| MBB/WBB Coaching Carousel: Calipari to take over the Arkansas program. [Updated with Oats statement]

Sure is nice to have an AD who can handle a search without every single move being played out publicly. That's not so an arrow shot at Barnhardt as it is a massive compliment to Byrne. This day in age with the media at all levels trying to get the scoop, fans tracking planes, and admin/booster leaks... it's really quite remarkable that it can still be done under the radar. I'd bet there's less than a handful that can still do it that way on a search of this magnitude, and Byrne is one of them.

KY has to be humbled by now.

LOL, you've seen what they've said about Oats... they'll just do the same with these others. Move some goal posts around and convince themselves that Coach [insert name here] really wanted it, but was stopped from taking it because [insert excuse here]. Not sure why it is so painful for some fans to admit that they had to take a "lesser" choice. Often times, the "lesser" hire turns out better anyway. But I guess egos won't allow them to even consider it... and that isn't limited to Kentucky fans... it's EVERYBODY. There's nothing wrong with swinging for the fences, sometimes, even Kentucky basketball, or Alabama football, will get told no. It's ok.

I don't watch enough BYU basketball or know enough about Pope to really make a fair judgment, but it feels like if he wasn't connected to Kentucky as a player, he'd have never been in the conversation. And maybe he'll do really well, he'll certainly have all the support ($) he needs... but man... Did they even call Chris Beard? Or hell, someone like Greg McDermott?

UK Basketball and Bama football are a lot alike. I have no issue with UK folks having high expectations. Now egoes do get in the way but the fans and program having high expectations they should never appologize for. Same reason Bama will never be down long they demand excellance.

Everything you are hearing about UK was said about Bama 17 years ago.

A Matt Dougherty type hire?

The ranges of emotions UK fans have been through these last few days isn't about to get easier tomorrow, or Monday.

It may be worth tuning into KSR Monday...just sayin'

LOL, you've seen what they've said about Oats... they'll just do the same with these others. Move some goal posts around and convince themselves that Coach [insert name here] really wanted it, but was stopped from taking it because [insert excuse here]. Not sure why it is so painful for some fans to admit that they had to take a "lesser" choice. Often times, the "lesser" hire turns out better anyway. But I guess egos won't allow them to even consider it... and that isn't limited to Kentucky fans... it's EVERYBODY.
Take a good look at their message board. It's elite level spinning. Apparently Oats was all locked in to go to UK but he's getting a divorce.

Back
Top Bottom