| FTBL Has MSU graduated from "Croomed" status??

Has MSU finally graduated from "Croomed" status??

• Total voters

Argo

Is it really fair to use the term "Croomed" anymore?

I know we held them to around 200 yards of total offense today and had some crucial turnovers, but they are getting good at capitalizing. I think they have 5 interception returns for touchdowns this year. They've also beat 3 ranked teams this year in Auburn, Alabama and Kentucky. They are also bowl eligible.

I don't know. I think Croom is doing a pretty good job at MSU. I don't see them being at the top of the SEC west, but I can see them getting a few wins every year they shouldn't.

So I ask. Is it fair to say "Croomed" anymore?

Croomed was coined by Shula getting sacked after our loss last year, so unless a coach gets fired b/c of a loss to Ms St I don't think it applies in the original concept. However, the media will continue to embrace the term since it makes a good line and I don't think anyone will lose a job over a Ms St loss this year.

flying Elephant said:
Croomed was coined by Shula getting sacked after our loss last year, so unless a coach gets fired b/c of a loss to Ms St I don't think it applies in the original concept. However, the media will continue to embrace the term since it makes a good line and I don't think anyone will lose a job over a Ms St loss this year.

I actually think it came when he beat Ron Zook in his first year. Zook was then fired. It was also mentioned last year when MSU beat Alabama and Shula was fired.

Either way, I've already heard the term used three times this year against teams who are not going to fire their coach at the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom