| FTBL Turning the page to South Florida…

And what happens when Saban wins 2 more championships next two three years? Would you feel stupid for saying that? I feel bad for folks like you, that really don't appreciate he has done for Alabama in a way most people will never experience again in their lifetime... You're definitely not going to get it....
That's a big maybe at this point

I still remember Nov 16, 1996. That was when a cocky and arrogant dumb ass 24 year old rammerjammer (me) was pissed after Jackie Sherrill and Joe Lee Dunn gave Bama all she could handle in a 16-17 loss at Scott Field in front of 40k strong in Stark-vegas Mississippi. It was the Hay-Day of Spurrier and the Fun-n-Gun at UF and he was throwing the ball all over the place and scoring lemedy million points in the process. I remember that evening telling my dad, I was sick of Stallings and his running the ball constantly right, left, and up the middle. I also told him, I hope he retires or gets fired. I don't care, I just want to be excited about Alabama and our team................................................did I ever live to regret that statement. That team went 10-3 that year with an Iron Bowl victory and a win over Michigan in the bowl game. We all know what the next decade was for Bama. A bleak and horribly desperate time for our Beloved Crimson Tide.

For all you folks ready for Saban to ride off into the sunset. Remember Nov 16, 1996. I too am unhappy with a loss and feel as though something is not quite where it needs to be with Saban and our team, but I ain't about to wish anyone else be at the helm of this program.
It was a bleak time. But if the NCAA doesn't absolutely debilitate us the way they did, we'd have been better off during that time. And that may not be saying much. But the NCAA TRYING their best to end Bama was the number one reason why things were just grim during that time

Last edited:
This isn't who sees reps in a blowout today. If Buchner gets hurt is the qualifier. It's sort of like the AJ/Star rotation behind Greg. While Milroe is "technically" #2, if #1 goes down he's still #2.
Any thoughts if this could have an impact on the chemistry of the team? Milroe is talented and he was not the only reason for the loss last Saturday. It seems like his teamates really like him but surely they know we have to get better play at that position along with several others (LT is one of those).

Any thoughts if this could have an impact on the chemistry of the team? Milroe is talented and he was not the only reason for the loss last Saturday. It seems like his teamates really like him but surely they know we have to get better play at that position along with several others (LT is one of those).
But I guess that if you are not the “only reason “, then you need to understand that you are a reason & there’s a good chance you might be replaced.

But I guess that if you are not the “only reason “, then you need to understand that you are a reason & there’s a good chance you might be replaced.
Agree, Milroe has to do his job as does everyone else. With that said ALL QB's are average when they get as much passrush as Milroe got last Satruday. So much for that so lets move forward and see if we can get improvement this week in all areas of the team.

Back
Top Bottom