| FTBL How many wins will Georgia have this season?

I'm going the other way.

11-1 or 12-0

They are talented everywhere, have a returning quarterback and have great defensive mind(s) in terms of coaches. I think at most, they lose to Bama on the road or Texas on the road. But, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them 12-0 going into the SECCG.
Here's where I don't see the thought process.

They lost, last year, in ATL to Bama. The core of the offense is back for the Tide: improved in areas. The same things said about UGA can be said about Bama.

I'll put Sheridan against Bobo all day, every day, all year.

The folks in Athens have been watching Tuscaloosa. I've been pointing to this. There's a reason. Just to start, let's think about Kirby and his defense when facing a mobile QB who can also hit the deep ball.

For what it is worth, practice reports out of Athens has Kirby upset...he doesn't like the attitude of the team. Attitude starts in the spring; it's not something you see developed during the season.

Okay at best, they split Clemson and Bama.

They definitely lose at Texas, the last of a 4 consecutive week grind.

And if Ole Miss hasn’t choked by the end of the season, they split Miss and Tenn.

So 9 total wins.

Really this new format will put a greater premium on keeping starters healthy, especially as talent is distributed across more programs due to NIL money.

Here's where I don't see the thought process.

They lost, last year, in ATL to Bama. The core of the offense is back for the Tide: improved in areas. The same things said about UGA can be said about Bama.

I'll put Sheridan against Bobo all day, every day, all year.

The folks in Athens have been watching Tuscaloosa. I've been pointing to this. There's a reason. Just to start, let's think about Kirby and his defense when facing a mobile QB who can also hit the deep ball.
I think they get us in Tuscaloosa.

Really, I wouldn't be shocked if we lose to uga, lsu and Tennessee.

First year head coach, new system, yeah.....I'm not going to be super optimistic about winning the SEC or making the playoffs really.

Don't get me wrong, the talent is there and we could win it all. I hope we do. I just think we step back just a bit this first year.

As for Georgia, a betting man would be a fool not to have them as the favorite to win it all. Maybe not go undefeated, but at least winning the playoffs.

Really this new format will put a greater premium on keeping starters healthy, especially as talent is distributed across more programs due to NIL money.
One. UGA does not have the depth people say they do. Yes, the talent. But, it's not ready.
Two. The attitude.

Look up the On3 site for UGA...read that report. Things at UGA could go really crazy, really quickly.

How? I don't see a Bobo offense outscoring Bama. I don't see a Kirby led defense handling Jalen.

I can see Bama running right up the middle for 120 or more.

Hey. Maybe I'm wrong. No problem admitting that. I just don't see UGA as other do this season. Or, next season.

I agree we win this game.

How? I don't see a Bobo offense outscoring Bama. I don't see a Kirby led defense handling Jalen.

I can see Bama running right up the middle for 120 or more.

Hey. Maybe I'm wrong. No problem admitting that. I just don't see UGA as other do this season. Or, next season.
For me it is not our offense I am worried about it is the D. The offense can be great but if it is kept off the field it doesn't matter. Hope that is not the case but that is what I am looking for. How does the D adjust and how long does it take?

Last edited:
For me it is not our offense I am worried about it is the D.
I’m worried about the D for EVERY team. In other words, if the trend in the last decade hasn’t already demonstrated this, think what a longer season, more quality opponents, and less depth across the landscape will do to all programs, especially on D. Think of the final scores you see in the lower divisional playoffs.

Isn't this his job either through recruiting, coaching them up or motivating them to work? Maybe this is his feeble attempt to talk to his team through the media the way the GOAT used to do. With that said Smart has come the closest to reprodcing what has gone on in T-Town.

No doubt it is. I feel these kids are getting failed at the youth level, middle, and high school levels. Now you can somewhat add college to that list with having to balance NIL and letting the circus into town like Deion Sanders that runs his mouth more than fundamentals I'm willing to bet. It's absolutely impossible for a coach to manage a roster of 100 players and expect everything to go perfect. Hopefully you can set your program up with the best coaches to assist, but with the way it is, they get poached each and every year by other programs and big money opportunities. It's tough, but football as a whole product is much less quality than what we are used to. Can actually say that about a lot of things these days. half ass products and effort everywhere in life.

Off topic. But I'm starting to see Georgia fans/analysts starting to have the "talk" about Kirby's successor. He's coming up on a decade of being at Georgia, and it's getting to the point of where coaches usually call it a career. Normally I'd tell them not to worry because of his age.... but with the current landscape of college football, it may drive him away from it earlier than it would have back then. It's much better for the players, but twice as hard for coaches(I wouldn't complain making all that money). It's starting to drive away coaches, like Saban, and Whittingham(he's retiring very soon). Don't be surprised if we start seeing an influx of coaches retiring, or just leaving for the NFL.

Off topic. But I'm starting to see Georgia fans/analysts starting to have the "talk" about Kirby's successor. He's coming up on a decade of being at Georgia, and it's getting to the point of where coaches usually call it a career. Normally I'd tell them not to worry because of his age.... but with the current landscape of college football, it may drive him away from it earlier than it would have back then. It's much better for the players, but twice as hard for coaches(I wouldn't complain making all that money). It's starting to drive away coaches, like Saban, and Whittingham(he's retiring very soon). Don't be surprised if we start seeing an influx of coaches retiring, or just leaving for the NFL.
Coaches like Kirby are getting to the point where if they aren’t in the hunt for a NC, the consideration of retirement is real. He’s made enough money to easily retire (from coaching) and the pains of NIL, recruiting, player discipline and alumni schmoozing just aren’t worth it. He could easily go into college football color guy mode.

Guys got back to back NCs. # 1 recruiting classes.
Could easily have had 3 peat .. wierd year
Very easily had best team last year.
I cant see KS going anywhere

10-12 million a year Hard to walk away from such

If they dip like Clemson has. Maybe start rumbling. But til
Then. Nooooo way

Back
Top Bottom