| NEWS Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Not stepping on my toes. I just think you're very ignorant to believe everyone doesn't experience some sort of racism or injustice in life. It's not just one color, culture, or specific person, everyone is systematically abused by everyone. "Fat" people get made fun of, "ugly" people get made fun of, "white" people get made fun of, "colored" people get made fun of. White people get passed for jobs, black people get passed for jobs, people of certain cultures get passed by for certain jobs. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's not for you or anyone else to say who is more oppressed, because you don't know the entire story and neither does anyone else. Keep trying to belittle the rest of us as racist, propping yourself up as the guy that is the most level headed and open your eyes to the world around you and that we are all cruel to one another, not just specific people.

There are a lot of people doing a lot of bad things in the world. How does that tie in with Kaepernick's proactive concerns with police injustice?

Lots of people spend their time and money on trying to save the whales, fight poverty, protect the trees, work in soup kitchens, fight child abuse, belong to MADD, fight racism of all colors, nationalities, fight religious intolerance, saving the school systems, and on and on it goes.

Seldom have I see any activist who tried to fight it all at the same time. What would you get done? It's usually something close to their heart and could be life's circumstances that are spurring them on with their time and money.

Not stepping on my toes. I just think you're very ignorant to believe everyone doesn't experience some sort of racism or injustice in life. It's not just one color, culture, or specific person, everyone is systematically abused by everyone. "Fat" people get made fun of, "ugly" people get made fun of, "white" people get made fun of, "colored" people get made fun of. White people get passed for jobs, black people get passed for jobs, people of certain cultures get passed by for certain jobs. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's not for you or anyone else to say who is more oppressed, because you don't know the entire story and neither does anyone else. Keep trying to belittle the rest of us as racist, propping yourself up as the guy that is the most level headed and open your eyes to the world around you and that we are all cruel to one another, not just specific people.

There are a lot of people doing a lot of bad things in the world. How does that tie in with Kaepernick's proactive concerns with police injustice?

Lots of people spend their time and money on trying to save the whales, fight poverty, protect the trees, work in soup kitchens, fight child abuse, belong to MADD, fight racism of all colors, nationalities, fight religious intolerance, saving the school systems, and on and on it goes.

Seldom have I see any activist who tried to fight it all at the same time. What would you get done? It's usually something close to their heart and could be life's circumstances that are spurring them on with their time and money.

Proactive? Pretty sure he has not been proactive at all. He jumped in when he had nothing else to do. I don't consider his pig socks being proactive. To me, that is him buying into the complete opposite narrative for what he was trying to freaking push. This whole thing is simply convenient for him. He sure as hell wasn't kneeling in college or as a rookie or a second year guy. He made his millions off a system he claims is against him. THEN he decided to take a stand. Kudos to him for using the system to his advantage, making his millions, and now finding time for his cause, but you and Nike holding him as a living martyr just doesn't make sense. I'm not going to change your mind or anyone else's here, but my opinion has been stated on the matter and I can go to bed at night knowing I treat people with respect and that I'm not buying into all this divisive bullshit, even though I may believe one side more than the other. I can respect everyone and still have my beliefs, that is possible you know.

Some people seriously need to reevaluate their lives. If someone doing something that you dont like, that isn't hurting you (or anyone else) in any way, shape or form, drives you to spew pure hate you have some underlying shit deep down inside you that you need to take a long look at. This whole thing is so bizarre. FOR YEARS I look around at football games and I see people talking during the anthem, sitting, playing a video game, eating and no one gives a shit. A guy takes a knee during the anthem to protest something, whether you believe it or, and THAT is what drives you to spew such hate? It's bizarre. Donald Trump himself used to curse out assistants and give interviews (while sitting by the way) during the anthem when he owned a USFL team. I honestly dont know if its fake patriotism, hatred for someone darker complected, someone bringing up something you aren't comfortable with talking about or a combination of it all but good lord.

People on an Alabama discussion board spewing hate towards a black man will surprise no one I guess, but it’s still discouraging. Trump makes it an issue for obvious reasons. His goal is to divide us, and it works. We’re supposed to believe the guy with 5 deferments gives a shit if the military is disrespected? Not a chance. But his minions eat it up and get angrier with every idiotic tweet. It’s sad actually.

I get that people feel he could have chosen a more proper way to protest, but one should never ever tell another person how they should protest. And if you ever feel the need to say “I’m not a racist but.....”, it’s tIme to step back and take a hard self-evaluation.

There’s a lost of holier-than-here. Burn y
Some people seriously need to reevaluate their lives. If someone doing something that you dont like, that isn't hurting you (or anyone else) in any way, shape or form, drives you to spew pure hate you have some underlying shit deep down inside you that you need to take a long look at. This whole thing is so bizarre. FOR YEARS I look around at football games and I see people talking during the anthem, sitting, playing a video game, eating and no one gives a shit. A guy takes a knee during the anthem to protest something, whether you believe it or, and THAT is what drives you to spew such hate? It's bizarre. Donald Trump himself used to curse out assistants and give interviews (while sitting by the way) during the anthem when he owned a USFL team. I honestly dont know if its fake patriotism, hatred for someone darker complected, someone bringing up something you aren't comfortable with talking about or a combination of it all but good lord.

1) Fake injustices that have been debunked over and over again by federal crimestatistics.

2) He simply used the "protest" to keep his name in the media BECAUSE HE GOT FUCKING BENCHED BECAUSE HE COULDN'T ONE HOP A FUCKING 5 YARD OUT. And the media ate his shtick like a wormy dog eats shit.

If he REALLY gave a rat's ass, he'd be OUT IN THE STREETS organizing or donating his time to worthy causes. Not doing something controversial and polarizing just to stay relevant when his sorry ass got benched.

He's an opportunistic attention whore, and that's it. He's not legitimately protesting anything. Nor are any of the other kneelers. What kind of ACTIONS are they taking to make the world a better place other than during that national anthem? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

People on an Alabama board spewing hate towards a black man. I for one am shocked!

1) KAEPER-DICK isn't even black.

2) protesting fake "oppression" while promoting REAL oppression by wearing pro-communist Castro t-shirts at pressers is just a weeeeeeeee bit 2-faced, dontyathink?

I'm hating on him because he sucked as a QB and jinned up a way to keep his name in the media. Pure opportunist. He didn't "sacrifice" JACK-DICK. But the leftist media and corporations like Nike are eating up his nonsense like maggots eat cow shit. I am in NO WAY hating on him because of whatever mixed color he is.

But you and other leftists automatically throw out "muhhhh WAY-SISS!" anytime someone vehemently disagrees with a non-white's ACTIONS. I vehemently disagreed with Bill Clinton, AND his wife Killary. But because I also disagreed with and hated Obumma's policies, I'm a racist, right?

No leg to stand on argumentatively, so just throw out race when you have nothing substantive to counter-argue. Typical. I also happen to like naturally-born women, but I guess that makes me "cis-bigot trans/homo phobic patriarchal male", right?

I highly doubt this will have any affect on those that spew nothing but hate and anger but maybe some that can at least listen and respect others opinions might take something from it...

Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.

Aug 20th, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.

Aug 26th, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with a level of vitriol unseen against an athlete. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag (of a country) that didn't treat people of color fairly.

Then on on Aug 30th, 2016 Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.

Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...
He listened.

In his letter, Mr. Boyer writes:
"I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.
Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, I’m trying to listen to what you’re saying and why you’re doing it."

Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and it’s just not helping anyone or anything. So I’m just going to keep listening, with an open mind. I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."

Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated.

Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90 minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.

But why kneel? In a military funeral, after the flag is taken off the casket of the fallen military member, it is smartly folded 13 times and then presented to the parents, spouse or child of the fallen member by a fellow service member while KNEELING. The two decided that kneeling for the flag would symbolize his reverence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice while still allowing Colin to peacefully protest the injustices he saw.

Empathy, not zealotry under the guise of patriotism, is the only way meaningful discussion can be had. Mr. Kaepernick listened to all of you that say he disrespects the military and extended an olive branch to find a peace.

When will America listen to him?

We can all learn from this backstory. The truth often lies in the middle. Seek to learn the opposing side's point.

People on an Alabama discussion board spewing hate towards a black man will surprise no one I guess, but it’s still discouraging. Trump makes it an issue for obvious reasons. His goal is to divide us, and it works. We’re supposed to believe the guy with 5 deferments gives a shit if the military is disrespected? Not a chance. But his minions eat it up and get angrier with every idiotic tweet. It’s sad actually.

I get that people feel he could have chosen a more proper way to protest, but one should never ever tell another person how they should protest. And if you ever feel the need to say “I’m not a racist but.....”, it’s tIme to step back and take a hard self-evaluation.

1) Fake injustices that have been debunked over and over again by federal crimestatistics.

2) He simply used the "protest" to keep his name in the media BECAUSE HE GOT FUCKING BENCHED BECAUSE HE COULDN'T ONE HOP A FUCKING 5 YARD OUT. And the media ate his shtick like a wormy dog eats shit.

If he REALLY gave a rat's ass, he'd be OUT IN THE STREETS organizing or donating his time to worthy causes. Not doing something controversial and polarizing just to stay relevant when his sorry ass got benched.

He's an opportunistic attention whore, and that's it. He's not legitimately protesting anything. Nor are any of the other kneelers. What kind of ACTIONS are they taking to make the world a better place other than during that national anthem? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

People on an Alabama board spewing hate towards a black man. I for one am shocked!

You are the racist/ hater here as far as I can tell. Please name one thing Trump has done to be a racist or to divide? That is asinine and just someone regurgitating what they heard on CNN or MSNBC. Trump isn't racially dividing anyone. Black unemployment has never been lower, there are less black people on welfare than ever before but he hates black people?. Strange.

Please close your ears to all media and use your eyes and brain to think about what is going on. I am from the media and I promise they are all corrupt as they are all in business to sell advertising. Nothing less and nothing more. All of them pander to their advertising base. Don't be the sheep that just follow along.. use your own mind and don't be pushed into something because someone else screams about it.

Since Trump took office black men pay lower taxes, have more jobs, less unemployment, have reduced their dependence on government assistance, own more homes and businesses. He has done this while fighting the entire democratic party and the media over every step. So please, explain how he is a racist or how he is trying to divide us. The left and the media are the dividing force and they hope you are dumb enough to not open your eyes and think for yourself. So far they are right.

Please read about the president who dreamed up welfare and why he did it. Which party he represented and which one black people blindly follow even though they have kept your masses on welfare, out of college and out of owning businesses. If you are willing to look, read and listen.. you may change your stance.. or just close your eyes and follow the other sheep.

The only thing I discriminate against is stupid people.. color doesn't matter but I do get tired of this stupid rhetoric that somehow everyone who supports the military, capitalism and religion is a racist.. it's how and why our country was founded.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

You are the racist/ hater here as far as I can tell. Please name one thing Trump has done to be a racist or to divide? That is asinine and just someone regurgitating what they heard on CNN or MSNBC. Trump isn't racially dividing anyone. Black unemployment has never been lower, there are less black people on welfare than ever before but he hates black people?. Strange.

Please close your ears to all media and use your eyes and brain to think about what is going on. I am from the media and I promise they are all corrupt as they are all in business to sell advertising. Nothing less and nothing more. All of them pander to their advertising base. Don't be the sheep that just follow along.. use your own mind and don't be pushed into something because someone else screams about it.

Since Trump took office black men pay lower taxes, have more jobs, less unemployment, have reduced their dependence on government assistance, own more homes and businesses. He has done this while fighting the entire democratic party and the media over every step. So please, explain how he is a racist or how he is trying to divide us. The left and the media are the dividing force and they hope you are dumb enough to not open your eyes and think for yourself. So far they are right.

Please read about the president who dreamed up welfare and why he did it. Which party he represented and which one black people blindly follow even though they have kept your masses on welfare, out of college and out of owning businesses. If you are willing to look, read and listen.. you may change your stance.. or just close your eyes and follow the other sheep.

The only thing I discriminate against is stupid people.. color doesn't matter but I do get tired of this stupid rhetoric that somehow everyone who supports the military, capitalism and religion is a racist.. it's how and why our country was founded.
giphy.webp

529F0E8E-E56D-4B66-BBA5-FC1545C7B65D.png

Maybe if the hole thing wasn’t publicized by a person who has a clear bias it would have been received a little better . Even Steven A. Smith said it was counterproductive and that if the players really cared they should take their day off and have a march on the White House for the cause .

As a minority male of mixed ethnicity (like Colin Kaepernick), I understand both sides of this debate. I understand the frustration of being treated less than human, while being called the N-Word more times than I care to recollect. I understand the frustration of wanting to just belong and be judged on my character despite the color of my skin. I too have been harassed and had guns drawn on me by those that vowed to protect and serve. As a healthcare provider, I have watched innocent Americans, both Black and White, assaulted up for standing for a principle and the police brag about how hard the hit or slammed them to the ground. I have heard those that have vowed to protect and serve express their desire to hurt people. This is an unfortunate side of a harsh reality that most all Americans face and it crosses all boundaries of race and nationality. Why, because its bigger than those things. As a country, we have lost sight of GOD and the teachings provided to us. Matthew 22:37-39 states” Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.This is the first and great commandment.And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” This is one of the fundamental principles I carry with me everyday. I respect those that come through the doors of my hospital, despite the color of their skin, or the harsh words they may call me. I treat them with compassion and understanding because that's what they deserve despite our differences. And there lies part of the fundamental breakdown of our society. As a society, we are quick to judge, attack and condemn those that differ from our own beliefs. We put them in a nice neat little box because that’s where they belong. Doing such is so much easier than trying to understand or entertain their reason why.

I have treated and had conversation with gang members, neo-nazis, skinheads, muslims and black panthers. I’ve felt the hate and disdain for me as I walked into those rooms, but not once have they not shook my hand and thanked me for helping them. Even a regional leader of the kkk said thank you doctor before he exited the room. Why? I would like to think its because I treated them with the respect and compassion that every human being deserves. Guys, we can’t change the world over night, but we can make a positive impact on those around use. Every police officer is not bad. Every person of a different color, religion or ideology is not bad. And those that seem to differ from us merely have a different view of the world that has likely been shaped by an experience. The young men that represent our beloved teams merely have a platform to express their emotions. Is it the right platform? Probably not, but we can’t expect these guys to ‘just shut up and play football.’ They are often criticized and villainized for not being positive roles models, but when some decide to bring attention to a cause that they believe in, they are attacked. I’m not sure what the answer, but doesn’t this world have enough hate and disdain in it? I have my views about all this, but instead of using my voice to divide the people of this great nation, I will continue speak for unity and understanding. Because at the end of the day its so much easier to respect a person and potentially show him or her a different prospective than preach division and hate.

I know lot of fun is being had in this thread and I enjoy it. That said, you know some of you are going against what our glorious leader, The Emperor of CFB, the Nicktator, has to say on the subject, right? He was asked about it and he said he does not see it as the players disrespecting the veterans, which is what they have also said. It is protesting police brutality. He just thinks it is being overblown and taken out of context. I agree with him, FWIW.

I know lot of fun is being had in this thread and I enjoy it. That said, you know some of you are going against what our glorious leader, The Emperor of CFB, the Nicktator, has to say on the subject, right? He was asked about it and he said he does not see it as the players disrespecting the veterans, which is what they have also said. It is protesting police brutality. He just thinks it is being overblown and taken out of context. I agree with him, FWIW.

I served for anyone to conduct themselves as they see fit. I am in disagreement with everything the government has done since the end of WW2. I served the American people not the government. This guy was just being an attention whore and Trump jumped on it because he is the same. All of these things are used to deflect attention and divide the people.

Back
Top Bottom