| MBB/WBB Coaching Carousel: Calipari to take over the Arkansas program. [Updated with Oats statement]

Word is starting to leak out on what I view as a pretty major flex by Oats... he's about to secure substantial facility upgrades for his program, something he had previously requested and has been in the early planning stages.
I heard this a little differently though the end result is the same. It's still part of the same picture.
As far as a new arena, it is still on the table, but this likely pushes it back a little more (while also complimenting it)... but at some point, barring a major change in direction, a new arena will come to fruition as well.
Backtracking: things that Byrne and Oats know can't coexist today: a new arena, keeping the facilities at their best, and the NIL. We've talked about this a few times.

With all that in mind I understood that was a part of Byrne's package for Oats at the contract re-negotiations. As both are planning for the facilities, their focus is on the NIL, and here's where we are (paraphrasing Byrne.) We've known all along GB has a knack for raising money.

The law of St. Nick
“You shop, We shop”
If I was AD, his ass would be smoking ..He does this every year..
And then there's the actual contract that both parties followed.
  • He told them he was talking to Arkansas. He fulfilled his contractual obligation to do so.
  • Lifetime contract is a misnomer. He signed a 10 year deal with the option to move into an Ambassador role (just like Spurrier at Florida.)
  • There was no fine print he didn't follow.

Back
Top Bottom