| CURRENT EVENTS Israel vs. Iran, and where will the US fit in?

I really tried to stay out of the religious argument thing.. But the biblical prophecies are coming to pass.. Israel and Iran are doing their thing.. Europe and America are full of men of military age kind of like Locust.. earthquakes, eclipses pestilences diseases and the sword.. wars and rumors of.., and even history repeating itself… evil becoming good!.... it really doesn’t matter which religion you are because these things are going to happen as foretold..and some of it is because the rich men and governments are doing it on purpose..

I’m not really getting into the religious argument thing, but a question I do have is after reading all of y’all’s comments, do people actually believe in this apocalyptic, revelation thing?
In my opinion, you are missing the most important part of this discussion. What does it matter? It's beyond my control, your control, or the control of anyone else.

If there is a rapture, or an apocalypse, or an Armageddon is there anything you can do to stop, or avoid, either? If a person is living their life according to the "will of God," why get hung up on something you can't answer nor control?

@musso I did watch all four minutes of his diatribe. And, my opinion remains the same; it was a fatalistic view.

He believes it's inevitable that the members of these groups want the world to end. It's his suggestion these groups want an apocalyptic event.
Including the four groups in the earlier question doesn't work with me. There are fundamental beliefs within each group that differ from one another.

While I may disagree with the foundations of someone's faith I don't believe it is my right to criticize their faith. It's their God given right to believe what they choose to believe.

On a side note, has anyone seen Dune 2 yet? The way it portrays prophesy is very illuminating as it pertains to this discussion.
I haven't seen the original. I had a hard time getting into Dune, by Frank Herbert...to the point I can't muster the will to sit down and force my way through the book ... much less force my way through the first movie.

In my opinion, you are missing the most important part of this discussion. What does it matter? It's beyond my control, your control, or the control of anyone else.

If there is a rapture, or an apocalypse, or an Armageddon is there anything you can do to stop, or avoid, either? If a person is living their life according to the "will of God," why get hung up on something you can't answer nor control?

@musso I did watch all four minutes of his diatribe. And, my opinion remains the same; it was a fatalistic view.

He believes it's inevitable that the members of these groups want the world to end. It's his suggestion these groups want an apocalyptic event.
Including the four groups in the earlier question doesn't work with me. There are fundamental beliefs within each group that differ from one another.

While I may disagree with the foundations of someone's faith I don't believe it is my right to criticize their faith. It's their God given right to believe what they choose to believe.
I’m not missing the important part of anything, it was a simple question. Do people really believe in that Armageddon, revelation stuff? I’m not trying to understand the point of it or anything.

I’m not missing the important part of anything, it was a simple question. Do people really believe in that Armageddon, revelation stuff? I’m not trying to understand the point of it or anything.
What does it matter what Joe, or June, may believe? Does it have any bearing, any relevance on your life or mine? No. Whether you believe it is true, whether it is true or not, it's beyond anyone's control.

You know the answer to your question. Of course people believe in Revelation. Eternal life is a core tenant of their faith. How do people interpret Revelation? It's beyond my control, none of my business, and through those lenses it has no relevance to my life.

What does it matter what Joe, or June, may believe? Does it have any bearing, any relevance on your life or mine? No. Whether you believe it is true, whether it is true or not, it's beyond anyone's control.

You know the answer to your question. Of course people believe in Revelation. Eternal life is a core tenant of their faith. How do people interpret Revelation? It's beyond my control, none of my business, and through those lenses it has no relevance to my life.
It was a simple question. I know the tenants of faith and all that, I was a church going, Bible thumping, thought I was called to the pulpit Christian. My disconnect began when the pastor started yapping about mark of the beast and all that. Sounded like a scene from some movie.

Maybe I should’ve asked “how do people believe in it?”

I'm pretty sure I shared in a thread after Oct 7th that Bibi admitted to sponsoring Hamas years ago, even asking GCC states to chip in, as a way to prevent a united PA in both the West Bank and in Gaza (divide and conquer). Google "we control the height of the flames."
My boy Dave Smith spitting fire in last night's debate:

The American government has been bankrolling them for a hell of a lot longer than Biden……
In this we all agree, I was pointing out that the dip shit was talking about Israel bombing Haifa…. That’s it he’s just a dip shit!!!! Now I think we actually agree that we should stay out of any and all conflicts around the world until we take care of our own shit here!!!!
Israel Gaza Ukraine all of it…. Or just wield our stick and shut everyone up….

In this we all agree, I was pointing out that the dip shit was talking about Israel bombing Haifa…. That’s it he’s just a dip shit!!!! Now I think we actually agree that we should stay out of any and all conflicts around the world until we take care of our own shit here!!!!
Israel Gaza Ukraine all of it…. Or just wield our stick and shut everyone up….
Israel bombing Iran and Syria now

Back
Top Bottom