| FTBL Honest non bias look at this years team

Well you have 2 choices

1- You can believe (even though Terry told us that was impossible) that Dan and the Gators are really a pretty good team (really need to see how they perform when they play someone that is somebody) and if so then Bama is a better team and was able to win out even in the Swap.

2-You can believe your own eyes and see that this version of The King isn't a great team at this time and some serious work ahead to even get to a real good team.

This and That on the TV I saw on yesterday (25 inch Zenith color with rabbit ears)

Offense
Bill Obrien is still an unknown play caller at this point ..TBD
#1,#8,#18 are good but none can see elite from their spot on the field
#10 has to get up to speed quickly since he has some quickness that is so much needed as a receiver
#4 and #21 are really good solid RB's but neither are elite (main reason is speed)
#9 must have a court order against him thus he can't run even when the game is on the line
With the exception of #19 we're having a difficult time getting receivers running open for what ever reason. Very little separation from the DB's
Nobody on our OL is elite. Fact is we're struggling to find players that are even good at this point with #55 and #79 at average and #73 and #71 closer to good and #79 I think is closer to average than just bad.

Defense
#8 appears to be a good athlete with size and speed but zero football savvy. #42 needs a shot at the tile (jmo)
#94 and #48 should be tired and sore today because they had a tuff go of it. We're average at DL
#10 played of but he got schooled many times yesterday (Lord I am glad he came to Bama)
#28 if he is a 1st rounder then I go in the 3rd
#31 was all in yesterday but even he got blocked time and time again.....He was held like you did your teenage girlfriends
I haven't been impressed with Bama's safety's for 2 years and so far I am sticking with that plan
Thank the Good Lord (again) for the Bama PK.

We're now going to have to move to getting better for Southern and then the season begins with Ole Miss.

I am sticking with 10-2

Ole Miss, A&M, LSU, Hogs, and AU are going to be really good games. I think we could win them all but we'll see. One week at a time for this bunch.

Well you have 2 choices

1- You can believe (even though Terry told us that was impossible) that Dan and the Gators are really a pretty good team (really need to see how they perform when they play someone that is somebody) and if so then Bama is a better team and was able to win out even in the Swap.

2-You can believe your own eyes and see that this version of The King isn't a great team at this time and some serious work ahead to even get to a real good team.

This and That on the TV I saw on yesterday (25 inch Zenith color with rabbit ears)

Offense
Bill Obrien is still an unknown play caller at this point ..TBD
#1,#8,#18 are good but none can see elite from their spot on the field
#10 has to get up to speed quickly since he has some quickness that is so much needed as a receiver
#4 and #21 are really good solid RB's but neither are elite (main reason is speed)
#9 must have a court order against him thus he can't run even when the game is on the line
With the exception of #19 we're having a difficult time getting receivers running open for what ever reason. Very little separation from the DB's
Nobody on our OL is elite. Fact is we're struggling to find players that are even good at this point with #55 and #79 at average and #73 and #71 closer to good and #79 I think is closer to average than just bad.

Defense
#8 appears to be a good athlete with size and speed but zero football savvy. #42 needs a shot at the tile (jmo)
#94 and #48 should be tired and sore today because they had a tuff go of it. We're average at DL
#10 played of but he got schooled many times yesterday (Lord I am glad he came to Bama)
#28 if he is a 1st rounder then I go in the 3rd
#31 was all in yesterday but even he got blocked time and time again.....He was held like you did your teenage girlfriends
I haven't been impressed with Bama's safety's for 2 years and so far I am sticking with that plan
Thank the Good Lord (again) for the Bama PK.

We're now going to have to move to getting better for Southern and then the season begins with Ole Miss.

I am sticking with 10-2

Ole Miss, A&M, LSU, Hogs, and AU are going to be really good games. I think we could win them all but we'll see. One week at a time for this bunch.
Just a question: what #’s do you call your wife & family by?
JK

I'm going to assume you didn't tag me because you know what you're saying here isn't the truth? Blantantly disingenous and definitely hyperbole found here.
Blantant hyperbole. 2.0.

It takes a really good team to go on the road, beat a ranked opponent like Florida, and never lose control of the game. Alabama did that.

Don't forget, we were up 21-3 in the first quarter. I definitely think O'Brien took his foot off the pedal and Golding made zero adjustments which allowed Florida back in the game. We have the talent.
You may be right on both cases but it does not meet the smell test for me. Why would O'Brien do that especially as things started changing in UF's favor? I would think it makes more sense that there were execution issues that never got completely resolved. This is an issues with younger teams. Now I expected this on offense but expected the D to be able to much more easily adjust and find a solution to whatever UF was doing.

On Golding, I am sure he tried to make adjustments. Now if you want to say they did not work I am with you. Honestly as I said in one thread that if the guys on both side of the ball are not whipping the guy in front of them or they are making lots of mental errors the coordinators play book is handcuffed. It is indeed the coordinators job to get these issues resolved through recruiting, and coaching them up during the week. Hard to do that on game day when you are not controlling your gap.

You may be right on both cases but it does not meet the smell test for me. Why would O'Brien do that especially as things started changing in UF's favor? I would think it makes more sense that there were execution issues that never got completely resolved. This is an issues with younger teams. Now I expected this on offense but expected the D to be able to much more easily adjust and find a solution to whatever UF was doing.

On Golding, I am sure he tried to make adjustments. Now if you want to say they did not work I am with you. Honestly as I said in one thread that if the guys on both side of the ball are not whipping the guy in front of them or they are making lots of mental errors the coordinators play book is handcuffed. It is indeed the coordinators job to get these issues resolved through recruiting, and coaching them up during the week. Hard to do that on game day when you are not controlling your gap.

As far as O'Brien, you can chalk that up to being up 21-3 and just not wanting to make that big mistake. We were in clear control and then it all went to crap. If Grantham can make adjustments and stop us, what does that mean for a coordinator that is worth a darn? We still scored, but it appeared to be more talent than game plan. Why not use Robinson more? The flow of the game was completely different after the first quarter, so something clearly changed.

As far as Golding is concerned, I saw zero adjustments by us as their running quarterback torched us, their running back consistently got outside, and we got killed by the tight end. It seems to be the same exact issues we have had the last few years. Florida wasn't throwing much at us, so it's hard for me to believe we adjusted at all. In the 4th quarter I knew exactly what was happening, yet our defense was still out of position. I go back to Sanders having to cover two guys on an option, safeties being so deep it left the middle wide freaking open for us to get eaten up. No way they should have converted the two 3rd and longs they did. Now To'oto'o was out of position a couple of times, but it doesn't explain the consistent chunk plays Florida got.

As far as O'Brien, you can chalk that up to being up 21-3 and just not wanting to make that big mistake. We were in clear control and then it all went to crap. If Grantham can make adjustments and stop us, what does that mean for a coordinator that is worth a darn? We still scored, but it appeared to be more talent than game plan. Why not use Robinson more? The flow of the game was completely different after the first quarter, so something clearly changed.

As far as Golding is concerned, I saw zero adjustments by us as their running quarterback torched us, their running back consistently got outside, and we got killed by the tight end. It seems to be the same exact issues we have had the last few years. Florida wasn't throwing much at us, so it's hard for me to believe we adjusted at all. In the 4th quarter I knew exactly what was happening, yet our defense was still out of position. I go back to Sanders having to cover two guys on an option, safeties being so deep it left the middle wide freaking open for us to get eaten up. No way they should have converted the two 3rd and longs they did. Now To'oto'o was out of position a couple of times, but it doesn't explain the consistent chunk plays Florida got.
All plays look bad when your getting whipped at the point of attack. That is my point. How do you make adjustments that fix that? Put in different players maybe? 55 and 79 go beat a lot and the DL was not holding the gap a lot of times. Maybe more savvy football guys can show me a path where adjustments fix that. You can hide a lot of deficiencies but physical aspect is hard to hide.

In a highlight real they will only show the plays that the highlight which is usually positive plays for the offense. On those plays yes it looked like #8 was not making plays or getting blocked (should the DL be keeping people off of him?). Be interesting to see if all other plays are like this. I assume not.

All plays look bad when your getting whipped at the point of attack. That is my point. How do you make adjustments that fix that? Put in different players maybe? 55 and 79 go beat a lot and the DL was not holding the gap a lot of times. Maybe more savvy football guys can show me a path where adjustments fix that. You can hide a lot of deficiencies but physical aspect is hard to hide.

Hard to argue your point there. I feel as offensive coordinator he can make that call. I don't know if in a game and environment like that is a time to change anything at a position like that, but it's definitely an option in my book to salvage your game plan.

Did Florida ever have the ball threatening to take the lead in the game outside of the last few seconds? No. So, where was that chance found yesterday? I felt very little anxiety throughout that game and that came from getting hungry with five minutes left in the first half.

Well anxiety hits people at different points, but you and I both felt we should have destroyed Florida. The first quarter is what I expected. The last three? Not at all. We made Emory Jones look like a five star quarterback that he was rated when no one else has allowed him to look that part. I only got concerned in the last ten minutes as I felt we lost the notion to compete, but for no other reason. Golding and Saban's plan on defense was not strong to say the least. I know you and I weren't the only ones expecting Emory Jones to run, but you would think so after what we saw yesterday.

I rewatched the game this morning and I don’t see after three weeks who is on our level. Even with mistakes we beat a really good Florida team. This isn’t sunshine pumping or crimson glasses.

I don’t understand the “Golding didn’t make any adjustments” thing because it’s not true. Players missed assignments and there were so so many missed tackles.

As @TerryP said there was never a point yesterday and even more so after watching it again where I was worried about the outcome

Well anxiety hits people at different points, but you and I both felt we should have destroyed Florida. The first quarter is what I expected. The last three? Not at all. We made Emory Jones look like a five star quarterback that he was rated when no one else has allowed him to look that part. I only got concerned in the last ten minutes as I felt we lost the notion to compete, but for no other reason. Golding and Saban's plan on defense was not strong to say the least. I know you and I weren't the only ones expecting Emory Jones to run, but you would think so after what we saw yesterday.
I feel more anxiety hitting a ball out of a trap on the fairway than I do watching games like yesterday. I guess it's what is in my control and what's isn't? 🤷‍♂️

I guess it's perspective? I don't know in that I can't judge how everyone else looks at things other than what they they write/say.

The first half wasn't too bad on defense; the second half not so much. As mentioned earlier, I point to rotation as one of the primary reasons. Fact is they were a couple of plays away from blowing Florida out of the water (in vein of expectations, style points people are accustomed to seeing.) The defense gave the team a chance to do that three times in the first half alone.

Back
Top Bottom