| NEWS Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Nike stock on a tear. Up almost $2 per share today.

Tesla on a tear as well simply due to one trader saying "buy". And that was after Musk smoking pot on Joe Rogan's podcast and two executives leaving and the stock dropping like Nike did. The stock market is just up and down until the real numbers hit, and that's all that matters, not anything else in between.

So you're saying the market fluctuates? Thanks.

Nike will do well long-term. The difference between Nike and Tesla is that one company makes shitloads of money and the other is Tesla.

No, I'm saying one day of gains does not tell the story you're attempting to portray.

That's odd... I seem to recall a TON of people - those on this very thread included - that felt like one day of a stock drop told the whole story.

This whole situation baffles me. Everyone that has an opinion on this and has ever bought Nike gear is a hypocrite (myself included). Nike has essentially used slave labor for decades and the masses (again, myself included) have bought billions of dollars worth of their products. Easy to put it out of our mind when we can’t see it. There should have been an awakening before dipshit made a commercial about “sacrifice”.
For the record: I think Kaepernick is a fraud and I don’t agree with his message or method but I truly believe he has every right to do it.

This dude is going to tell others what they can wear? Makes you wonder if he's annexed parts of the city as official "white flight" zones.

i don't think he's trying to tell others what they can wear; just that they won't allow the purchase or use of any nike products at the city's booster clubs and recreation departments....meaning they won't buy anything made by nike or with the nike logo on it, using city (i.e., taxpayer) money. he goes on to say that citizens are allowed to wear nike products. so i'm guessing if they're purchased with their own money, they're totally allowed to wear whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want.

there's also been a college that has dropped their use of nike products...across the board.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/college-of-the-ozarks-drops-nike-colin-kaepernick-trnd/index.html

This dude is going to tell others what they can wear? Makes you wonder if he's annexed parts of the city as official "white flight" zones.

i don't think he's trying to tell others what they can wear; just that they won't allow the purchase or use of any nike products at the city's booster clubs and recreation departments....meaning they won't buy anything made by nike or with the nike logo on it, using city (i.e., taxpayer) money. he goes on to say that citizens are allowed to wear nike products. so i'm guessing if they're purchased with their own money, they're totally allowed to wear whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want.

there's also been a college that has dropped their use of nike products...across the board.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/us/college-of-the-ozarks-drops-nike-colin-kaepernick-trnd/index.html

So, the citizens don't get a say in it and "conservatives" are okay with that. Boy, this whole situation sure shines a light on people.

Have you guys noticed with all these multi quotes that follow us around in every discussion that you are quoting people who have many different perspectives and viewpoints? Half the time you are wondering if the person posting is talking to you when he is not. Was wondering why we went to this format?

Have you guys noticed with all these multi quotes that follow us around in every discussion that you are quoting people who have many different perspectives and viewpoints? Half the time you are wondering if the person posting is talking to you when he is not. Was wondering why we went to this format?

It is very annoying. It notifies you even if someone is quoting another person (that quoted you earlier).

I get that one has the freedom to do practically anything they want but my stance is and always will be that if you don’t love this country and stand for the national anthem then get the eff out! Now, can we just get back to Bama sports?

I get that one has the freedom to do practically anything they want but my stance is and always will be that if you don’t love this country and stand for the national anthem then get the eff out! Now, can we just get back to Bama sports?

There are a lot of people who think you can do both. See what you started?

Because I tried it...

I've got it "on my list" to switch the default so it'll show last post first...not sure If that's in my wheelhouse or not.

It is very annoying. It notifies you even if someone is quoting another person (that quoted you earlier).

So, what is your pull with the higher-ups?

My pull is bitching to @TerryP and hoping he fixes it :rolf:
Careful now...don't want to make me send you to PayPal every other click here, do ya? You remember that Texas guy that was talking crap a few years ago? I can't remember where I sent him...seems like I redirected him to a Okie State site every other click here.

Because I tried it...

I've got it "on my list" to switch the default so it'll show last post first...not sure If that's in my wheelhouse or not.

So, what is your pull with the higher-ups?

My pull is bitching to @TerryP and hoping he fixes it :rolf:
Careful now...don't want to make me send you to PayPal every other click here, do ya? You remember that Texas guy that was talking crap a few years ago? I can't remember where I sent him...seems like I redirected him to a Okie State site every other click here.

Concerning post #178, there is no doubt you are talking to me directly and I'm thinking you pulled a sweep and click to get the single quote based on the original tutorial you gave all of us at the beginning of the new change in format. To that I have to honestly say, I instantly feel much closer to you and I sense a more complete bond that will be sure to pay many more dividends on down the line on many other future discussions between us.

However, on post #179, it is less clear who is getting the somewhat veiled, verbal retort. My guess is @BamaBoyJosh because he is, well, @BamaBoyJosh. At this point in the discussion, it makes sense to just go off the assumption I'm much more likable and that should be enough to keep your quotes in context this time. But I was thinking, suppose your next quote is someone you like almost as much as me? That definitely muddies the water and we're right back to the multi-quote dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom