| BSB/SB ⚾ The Frisco Classic - Bama falls to Dallas Baptist in Extra Innings, 7-5: 3-1 on the weekend.

First reaction: What the hell? What kind of call was that? From whom?
Second reaction: Click on Twitter thread.

I was listening via the Varsity App and my immediate thoughts were “ what the hell? and the runner did it on his own!” I also looked to see that Arizona had been struggling thus far 4-6 or something like that and I thought, “well, maybe the coach is trying to provide a spark!”

In "wake" of the Eli Gold discussion ...

Just noticed something and they were closing out the third.

"This is the Crimson Tide Network from Learfield."

New? Or have I just been ignoring it since I thought it was common knowledge?

In "wake" of the Eli Gold discussion ...

Just noticed something and they were closing out the third.

New? Or have I just been ignoring it since I thought it was common knowledge?

Just a guy getting paid for the series that isn’t used to saying it and probably wasn’t looking at the copy and fouled it off that half inning. Overall, I thought the guy did a really good job this weekend though. Know nothing about him but he probably does the minor league games there or nearby.

I thought they were yelling "step off." Went back and listened again...should have finished the video.

Sounds like they were prepped, eh?
Yep! Pitcher has to “step off” the backside of the rubber with his opposite foot( left handed/left foot and right handed/right foot) in order to become a regular defender. Definitely practiced A LOT!! Without it, pitchers often balk the guy in from third on the runner’s break to the plate.

Yep! Pitcher has to “step off” the backside of the rubber with his opposite foot( left handed/left foot and right handed/right foot) in order to become a regular defender. Definitely practiced A LOT!! Without it, pitchers often balk the guy in from third on the runner’s break to the plate.
To me, it sounded/looked like the dugout saw the steal and started yelling "step off." I don't think Heiberger saw him: bench queued him. IE: like talking on defense in any other sport.

DBU has been a really solid program the last few years and is a good team this season. Good sign we went toe-to-toe with them and had opportunities to win (bases loaded with no outs). Just gotta capitalize.

No, that's pretty normal.

I think he meant leaving out the "Sports" part. At least, that's what I assumed he meant.

I believe he said "Sports," I left it out in my post.

When I was following the Gold story and the related comments it shocked me how few knew of Learfield. IF they did, responses certainly didn't suggest they knew.

Did Eli close out segments with "This is CTSN from Learfield?"

I believe he said "Sports," I left it out in my post.

When I was following the Gold story and the related comments it shocked me how few knew of Learfield. IF they did, responses certainly didn't suggest they knew.

Did Eli close out segments with "This is CTSN from Learfield?"

They all do, usually.

Back
Top Bottom