| FTBL How many wins will ALABAMA have this season?

Very difficult to predict with so many new unknown variables like new staff, tougher schedule, going undefeated isn’t critical or as beneficial anymore, thin depth at LB and DB, etc.

I think Pate does a good job. I agree with his “ceiling,” but his “floor” is way too low. I’ve said before that I think we are uniquely prepared to compensate for a potentially vulnerable secondary this season because of so many quality DL and DE. I expect our pass pressure to help our DBs.

I think Milroe is the kind of QB whose ceiling in year one of a new system may not be very high, but his mobility will keep his performance floor from being too low (see last year). So I expect him to be better, mostly due to improved scheme, but I don’t expect him to be a Heisman contender either. I see him, at best, having a Jalen Hurts all-SEC freshmen season, making more impact with his legs than arm, avoiding turnovers, and throwing the ball away rather than taking drive-killing sacks.

I think if we avoid significant injuries on D and in our starting OL, I think a Natty is as probable for us as any other team. But it’s hard to expect elite success with so many new variables this season, not only for us but for every other team.

I think we split UGA and LSU, and then OU and Auburn. So put me down for 10-2.

@musso

Logic exercise.

Jalen finished sixth last year in the Heisman voting. The five that finished in front of him? All gone to the league.

He's improved quite a bit since those votes were cast.

This is not an expectation, it's a conclusion. 🙃

I am predicting 10-2. I think they beat Ga at home and LSU on the road. I think they lose to TN on the road, because I think Tn will be legit this year and it's a tough place to win. And I see a loss to Oklahoma just because we traditionally don't play well in that venue. But if Oklahoma is worse than advertised then we could go 11-1. And we definitely make the playoffs this year.

I am predicting 10-2. I think they beat Ga at home and LSU on the road. I think they lose to TN on the road, because I think Tn will be legit this year and it's a tough place to win. And I see a loss to Oklahoma just because we traditionally don't play well in that venue. But if Oklahoma is worse than advertised then we could go 11-1. And we definitely make the playoffs this year.
Just an quick observation.

If you look at a lot of the SEC schedules you'll see four and five game grinds. It's a two headed monster. Yes, fans will love seeing tougher schedules for teams around the conferences.

The other head to that monster is it has removed one thing from the game of football: a teams' ability to focus on one game in the season and "coast" through a few of the others.

OU draws Maine right after being on the road at Ole Miss. Then they travel to Mizzou, back home against Bama, on the road against LSU. This comes after a four game stretch that includes Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, and ... ah, can't think. UofSC!

They get a breather before Texas...but geez, we could easily see five or six losses out of their last eight.

Just an quick observation.

If you look at a lot of the SEC schedules you'll see four and five game grinds. It's a two headed monster. Yes, fans will love seeing tougher schedules for teams around the conferences.

The other head to that monster is it has removed one thing from the game of football: a teams' ability to focus on one game in the season and "coast" through a few of the others.

OU draws Maine right after being on the road at Ole Miss. Then they travel to Mizzou, back home against Bama, on the road against LSU. This comes after a four game stretch that includes Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, and ... ah, can't think. UofSC!

They get a breather before Texas...but geez, we could easily see five or six losses out of their last eight.
Absolutely the truth. What we wanted. More competitive football in sec ...teams like uga breezed through. Western divisions...was cut throat

And for fans. The 4 gimmies in non conference. Really was crap

Now bama has 2 p5 in nonconference In 25. And the sec schedule.
Life is gonna be tougher. Conference more exciting.
I still would like to see 5 permanent conference and 4 rotating. ( ours could be lsu..au..tn..msu..miss). Those are games we should play....

Going to be exciting

I've said it for almost a year. Barring injury, he will be in NYC.
You had me on that train for a while. But I’m now less optimistic about Milroe. Moreover, I now think we will be ground oriented on offense and use screens and other quick throws to maintain possession and limit the reps by our D. So in summary, yes I’m less bullish on Milroe as a quick strike asset. I expect the strategy on offense will be akin to, like I said, Hurts’ freshman season. Think of his QB runs, quick tosses to RBs, screens to Ridley, etc. Now I certainly think Milroe will use these things to set up deep ball, especially since that’s his specialty. But our strength in year one of the DeBoer era on offense will be OL run blocking, RBs, QB mobility, and getting our WRs in space on the perimeter. Again just like the Hurts-led offense.

He's improved quite a bit since those votes were cast.

This is not an expectation, it's a conclusion. 🙃
Hope you’re right. But I didn’t see enough from him during A Day to be excited about his alleged passing improvement. Will he execute under pressure in a real game as well as you say he has at practice? And have his OTs also improved their pass protection? Like I said though, I am excited about the offensive system, probably for the first time since Sark left. But I think complementary football will demand that we ask for fewer big plays from Milroe to limit our D’s reps over a long season.

Again just like the Hurts-led offense.
I get your comparison though it doesn't work. The only trait they have in common is the ability to run and Hurts would be behind Milroe there.

If you have the time, stop and look up the careers and highlights of teams where Sheridan and Shepard worked with the WR's...then get back to me. If you want to wait until after Wisconsin, or later, that's fine.

No one is saying they won't have a struggle or two out of the gate. By the time they a little past the second turn?

Made me look.

Bama is 17-8 in Knoxville over the last fifty years:
I understand that. But that was when they had Derek Dooley, Jeremy Pruitt and Butch Jones. And Bama had Saban. LOL. I hope I'm wrong. I despise UCheat and I want them to lose every game they ever play in every sport. But I have to admit that Heupel is a good coach and they have some real talent. But we will see.

I understand that. But that was when they had Derek Dooley, Jeremy Pruitt and Butch Jones. And Bama had Saban. LOL. I hope I'm wrong. I despise UCheat and I want them to lose every game they ever play in every sport. But I have to admit that Heupel is a good coach and they have some real talent. But we will see.
It also includes Bill Battle and the entire careers of both Johnny Majors and Fulmer.

In my view, the jury is still out on Heupel. He caught a good roster at UCF and took them in his first year to 12 wins. In three years they were a six win program.

There was a lot of maturity on that 11 win team that caught Bama. They dropped to nine with another 4-4 conference record.

In my view he's as mentally unstable as Vitello, without the coaching talent.

It also includes Bill Battle and the entire careers of both Johnny Majors and Fulmer.

In my view, the jury is still out on Heupel. He caught a good roster at UCF and took them in his first year to 12 wins. In three years they were a six win program.

There was a lot of maturity on that 11 win team that caught Bama. They dropped to nine with another 4-4 conference record.

In my view he's as mentally unstable as Vitello, without the coaching talent.

Same here. What he's done in his short time in Knoxville has been respectable, but it's hard to get that 3 year declining tenure at UCF out of my mind. IMO, the results this season will tell us a lot about where he's headed.

Back
Top Bottom