| FTBL Turning the page to South Florida…

Wow, that's a tight leash on a guy that has brought our university six National Championships in seventeen years. Who you think is gonna help you scratch that itch where Saban can't and as quick as you want it?
I'm not sure anyone will ever be as successful as Saban was. I just think it's time. The program has changed quite a bit over the last 3 years and is not trending in a positive direction, and as many on here have alluded to, the previous 2 years would have been much worse without a Heisman winning QB.

No. Just ready for a change.

I'm not sure anyone will ever be as successful as Saban was. I just think it's time. The program has changed quite a bit over the last 3 years and is not trending in a positive direction, and as many on here have alluded to, the previous 2 years would have been much worse without a Heisman winning QB.
Dude you're alone on this. Enjoy the ride while you still can. Saban has earned the right to decide when he wants to retire, not you or anyone else. This man is still capable of leading the team and let me tell you this. Be careful of what you wish for, because we're about to have dark days with the team after saban.

I don't understand how you can sit there and say it's not trending in positice way. Look at players from last year who's doing well in NFL this year.

Look at everything, not just the game itself.

While I agree things are different for us, they are also different for everyone. I think this is another situation Saban simply is forced to adapt to. He has always shown he has been capable of adapting, and this one is no different. Where the allure of playing for Saban was one no one could ever match, it's now about how much money can you put in our pockets, and unfortunately there are a lot of programs out there that can do that. Saban has reminded our fanbase they need our donations if we want to stay on top. not saying that's the only issue we have because our athletes are still Top 2 in the country along with Georgia, but he warned it was coming.

Dude you're alone on this. Enjoy the ride while you still can. Saban has earned the right to decide when he wants to retire, not you or anyone else. This man is still capable of leading the team and let me tell you this. Be careful of what you wish for, because we're about to have dark days with the team after saban.

I don't understand how you can sit there and say it's not trending in positice way. Look at players from last year who's doing well in NFL this year.

Look at everything, not just the game itself.
I'm sure I'm alone on it, and that's fine. He has earned a lot of slack when it comes to being replaced, but other than a going out on top type situation/retiring sooner than expected, that has to be a Byrne decision, if he feels the program is not where it needs to be.

How old are you? 60?
As a child you watched Coach Bryant.
As a young adult you saw Coach Stallings bring the program back
As an older adult we've seen titles...after titles...after titles...

But. Let's change things?

Appreciate where you are, old man.
Yes. I'm ready for a change. I appreciate what Saban has done, but I think his most successful days are behind him.

Yes. I'm ready for a change. I appreciate what Saban has done, but I think his most successful days are behind him.
And what happens when Saban wins 2 more championships next two three years? Would you feel stupid for saying that? I feel bad for folks like you, that really don't appreciate he has done for Alabama in a way most people will never experience again in their lifetime... You're definitely not going to get it....

Something tells me we're having a good road crowd this Saturday. A friend of mine just checked in at the B'ham airport on fb a few minutes ago. She said her flight is packed with Bama fans headed to Tampa.

And what happens when Saban wins 2 more championships next two three years? Would you feel stupid for saying that? I feel bad for folks like you, that really don't appreciate he has done for Alabama in a way most people will never experience again in their lifetime... You're definitely not going to get it....
Feel stupid for being wrong? Heck no. I'm wrong all the time. I'd love to see another national championship in the next couple of years, but I just don't see it happening.

I still remember Nov 16, 1996. That was when a cocky and arrogant dumb ass 24 year old rammerjammer (me) was pissed after Jackie Sherrill and Joe Lee Dunn gave Bama all she could handle in a 16-17 loss at Scott Field in front of 40k strong in Stark-vegas Mississippi. It was the Hay-Day of Spurrier and the Fun-n-Gun at UF and he was throwing the ball all over the place and scoring lemedy million points in the process. I remember that evening telling my dad, I was sick of Stallings and his running the ball constantly right, left, and up the middle. I also told him, I hope he retires or gets fired. I don't care, I just want to be excited about Alabama and our team................................................did I ever live to regret that statement. That team went 10-3 that year with an Iron Bowl victory and a win over Michigan in the bowl game. We all know what the next decade was for Bama. A bleak and horribly desperate time for our Beloved Crimson Tide.

For all you folks ready for Saban to ride off into the sunset. Remember Nov 16, 1996. I too am unhappy with a loss and feel as though something is not quite where it needs to be with Saban and our team, but I ain't about to wish anyone else be at the helm of this program.

Feel stupid for being wrong? Heck no. I'm wrong all the time. I'd love to see another national championship in the next couple of years, but I just don't see it happening.
Wanna
The last 3 years?

2022- Alabama should've got in over TCU for playoff.
2021- We lost because of injuries. No injuries, we would've won it all. We were better than Georgia that year.
2020- Won Championship.

Why are we playing assumption of what would've happened had Young didn't come to Alabama? I don't think it would've been worse. Look at the qB depth chart we had the last 2 years... they would've been serviceable.

Snakedoc, just let it go. Enjoy the ride and if you gonna be bitter about this, then go drink ginger juice and sit in the corner somewhere.

Wanna

The last 3 years?

2022- Alabama should've got in over TCU for playoff.
2021- We lost because of injuries. No injuries, we would've won it all. We were better than Georgia that year.
2020- Won Championship.

Why are we playing assumption of what would've happened had Young didn't come to Alabama? I don't think it would've been worse. Look at the qB depth chart we had the last 2 years... they would've been serviceable.

Snakedoc, just let it go. Enjoy the ride and if you gonna be bitter about this, then go drink ginger juice and sit in the corner somewhere.
The last 3 I was referring to were 23, 22, and 21- could've made that clearer.

I brought up Young because everyone fawns over how much worse our record would have been without him.

I quit enjoying the ride in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom