only 1 back in punt returns. Although Julio is the backup punt returner. Julio is the second man beside Javy on kickoffs.

So lets see we get 2 TD's by Javy and 2 TD's by Julio. LOL looking at their names you would think we were EL Alabamio.

bamafan850 said:
Who will be taking punt returns with him, I heard it was Julio.

Given that Julio was second on the depth chart, I would have to say it's him. Unless something has changed since the depth chart was released Monday.

What a tandem to be standing deep when you have to kick the ball to them.
I believe Coach Saban has placed Julio in the kickoff role simply to keep teams from kicking away from him to another player without having to think about it.

BamaDevO said:
I believe Coach Saban has placed Julio in the kickoff role simply to keep teams from kicking away from him to another player without having to think about it.

Here's the thing that keeps getting in the way of thinking they'll kick away from Javy.

Considering how poor their kickoff/punt coverage was last season if they start trying to kick away from a player I see shanks on punts and penalties on kickoffs. If they do get it in the field of play, only the good lord can help them if they have just a player or two out of position.

TerryP said:
BamaDevO said:

Here's the thing that keeps getting in the way of thinking they'll kick away from Javy.

Considering how poor their kickoff/punt coverage was last season if they start trying to kick away from a player I see shanks on punts and penalties on kickoffs. If they do get it in the field of play, only the good lord can help them if they have just a player or two out of position.

I don't know. If my neighbor does the punting the only thing we can hope for is him being nervous and intimidated in a national game against a team he grew up hating. He wouldn't have beat out their senior with shanks and such (not that it couldn't happen though).

I know it is a real weakness of their's, but my fondest dream is that there is only one Clemson kick off to return.

I'm trying to keep it toned down so I won't peak until 7:00 tomorrow night.[/list][/list]

NTT said:
Only 1 back in punt returns. Although Julio is the backup punt returner. Julio is the second man beside Javy on kickoffs.

So lets see we get 2 TD's by Javy and 2 TD's by Julio. LOL looking at their names you would think we were EL Alabamio.

And the capital city of El Alabamio, none other than Guadalahoover. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom