| FTBL 2023-24 COACHING CAROUSEL UPDATE

Teams
OUT
In
ANALYSIS
TAMU
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Elko
Fisher was fired after posting a 45-25 record in six seasons with the Aggies. He's owed over $77 million to be paid out through 2021.
Michigan St.
Mel Tucker (cause)
Jonathan Smith
Tucker was fired in September amid allegations of sexual harassment. He was 20-14 in four seasons with the Spartans.
Miss State
Zach Arnett
Jeff Lebby
Arnett was fired after posting a 5-6 record with the Bulldogs in his first full season after taking over for the late Mike Leach.
Northwestern
Pat Fitzgerald (cause)
David Braun
Fitzgerald was dismissed after an investigation revealed a culture of hazing within the program. He was 110-101 in 17 seasons leading the Wildcats.
Boise
Andy Avalos
Avalos was let go after 10 games in the 2023 season. He was 22-14 in three seasons leading the Broncos.
SDSU
Brady Hoke (retired)
Sean Lewis
Hoke was 39-30 in two stints with Aztecs (2009-10, 2020-23). He was 104-90 overall as a head coach with stops at Ball State (2003-08), Michigan (2011-14) and as an interim coach at Tennessee (2017).
Syracuse
Dino Barber
Fran Brown
Babers, 62, has been at Syracuse for eight seasons, posting an overall record of 41-55 with two bowl appearances.
New Mexico
Danny Gonzales
Fired
Indiana
Tom Allen
Curt Cignetti
Fired
Duke
Mike Elko
Elko hired at TAMU
UL Monroe
Terry Bowden
Fired, just like his Dad
Houston
Dana Holgorsen
MTSU
Rick Stockstill
UC Davis
Dan Hawkins
Oregon St
Jonathan Smith
Trey Bray
Indiana
Curt Cignetti

Last edited:
I was reading about that today and it was very interesting... a move to get opportunity with better school?
Returning. He spent six or seven years at UofSC before taking the GSU job. I don't know if the compensation will be any better. I'd have to look it up ... seems like I remember a contract extension a few years ago. He's making less than a million at GSU.

Recruiting move. He's well known and respected in SC.

Returning. He spent six or seven years at UofSC before taking the GSU job. I don't know if the compensation will be any better. I'd have to look it up ... seems like I remember a contract extension a few years ago. He's making less than a million at GSU.

Recruiting move. He's well known and respected in SC.

He's done a very solid job at Georgia State, which only started up in the last fifteen years.

GA st looked really good against a lot of teams..so that’s saying alot..

He's done a very solid job at Georgia State, which only started up in the last fifteen years.
I'd have to look...betting he's a .500 coach; likely worse.

If you are a .500 or below head coach in at a G5 school ... your best bet is sticking with roles as a position coach or coordinator. "Ya ain't cut for it."

I'd have to look...betting he's a .500 coach; likely worse.

If you are a .500 or below head coach in at a G5 school ... your best bet is sticking with roles as a position coach or coordinator. "Ya ain't cut for it."

I said a solid job at Georgia State. Knowing their money and alumni support is nothing, he's done a good job getting those teams to bowl games. I never said he should be the head coach at South Carolina or any other SEC school. Chalk a couple of those losses up to playing much more prominent teams as well. He's done a solid job with lack of funds and support from the school.

Back
Top Bottom