| FTBL Turning the page to South Florida…

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Jaylen Key (Instagram) provided a glimpse of one of the this evening’s protein selections for the team meal as they get ready for USF.

IMG_5544.jpeg

Also, something to file away for the game this weekend… USF head coach is Alex Golesh. Yes, the same guy who was Heupel’s offensive coordinator at Tennessee the last 2 years. Should give the defense a good practice test against an attack that gave them fits last year (yes, the talent discrepancy is W-I-D-E). Personally, I want to see how well the commutation is on the back end. Do we see a lot of confusion again, or do we see the calls getting made quickly/decisively and guys playing with confidence who aren’t getting lost in coverages? I’d imagine if you asked Saban, and he was truthful, he’d say he’s pretty happy with how this scheduled game worked out.

Jaylen Key (Instagram) provided a glimpse of one of the this evening’s protein selections for the team meal as they get ready for USF.

View attachment 25471

Also, something to file away for the game this weekend… USF head coach is Alex Golesh. Yes, the same guy who was Heupel’s offensive coordinator at Tennessee the last 2 years. Should give the defense a good practice test against an attack that gave them fits last year (yes, the talent discrepancy is W-I-D-E). Personally, I want to see how well the commutation is on the back end. Do we see a lot of confusion again, or do we see the calls getting made quickly/decisively and guys playing with confidence who aren’t getting lost in coverages? I’d imagine if you asked Saban, and he was truthful, he’d say he’s pretty happy with how this scheduled game worked out.
People may disagree, but this is a big game for us. Mainly mentally, getting confidence back after a loss is critical. This can be a game where players can get more refined fundamentally, and build off of these things to carry over into the next game, and hopefully.... the rest of the season. And I have to admit, I'm extremely nervous about this game. Not only about the QB situation, and what will happen with that in this game... but also defensively, I have faith in the ILB group(that was really the biggest bright spot in the Texas game to me), but the other groups I'm anxious about. They need to get better on the front, and the backend. Id love to see some other D-lineman get more opportunities, because the first group Saturday did not get it done. Maybe you remember, but did James Smith get any reps? Like I've said before, my eyes are usually always on the linebackers, so I'm not sure. Maybe seeing the other guys get more reps will finally make it click to them what the situation is.

View attachment 25471

These animal replica meals are becoming pretty god damn disturbing these days

People may disagree, but this is a big game for us. Mainly mentally, getting confidence back after a loss is critical. This can be a game where players can get more refined fundamentally, and build off of these things to carry over into the next game, and hopefully.... the rest of the season. And I have to admit, I'm extremely nervous about this game. Not only about the QB situation, and what will happen with that in this game... but also defensively, I have faith in the ILB group(that was really the biggest bright spot in the Texas game to me), but the other groups I'm anxious about. They need to get better on the front, and the backend. Id love to see some other D-lineman get more opportunities, because the first group Saturday did not get it done. Maybe you remember, but did James Smith get any reps? Like I've said before, my eyes are usually always on the linebackers, so I'm not sure. Maybe seeing the other guys get more reps will finally make it click to them what the situation is.
Cannot disagree.

CNS has still got it... He doesn't provide the politically correct lets not hurt peoples feelings and fans and explayers should be ashamed of themselves. Straight talk - we did not play well. Not getting the job done has consequences. Stop listening to the noise and work harder to get better and it will result in better performance. All details matter.... None of this coddling nonsense. Holds people accountable.

Back
Top Bottom