| NEWS Colin Kaepernick part of Nike's 30th anniversary of 'Just Do It' campaign

Some people seriously need to reevaluate their lives. If someone doing something that you dont like, that isn't hurting you (or anyone else) in any way, shape or form, drives you to spew pure hate you have some underlying shit deep down inside you that you need to take a long look at. This whole thing is so bizarre. FOR YEARS I look around at football games and I see people talking during the anthem, sitting, playing a video game, eating and no one gives a shit. A guy takes a knee during the anthem to protest something, whether you believe it or, and THAT is what drives you to spew such hate? It's bizarre. Donald Trump himself used to curse out assistants and give interviews (while sitting by the way) during the anthem when he owned a USFL team. I honestly dont know if its fake patriotism, hatred for someone darker complected, someone bringing up something you aren't comfortable with talking about or a combination of it all but good lord.

Some people seriously need to reevaluate their lives. If someone doing something that you dont like, that isn't hurting you (or anyone else) in any way, shape or form, drives you to spew pure hate you have some underlying shit deep down inside you that you need to take a long look at. This whole thing is so bizarre. FOR YEARS I look around at football games and I see people talking during the anthem, sitting, playing a video game, eating and no one gives a shit. A guy takes a knee during the anthem to protest something, whether you believe it or, and THAT is what drives you to spew such hate? It's bizarre. Donald Trump himself used to curse out assistants and give interviews (while sitting by the way) during the anthem when he owned a USFL team. I honestly dont know if its fake patriotism, hatred for someone darker complected, someone bringing up something you aren't comfortable with talking about or a combination of it all but good lord.
I think people find it sickening and disgusting that of all the “willing to sacrifice no matter the cost” thing with Kap is what has everybody pissed off. He didn’t sacrifice anything, period point blank. He took a stand then opted out of a contract then he was offered a contract by the Broncos and turned that down and now he has a lawsuit. The dude is a tool. I’ve got no issues with his kneeling (as I said earlier that’s his right), but Nike wanting to do something about sacrifice no matter the cost chose this idiot instead of somebody that actually sacrificed.

I think what this boils down to (much like everything these days) is a self-first attitude and unwillingness to compromise or try to understand a differing viewpoint. Kaepernick’s original intent was to draw attention to the plight of perceived racial inequality when it came to African-Americans and the excessive use of police force. Everyone can admit during that time frame there were a lot of news stories dominating the front pages and many of them probably did need people to pay attention and maybe work together to set things right. The problem arose with how to draw attention. The minute he chose to do it during the national anthem it became a bigger issue revolving around respect and patriotism. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND IS AGAINST THE MILITARY, VETERANS, THE FLAG OF THE USA, OR OUR NATION. That’s just stupid. As soon as his narrative was co-opted and tied to that, he should have ended it or changed it to another form of protest (maybe coming out at the half and kneeling - I don’t know). Nope. Instead everyone doubled down on their viewpoint being the absolute only one that was right and any dissension is a moronic argument. Both sides have culpability in how far this whole ridiculous show has gotten. I’ll be glad when they drop it and move on to the next nationally divided tragedy. Everyone is repressed. Everyone is brave. I woke up this morning and went about living a life - I’m a hero.

1) Fake injustices that have been debunked over and over again by federal crimestatistics.

2) He simply used the "protest" to keep his name in the media BECAUSE HE GOT FUCKING BENCHED BECAUSE HE COULDN'T ONE HOP A FUCKING 5 YARD OUT. And the media ate his shtick like a wormy dog eats shit.

If he REALLY gave a rat's ass, he'd be OUT IN THE STREETS organizing or donating his time to worthy causes. Not doing something controversial and polarizing just to stay relevant when his sorry ass got benched.

He's an opportunistic attention whore, and that's it. He's not legitimately protesting anything. Nor are any of the other kneelers. What kind of ACTIONS are they taking to make the world a better place other than during that national anthem? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

1) Fake injustices that have been debunked over and over again by federal crimestatistics.

2) He simply used the "protest" to keep his name in the media BECAUSE HE GOT FUCKING BENCHED BECAUSE HE COULDN'T ONE HOP A FUCKING 5 YARD OUT. And the media ate his shtick like a wormy dog eats shit.

If he REALLY gave a rat's ass, he'd be OUT IN THE STREETS organizing or donating his time to worthy causes. Not doing something controversial and polarizing just to stay relevant when his sorry ass got benched.

He's an opportunistic attention whore, and that's it. He's not legitimately protesting anything. Nor are any of the other kneelers. What kind of ACTIONS are they taking to make the world a better place other than during that national anthem? NADA. ZIP. ZILCH.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

Pretty much nothing you said was true...

I'm not even going to touch No. 1 becasue we've been here and it's like talking to a wall.

No. 2, is completely untrue, too. He got benched for shit play and then he competed for the starting job in 2016. He lost but then was named started about 5 games in and had one of his best years. He opted out of his deal with the Niners who wanted to keep him.

And then when you go on to rant about how he isn't "donating his time or organizing" despite the fact that the dude has done countless charities, donated more than a million dollars, etc. (Including to organizations that help homeless vets) despite the fact that I'm 1000% sure that this FACT has been said directly to YOU on this very site is unreal.

All of these guys that you claim are doing "nothing," almost to a man have donated money, started charities/foundations, donated books, money, supplies, etc. to schools, helped with disaster relief. You know how hard it would have been for you to find that out? A 30 second google search but you would rather spew nothing but flat out HATE about someone you're mad at for kneeling. Not only that you're mad that a shoe company is using him as a spokesperson. All of the screwed up things in this world and THAT is what makes you so irate? Get a grip on reality.

You replied to my comment, despite the fact that I didn't name you OR quote you, because you're 100% one of those people. I'm sorry you have so much hate, man and I really hope one day you don't. That shit is fucking toxic.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

Pretty much nothing you said was true...

I'm not even going to touch No. 1 becasue we've been here and it's like talking to a wall.

No. 2, is completely untrue, too. He got benched for shit play and then he competed for the starting job in 2016. He lost but then was named started about 5 games in and had one of his best years. He opted out of his deal with the Niners who wanted to keep him.

And then when you go on to rant about how he isn't "donating his time or organizing" despite the fact that the dude has done countless charities, donated more than a million dollars, etc. (Including to organizations that help homeless vets) despite the fact that I'm 1000% sure that this FACT has been said directly to YOU on this very site is unreal.

All of these guys that you claim are doing "nothing," almost to a man have donated money, started charities/foundations, donated books, money, supplies, etc. to schools, helped with disaster relief. You know how hard it would have been for you to find that out? A 30 second google search but you would rather spew nothing but flat out HATE about someone you're mad at for kneeling. Not only that you're mad that a shoe company is using him as a spokesperson. All of the screwed up things in this world and THAT is what makes you so irate? Get a grip on reality.

You replied to my comment, despite the fact that I didn't name you OR quote you, because you're 100% one of those people. I'm sorry you have so much hate, man and I really hope one day you don't. That shit is fucking toxic.
Hate? You bet.

I hate ANY ONE that hates MY country.

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

This, in a nutshell. He’s not doing this for anyone but himself, which should be painfully obvious, but apparently quite a few people lack common sense nowadays. It’s like all the other soapbox nonsense with politicians - gun control, abortion - real or otherwise, they aren’t interested in solving problems, only profiting off them.

Kap’s Future in the NFL wasn’t bright, so he did what he thought would be best for his situation. And since he lacks talent in everything else, and never had any work ethic, he went for low hanging fruit.

He just miscalculated on how fast it would effect his NFL career.

People on an Alabama discussion board spewing hate towards a black man will surprise no one I guess, but it’s still discouraging. Trump makes it an issue for obvious reasons. His goal is to divide us, and it works. We’re supposed to believe the guy with 5 deferments gives a shit if the military is disrespected? Not a chance. But his minions eat it up and get angrier with every idiotic tweet. It’s sad actually.

I get that people feel he could have chosen a more proper way to protest, but one should never ever tell another person how they should protest. And if you ever feel the need to say “I’m not a racist but.....”, it’s tIme to step back and take a hard self-evaluation.

There’s a lost of holier-than-here. Burn y

Point..

Blank..

End of discussion.

People on an Alabama board spewing hate towards a black man. I for one am shocked!

@ColAngus, divided long before that clown Trump came along. The division started really showing with the dawn of the welfare state. When you rob half the country to support the other half and pay for policing the globe, it is only a matter of time before it comes to a head. Trumps base has been called racist, deplorable, unwashed, etc.
They could be more accurately described as disenfranchised and fed up.

Right, the plight of the American white male has been full of suffering and oppression. It's high time this conspiracy to keep the white man down ended! We're fed up!

.....and another view might be the divisions grew wider when a black man was elected president. Racism has always been there, in the underbelly of America, but his election caused much of it to resurface. Trump has just made it acceptable.

Right, the plight of the American white male has been full of suffering and oppression. It's high time this conspiracy to keep the white man down ended! We're fed up!

.....and another view might be the divisions grew wider when a black man was elected president. Racism has always been there, in the underbelly of America, but his election caused much of it to resurface. Trump has just made it acceptable.

Sounds like you want an apology or reparations. You have an issue with other opinions, but you're sure throwing yours out there like it's the absolute truth and you have it all figured out. So should no one have any issues with what you're posting here? You're making a point to say poor white folks, but others have been saying poor black folks, so who is wrong? Is either right or wrong, or could everyone technically be facing injustice in some way shape or form? You just seem to think your opinion is more right than others and that your side is more justified. Well everyone feels more justified, not just one side.

Sounds like you want an apology or reparations. You have an issue with other opinions, but you're sure throwing yours out there like it's the absolute truth and you have it all figured out. So should no one have any issues with what you're posting here?

Sounds like a stepped on a toe or two. Again, I'm not surprised.

No, I'm not looking for an apology or reparations. And yes, you can have any opinion you like.

I'll read your article. You read mine. If you're not familiar with Wendell Berry, I recommend checking him out.

Wendell Berry: The new racism embodied in total contempt for Obama

Now, I'm going to take my own advice and refrain from political discussions on an Alabama board. I love the team; I don't love the politics (see Roy Moore for an example).

Sounds like you want an apology or reparations. You have an issue with other opinions, but you're sure throwing yours out there like it's the absolute truth and you have it all figured out. So should no one have any issues with what you're posting here?

Sounds like a stepped on a toe or two. Again, I'm not surprised.

No, I'm not looking for an apology or reparations. And yes, you can have any opinion you like.

I'll read your article. You read mine. If you're not familiar with Wendell Berry, I recommend checking him out.

Wendell Berry: The new racism embodied in total contempt for Obama

Now, I'm going to take my own advice and refrain from political discussions on an Alabama board. I love the team; I don't love the politics (see Roy Moore for an example).

Not stepping on my toes. I just think you're very ignorant to believe everyone doesn't experience some sort of racism or injustice in life. It's not just one color, culture, or specific person, everyone is systematically abused by everyone. "Fat" people get made fun of, "ugly" people get made fun of, "white" people get made fun of, "colored" people get made fun of. White people get passed for jobs, black people get passed for jobs, people of certain cultures get passed by for certain jobs. It's all in the eye of the beholder. It's not for you or anyone else to say who is more oppressed, because you don't know the entire story and neither does anyone else. Keep trying to belittle the rest of us as racist, propping yourself up as the guy that is the most level headed and open your eyes to the world around you and that we are all cruel to one another, not just specific people.

Back
Top Bottom