| CURRENT EVENTS Israel vs. Iran, and where will the US fit in?

When you read revelations, it pretty much makes it clear that the governments of the world will be the ones to commit the atrocities…God will cast the judgment…

After the trouble making Christians disappear from the earth, the anti-Christ will... The temple will ... the Jewish priests will... There will... The anti-Christ will... He and his cohorts will... The armies of the anti-Christ will...
It is a script and is being followed… Watch and see..
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but there will be no Superman who will save us. Escapism isn’t the answer, although it’s quite convenient for people in authority. They don’t mind us waiting around for another 2,000 years. It’s up to us to grow up, man up, put our big boy pants on, take responsibility for ourselves, and try to save ourselves by challenging the leaders who keep dragging us into one crisis after the next. It doesn’t have to be this way, but fatalistic thinking and belief in prophecy has a way of becoming self-fulfilling: if you believe circumstances must be bad, then you’ll be more tolerant of evil, which then allows for circumstances to worsen. Any ideology that accommodates evil, like apocalypticism, helps to make the world … more apocalyptic.

Well I’m an atheist, and I’m trying to stop it! 😇 ☮️
I have zero problem with your views.. that is freedom… but millions of Jews want their Messiah..and it is scripted as to how they are going to bring him about…Millions of Islamic folllowers are going to protect their Mosque and religion at all cost..The fuse was set with the “red cows” in Israel..The fuse was lit by Hamas , Hez-bull-ah, and Iran… Israel is about to go rouge.. What you are seeing is a runaway train..

It is known who wrote what books in the Bible as far as the NT, the OT can be less than clear. Even the KJV had all of the books until around the turn of the 20th century. Many ancient texts in the original koine Greek are being interpreted by the Orthodox Study Bible group but no release date has been set. The OT was rewritten & recompiled by the Israelites after returning from captivity in response to Christianity. Rabbinical Judaism is younger than Christianity. Luther tossed out 4 books right out of the gate with Revelations being one. The council(s) that codified the Bible almost left out Revelations. People fail to understand that Christ left us a Church not a Bible. The Church brought the Bible together around 300AD give or take.

@musso finds it funny that our troops were killed by Iranians,.. unreal..
Well that was a ridiculous conclusion to draw from a simple emoji. Actually what I found funny was how tribalistic and childish your view was. You simply can’t impose rules on others that you refuse yourself. For instance, if the roles were reversed, and Iran invaded Mexico on false pretenses, occupied and destroyed it, killing thousands and creating refugees, destabilized our economy in the process, then started occupying Canada while conducting military operations on our northern border (analogous to US operations in Pakistan on Iran’s eastern border), would you really say that Americans would have no right to defend themselves by attacking invaders from the other side of the planet??? And like I noted before in this thread, what if Iranian leaders and military strategists were also promoting the eventual overthrow of our country, as we were doing to them soon after launching the “War on Terror”???? Wouldn’t you see Iranian occupation of our neighbors to the South and North as preparations for an eventual invasion of our country??????

But @24and7, since you needlessly brought up how I feel about soldiers overseas, I’ll gratuitously add, that Herbert Spencer put it more eloquently than I can:

To me the cry—‘Our country, right or wrong!’ seems detestable… Suppose our country is in the right—suppose it is resisting invasion. Then the idea and feeling embodied in the cry are righteous. It may be effectively contended that self- defence is not only justified but is a duty. Now suppose, contrariwise, that our country is the aggressor—has taken possession of others’ territory, or is forcing by arms certain commodities on a nation which does not want them, or is backing up some of its agents in ‘punishing’ those who have retaliated. Suppose it is doing something which, by the hypothesis, is admitted to be wrong. What is then the implication of the cry? The right is on the side of those who oppose us; the wrong is on our side.

Some years ago I gave expression to my own feeling—anti-patriotic feeling, it will doubtless be called—in a somewhat startling way. It was at the time of the second Afghan war, when, in pursuance of what were thought to be ‘our interests’, we were invading Afghanistan. News had come that some of our troops were in danger. At the Athenaeum Club a well-known military man—then a captain but now a general—drew my attention to a telegram containing this news, and read it to me in a manner implying the belief that I should share his anxiety. I astounded him by replying: ‘When men hire themselves out to shoot other men to order, asking nothing about the justice of their cause, I don’t care if they are shot themselves.’
I foresee the exclamation which will be called forth. Such a principle, it will be said, if accepted, would make an army impossible and a government powerless. It would never do to have each soldier use his judgment about the purpose for which a battle is waged. Military organization would be paralysed and our country would be a prey to the first invader.
Not so fast, is the reply. For one war an army would remain just as available as now—a war of national defence. In such a war every soldier would be conscious of the justice of his cause. He would not be engaged in dealing death among men about whose doings, good or ill, he knew nothing, but among men who were manifest transgressors against himself and his compatriots. Only aggressive war would be negatived, not defensive war.

I have zero problem with your views.. that is freedom… but millions of Jews want their Messiah..and it is scripted as to how they are going to bring him about…Millions of Islamic folllowers are going to protect their Mosque and religion at all cost..The fuse was set with the “red cows” in Israel..The fuse was lit by Hamas , Hez-bull-ah, and Iran… Israel is about to go rouge.. What you are seeing is a runaway train..
I’m guilty of it but here Jew is used & the appropriate one is Zionist. Zionists are the problem. Not all Jews are Zionists but a huge chunk of American Christians are. Huge swathes of these are sure they are ushering in the rapture when that is an American invention in theology around 1850. Zionists of all faiths are an issue.

After the trouble making Christians disappear from the earth, the anti-Christ will broker a peaceful solution to this dilemma during the first half of the Tribulation. The temple will be rebuilt on this site and the Jewish priests will resume the animal sacrifices under the Mosaic Covenant. There will be peace in the Middle East for 3 1/2 years. The anti-Christ will then enter the most sacred part of the temple and demand to be worshipped as God. He and his cohorts will then attempt to destroy every Jew on the earth. The armies of the anti-Christ wiill be destroyed at the Battle of Armageddon by none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.
I can’t tell if this is tongue-in-cheek or you’re serious. This is the script put out by TV preachers from John MacArthur to TD Jakes.

@XXL TideFan its Revelation, no s, as in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Both Old and New Testament were written by men inspired by God himself. What Jesus left us was a way to God, not a church. John 14:6,
I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Fsther but through me.

It’s scripted right out of the Bible, which is an excellent place to get theology. Please don’t compare TD Jake’s to John MacArthur.
One is prosperity pimp the other is not. That is the only difference. They both teach rapture hooey. Look it up…invented around 1850. Any preacher selling this is wrong. It is a false narrative.

@XXL TideFan its Revelation, no s, as in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Both Old and New Testament were written by men inspired by God himself. What Jesus left us was a way to God, not a church. John 14:6,
I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Fsther but through me.
Matthew 16
15 Jesus then said to them, “But [you], who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God!”
17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you,* Simon Bar* Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
18 I also tell you that you are Peter,* and upon this rock I will build my Church,* and the gates of hades* will not prevail against it.

The words of Christ say that he left a Church. Sola Scriptura is why we have all of the Protestant denominations. Baptists, Lutherans, Calvinist’s all share the same origin as Bubba’s Holy Roller Church and Feed Store. Same as MacArthur, Jakes, Olsteen, Meyers, Duplantis, etc.

Last edited:
We on same page. Cote beliefs are what’s important. Definitely not throwing shade. All I’m saying is the blood of Christ supersedes all.

One is prosperity pimp the other is not. That is the only difference. They both teach rapture hooey. Look it up…invented around 1850. Any preacher selling this is wrong. It is a false narrative.
Your churches take on 1 Thess 4:16? Invented or understood around 1850?

Back
Top Bottom