| FTBL Honest non bias look at this years team

I would really like to know what Nick's reaction was when he and the defensive coaches watched the tape of the UF game
On if there were any schematic issues defensively in the final three quarters of the game:

We didn't execute. I think maybe there was one time where we had a pressure on that they ran a speed option or something and we didn't have enough guys there. But it really came down to executing. They did some different things, but you've got to adapt to those things. At times we didn't do that very well. We weren't very aggressive.

We didn't get off the field on third down, especially in the second half. We had opportunities to get off the field and did not do it. They had a 99-yard drive where we had several opportunities to get off the field. We had a third and 19 and we didn't get off the field. So those are plays that you have to make in the game. So that's something that we just need to continue to work on.

On if there were any schematic issues defensively in the final three quarters of the game:

We didn't execute. I think maybe there was one time where we had a pressure on that they ran a speed option or something and we didn't have enough guys there. But it really came down to executing. They did some different things, but you've got to adapt to those things. At times we didn't do that very well. We weren't very aggressive.

We didn't get off the field on third down, especially in the second half. We had opportunities to get off the field and did not do it. They had a 99-yard drive where we had several opportunities to get off the field. We had a third and 19 and we didn't get off the field. So those are plays that you have to make in the game. So that's something that we just need to continue to work on.
When asked about his team’s execution: “I’m in favor of it.”...............John McKay

When watching the game film on Monday's you see what YOU actually did and not what you thought you did. I am a hardazz and that didn't start last week but #8 was pitiful. If I had anybody near his ability then they would be placed in his spot today. If you don't have somebody on that roster near his ability then you have failed at recruiting. It's either the Jimmy or Joe or the coaching. Nick is charged with both of them with Pete having a major part as well. I will be surprised if #42 doesn't get some minutes this week and I am not talking about trash time minutes.

Then again that is just me.

Back
Top Bottom