| GAME THREAD 🏈 Championship Weekend 🏈

Seeing the ESPN probability of Bama making it has gone down to 42% after the ACC championship game. Never have understood their algorithm so who knows.

Something no one is talking about Bama is undefeated in league play. Texas is not.

It will be hard to leave someone out but the committee has viewed Bama as good but not great all year. Nothing Bama has done has moved the needle in their eyes so they are looking at some metric or eye test that has kept us at #8. Maybe they thought it would all take care of itself well it has not. 5 conference champions 2 with 1 loss. Now what? I can't imaging a 1 loss SEC champ not making it in. Bama hands down has the best win against the team the committee has been saying is #1.

Sitting here watching College Football Live and they are interviewing Sark. He knows if they played Bama again the outcome would be different. Of course he is talking about how well Texas is playing of late and he is beating the head to head drum as he should.

Seeing the ESPN probability of Bama making it has gone down to 42% after the ACC championship game. Never have understood their algorithm so who knows.

Something no one is talking about Bama is undefeated in league play. Texas is not.

It will be hard to leave someone out but the committee has viewed Bama as good but not great all year. Nothing Bama has done has moved the needle in their eyes so they are looking at some metric or eye test that has kept us at #8. Maybe they thought it would all take care of itself well it has not. 5 conference champions 2 with 1 loss. Now what? I can't imaging a 1 loss SEC champ not making it in. Bama hands down has the best win against the team the committee has been saying is #1.

Sitting here watching College Football Live and they are interviewing Sark. He knows if they played Bama again the outcome would be different. Of course he is talking about how well Texas is playing of late and he is beating the head to head drum as he should.
It's because their math takes into account Coaches and AP poll also, which hasn't been kind to Bama either this year. Unfortunately.

Here's the bottom line: If FSU makes the final four then it doesn't matter who they play. They will get destroyed. Even with Jordan I am not convinced they are a top 4 team. However, it's obvious that the fix was in from the ACC last night. Brohm could not have called a worse game if he tried. You can't convince me that wasn't on purpose. And the refs ignored the FSU defensive PI all night. If the DBs did that in NYC they would be arrested for mugging. With playoff money on the line I have no trouble believing that the ACC made sure they were represented.

Updated SOS...Seminoles are laggards, and Washington (who is in for sure) is at number 8.

1Ohio St (11-1)13.41455
2Alabama (12-1)13.21573
3LSU (9-3)12.31411
4Michigan (13-0)11.538510
5Texas (12-1)11.31634
6Penn St (10-2)11.12432
7Georgia (12-1)10.316312
8Washington (13-0)9.973913
9Oregon (11-2)9.697715
10Mississippi (10-2)9.54896
11Texas A&M (7-5)9.469216
12Notre Dame (9-3)9.361247
13Kansas St (8-4)9.28999
14Missouri (10-2)9.0912511
15Oklahoma (10-2)8.757017
16Florida St (13-0)8.514319

Michigan vs Alabama
Washington vs Texas
Alabama vs Texas. We win and much of the country has a meltdown 😂

These are my thoughts, but I have Washington jumping Michigan after beating a Top 6 team twice and Michigan with only one quality win as I consider Penn State shitty.

I think your four is what we'll see, but here is what I honestly think it should be.

Washington, Michigan, Alabama, and Georgia. Best four. Hate it for Texas, but their resume doesn't stack up to ours even with the head to head.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 4
Here's the bottom line: If FSU makes the final four then it doesn't matter who they play. They will get destroyed. Even with Jordan I am not convinced they are a top 4 team. However, it's obvious that the fix was in from the ACC last night. Brohm could not have called a worse game if he tried. You can't convince me that wasn't on purpose. And the refs ignored the FSU defensive PI all night. If the DBs did that in NYC they would be arrested for mugging. With playoff money on the line I have no trouble believing that the ACC made sure they were represented.
And if Bama is left out, then there will NEVER EVER be an upset like yesterday in future SECCGs. The SEC will NOT let a #1 team lose again. They attempted it against Bama with the lack of PI calls. It won't just be an attempt in the future.

These are my thoughts, but I have Washington jumping Michigan after beating a Top 6 team twice and Michigan with only one quality win as I consider Penn State shitty.

I think your four is what we'll see, but here is what I honestly think it should be.

Washington, Michigan, Alabama, and Georgia. Best four. Hate it for Texas, but their resume doesn't stack up to ours even with the head to head.
I hadn't thought of that. As far as Michigan getting jumped. I found a sight showing all the hopefuls strength of schedule and strength of record last night but I was too tired to really compare resumes of the 5 teams competing for 4 spots.

Last edited:
Updated SOS...Seminoles are laggards, and Washington (who is in for sure) is at number 8.

1Ohio St (11-1)13.41455
2Alabama (12-1)13.21573
3LSU (9-3)12.31411
4Michigan (13-0)11.538510
5Texas (12-1)11.31634
6Penn St (10-2)11.12432
7Georgia (12-1)10.316312
8Washington (13-0)9.973913
9Oregon (11-2)9.697715
10Mississippi (10-2)9.54896
11Texas A&M (7-5)9.469216
12Notre Dame (9-3)9.361247
13Kansas St (8-4)9.28999
14Missouri (10-2)9.0912511
15Oklahoma (10-2)8.757017
16Florida St (13-0)8.514319

A FWIW post...

Some listed criteria on the selection process when deciding between 2 teams... Let's assume for a moment, it is Alabama being compared to FSU...

-Conference Championships won = Both
-Strength of Schedule = Alabama
-Head-to-Head competition = n/a
-Comparative Outcome of Common Opponents = Both teams beat LSU
-Other relevant factors such as injuries to key players which may impact the teams future performance = FSU lost their starting QB which obviously impacted their performance and will continue to do so.

I can't listen to those idiots on ESPN anymore. Robert Griffin III is the biggest fucking idiot on television. Him and Beth Mowens are in the same league, but I even give her the edge over him because he's just that bad. Sam Acho ain't far behind for being a dipshit himself.

I can't listen to those idiots on ESPN anymore. Robert Griffin III is the biggest fucking idiot on television. Him and Beth Mowens are in the same league, but I even give her the edge over him because he's just that bad. Sam Acho ain't far behind for being a dipshit himself.

Imagine he and Booger MacFarland in one of those escape rooms.

Back
Top Bottom