| FTBL 2023-24 COACHING CAROUSEL UPDATE

Teams
OUT
In
ANALYSIS
TAMU
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Elko
Fisher was fired after posting a 45-25 record in six seasons with the Aggies. He's owed over $77 million to be paid out through 2021.
Michigan St.
Mel Tucker (cause)
Jonathan Smith
Tucker was fired in September amid allegations of sexual harassment. He was 20-14 in four seasons with the Spartans.
Miss State
Zach Arnett
Jeff Lebby
Arnett was fired after posting a 5-6 record with the Bulldogs in his first full season after taking over for the late Mike Leach.
Northwestern
Pat Fitzgerald (cause)
David Braun
Fitzgerald was dismissed after an investigation revealed a culture of hazing within the program. He was 110-101 in 17 seasons leading the Wildcats.
Boise
Andy Avalos
Avalos was let go after 10 games in the 2023 season. He was 22-14 in three seasons leading the Broncos.
SDSU
Brady Hoke (retired)
Sean Lewis
Hoke was 39-30 in two stints with Aztecs (2009-10, 2020-23). He was 104-90 overall as a head coach with stops at Ball State (2003-08), Michigan (2011-14) and as an interim coach at Tennessee (2017).
Syracuse
Dino Barber
Fran Brown
Babers, 62, has been at Syracuse for eight seasons, posting an overall record of 41-55 with two bowl appearances.
New Mexico
Danny Gonzales
Fired
Indiana
Tom Allen
Curt Cignetti
Fired
Duke
Mike Elko
Elko hired at TAMU
UL Monroe
Terry Bowden
Fired, just like his Dad
Houston
Dana Holgorsen
MTSU
Rick Stockstill
UC Davis
Dan Hawkins
Oregon St
Jonathan Smith
Trey Bray
Indiana
Curt Cignetti

Last edited:
I think it will bite them in the ass, but they probably KNOW they're about to be hit with some kinda bs from the NCAA and they're wanting a bridge coach to keep some of the team together.
He has very little coordinator experience, which is a red flag. I question whether he's ready for a full-time HC job. Hope they wallow in mediocrity for the next fifty years.

Just saw where Jarret McElwain Scouting Director is staying at Washington still hoping for David Cooper to join the staff.

Quote from another source..
Once we saw Jarret at the press conference in Washington, I kinda figured he wasn't coming to Bama but was just trying to be patient with that one. So we still have a few holes to fill in but nothing major.

Michigan lost the most important coach that they credited their national championship team to.. Jim Harbaugh took strength and conditioning coach, Ben Herbert with him to the Chargers.. he just made him the highest paid strength coach in the NFL.

I watched Lowe closely when Ole Miss was in trouble under Freeze. Sycophant may not be the right word; it's close. I said it a lot back then and I'm standing by it now. He doesn't report the "whole truth." And, it's in an effort to maintain contacts; not journalism.

Here's another example. Why no mention of Maryland?

Back
Top Bottom