| FTBL Iowa self-reporting minor NCAA violation regarding former Alabama OT Kadyn Proctor, per report

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Iowa self-reporting minor NCAA violation regarding former Alabama OT Kadyn Proctor, per report

Iowa is self-reporting a minor NCAA violation regarding impermissible contact it made with then-Alabama offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor last season, The Athletic reported Thursday.

According to the report, an unnamed Iowa staffer texted Proctor "hang in there, buddy” in September when the Tide's freshman starter was struggling on the field.

Iowa's violation would be categorized as Level III and would likely result in further education for the staffer and admonishment, according to the report, which is typical for self-reported NCAA infractions. Alabama also releases an annual list of minor NCAA violations that involve similar corrective actions.

Proctor entered the transfer portal January 17, a week after Nick Saban retired as Alabama's coach. He committed to transfer to Iowa three days later, returning to his home state where he was a five-star prospect in the 2023 high school class.

Shortly after arriving at Iowa, Proctor was interviewed at a Hawkeyes basketball game and referenced the contact from Iowa.

“No bridges were burned," Proctor said January 20. "That’s why it made me so easy to pick them, when I did enter the transfer portal because I still had those relationships. Even after I was doing bad in the SEC, and struggling, they hit me up and said we’re proud of you and you’re going to get through this. That’s what ultimately helped me with my decision.”

Said Proctor of Alabama: "I actually decided when all the [new] coaches came in, I let them give me some of their knowledge and why they tried to keep me there. I listened to them, and what they wanted to say. ... [Iowa] is home. I love home. It's ultimately where I wanted to be. It's the first place I thought of when I entered the transfer portal. I had my mind made up when I entered the transfer portal.

Back
Top Bottom